christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Traveling through The Time machine

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

GlidingWings

GlidingWings

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Have you ever wondered about traveling through a Time machine? What if there was a real time machine you had where you are living now? Ok I’m using my imagination. But there was a Christian movie called the Time Changer with Gavin MacLeod also Hal Linden and comedian Paul Rodriguez.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Time_Changer

This Christian movie starts in the past and goes into the future what it would be like. The past had to try to reason with the future. A Jesus message using a time machine plot.

So this post is asking each person to imagine, what if you had a time machine at home. Imagine once a week, for a 24 hour day, each week you can go back to your child hood. This age must be under 18 years old. If you could go back in a time machine every week once a day what age and what grade would you want to be sent back in time?

If you can go in the past once a week at that age and grade share some things what life would be like and what you would do if you can visit your past. Remember each week you have 24 hours from 8 am Friday to 8 am Saturday your back in time. By Saturday 8 am your back home each week.

I chose Friday because it is both a school day and a day you get our of school for Saturday morning. Which means every week once you get part weekday and weekend experience in the time machine..

So again if you could travel once a week every week every Friday morning to Saturday morning from 8 am to 8 am what age and grade under 18 would you want to be? What exactly do you want to do going back in time on these trips. You don't need to be with your family if you don't want to. You can be with your friends if you want. . This is your imagination to build a brand new past you may not have ever had before. So anything goes how you want to create the past in your weekly visits. . It's Your Machine. It's your times. It's your turn. Who would like to go first?

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Their were a couple of movies that I saw dealing with time travel."The Time Machine" and "Back to the Future".I always thought it would be interesting but only if I knew what I know now.God would never allow it.

GlidingWings

GlidingWings

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Hi BoPeep

The post I posted  is not to be taken literally. I wasn't writing anything of real facts.

Well the only real facts was I started out talking about the movie.

This post is meant to be a fun post. It takes ones imagination to be able to answer what I posted.

A lot of people are used to using the Google searching for an answer and from that get an answer.

But what I have posted is more like a school assignment which uses real thinking.

So now let's imagine we had a time machine.

This time machine was in our house.Every week at Friday 8am go inside the machine push the buttons pull the handle and then are back in the past.

Now the questions were..

If you could go back in time under the age of 18 what age or grade in school would you want to be on your weekly visits? Of course you will get to see people in the past even those that passed away including family or friends.

So then the next is at this age we chosen what would then want to do planning things out with family or frinds being back in this time and age?

Now remember using our imagination every week once a week we leave every Friday 8am and return back Saturday 8 am which is 24 hrs each week.

So using this time frame will help us to think or figure out going back to our past how would you spend your time.

Waiting2BwithHim

Waiting2BwithHim

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

First I have the movie Time changers. I think it was a good movie.

As for going back in time that's easy for me. I would be in second grade at age 7 for many reasons..

First I absolutely loved Mrs Kushing, this teacher I had.. She really made one feel good at all times about themselves.

I had at the time a speech impediment that others kids would tease me about. The teacher would never allow them to do this and kept the kids after school for no matter how many times they would tease me.

Then as far  as my family I would love to be back at age 7 because that is when I can remember having my family be what a family is to be about.

I remember doing things outdoors with my Dad like playing ball and things. When he would come home from work if I was down the block playing I would see him come home and run into his arms all the time.

With my Mom whom I was closer with just because she is Mom. I remember things with her especially when I was sick like coloring books, watching TV and her just holding me.

Then with my only sister Marg I would be able to get up in the middle of night with her to sneek food out the fridge.

Then with my youngest brother Dom I would be able to roller skate around the pool table we have again like we were in a Roller Derby game.

Then I would have my first real dog Chico that I can remember and play ball with him again also.

Then it would be off back to the present 2014 again until next Friday when I guess I would have to think what I would do.

Boy I guess you really can treasure memories :bighug:

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Hi BoPeep

The post I posted  is not to be taken literally. I wasn't writing anything of real facts.

This post is meant to be a fun post. It takes ones imagination to be able to answer what I posted.

A lot of people are used to using the Google searching for an answer and from that get an answer.

But what I have posted is more like a school assignment which uses real thinking.

This time machine was in our house.Every week at Friday 8am go inside the machine push the buttons pull the handle and then are back in the past.

Now the questions were..

If you could go back in time under the age of 18 what age or grade in school would you want to be on your weekly visits? Of course you will get to see people in the past even those that passed away including family or friends.

So then the next is at this age we chosen what would then want to do planning things out with family or frinds being back in this time and age?

Now remember using our imagination every week once a week we leave every Friday 8am and return back Saturday 8 am which is 24 hrs each week.

So using this time frame will help us to think or figure out going back to our past how would you spend your time.

I know that post is just for fun.Just as I have spent alot of my life day dreaming :mgcheerful: . Wow,you have given it much thought.I have quite a vivid imagination.It is sometimes fun to dream about    WHAT IF.....

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

I'd like to go forward please; to the new heaven and earth with King Jesus Christ my Lord! :)

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Hi BoPeep

Now the questions were..

i honestly would spend some of my time listening and talking to my parents more...and the things they told me that went in one ear and out the other ear, I be catching it, trust me.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Hi BoPeep

Now the questions were..

i honestly would spend some of my time listening and talking to my parents more...and the things they told me that went in one ear and out the other ear, I be catching it, trust me.

Yea,the the same with me.When you are all grown up and have children of your own you think "Hmmmm......mom really did know what she was talking about".   :grin:

Spock

Spock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
Honestly, there was nothing in my past that thrilled me enough to ant to go back. I loved growing up playing all the sports, but pretty much dating didn't start until I was able to drive a car, around 16, even though I wished I could have gotten to know some girls who I liked earlier.

I'd rather go into the future.

accensa candela

accensa candela
  • Members
  • 8 posts

I can think of many times I would love to travel back in time to kick myself in the back end :)

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,538 posts

I'd like to go back and tell myself not to turn my back on God just because my church was lying to me.....    about 14 months I'd really like to have back to redo....

chloe_fantastic

chloe_fantastic

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

My childhood wasn't that great so I'm not so sure I'd want to relive it........

However, if I did, I'd spend more time with my dad. He died when I was 20.

I'd maybe like to go back and leave myself a note sharing the Gospel with my younger self, tell myself to take school seriously, stay away from the smokes, booze and other substances.....and boys.....

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network