christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Forgiveness

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Beverly

Beverly
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Reading, walking, being on or near the water. Helping others. Being with my grandkids.

Does the Lord ever stop forgiving us for our sins? Can I get back into fellowship and his grace?

Omegaman

Omegaman

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  • Interests:Bible, photography, travel, eBay :), things with engines, marine tropical fish, sailing on dry land, camping, Worthychatting, making things, learning, food lol, browsing the i-net, creating and hosting websites, these are a few of my favorite things.
This is an important question. The simple answer is that His love, kindness, grace, mercy etc, extend forever. That is easy, but asking a question like that with a simple truth has dangers. It makes it sound as though a Christian and sin with immunity, and I would ate to give that impression.

First, let's be clear that it is only believers that the Lord forgives. When a person beleives, the Lord not only forgives them, but changes them. The desire to please the Lord, to repent, to live live according to God's wlll, is present, and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit gives the beleiver a power to resist that was not before present. Also, we have this promise:

No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it. (1 Cor 10:13).

From the moment of belief until the end of our lives, we are set apart for God's purposes, and we are being conformed to the image of His Son, we are being made to be more like Jesus.

Here is my concern, if we are not seeing any evidence in our lives, that we are sinning less or if we do not find that we have a desire to sin less, then I would worry that perhaps, I was not born again as I had supposed. We are not expected to be perfect, but we are expected to improve, to desire righteousness etc, and I think that questions of forgiveness should be worring. Our confidence is that Jesus can forgive all our sins, if we are truly born again, but we are also aware that as the saved ones of God, that habitual sin, a lifestyle of sin, should be or are becoming a thing of the past.

This is my opinion and I hope it is helpful.

Lek

Lek
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Studying the bible. Apologetics. Helping at food locker. Attending Oakland As baseball games. Working out.
As long as we're truly trying to follow his will and are truly sorry, he will forgive your sins. It often takes a long time to overcome certain behaviors that we are prone to, but over time God will give you mastery over them. I'm saying this out of experience and I'm still working on my own weaknesses. With God's help, you pick yourself up and try again.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • Interests:My Heavenly Father,Jesus Christ,the Holy Spirit,the Bible,people,all Gods creatures(great,small & furry),from the sublime to the ridiculous,learning in general

Blessings Beverly!

I do welcome you to Worthy with open arms.........and welcome back into fellowship,I think the Lord has lead you here that you can begin right now!It is not mere coincidence that you just fell upon this blessed site,Praise & Glory to God!

Beverly,If Jesus is your Lord & Savior then you never been without the Grace of God.................I don't know what sin you are talking about or how long this is going on or anything about what is going on in your life but I do know one thing & that is what Jesus would say if you asked Him this question....."He would say,your sins are forgiven....go in peace and sin no more"

Omega offered wonderful words for you to consider and Lek has also spoken the truth....the Lord is delighted when He brings back one of His little sheep back to the fold,it is He that has called you & loves you!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Mr.Patrick

Mr.Patrick
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:I am open to any subject or discussion. Mainly I'm here to meet new friends, and improve my english.

Can I get back into fellowship and his grace?

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes ! Seven thousands Yes! Whenever You fall, get up and come to the Lord. And of course like Lek said, work on your weakness and ask for help. " over time God will give you mastery over your weakness".

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,169 posts
  • Interests:Dog training, fellowshipping with my family at Worthy. Worshiping the Lord in song. Sharing Jesus with those who do not know Him.

Does the Lord ever stop forgiving us for our sins? Can I get back into fellowship and his grace?

He never stops forgiving us and the word Grace means unmerited favor.  We are always under His grace as born again believers.  That, however does not mean that you can do whatever you wish.  His love is unconditional and when you walk with Him and do as He asks you will always walk under His grace. 

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,410 posts

He never stops forgiving us; if He did we would be without hope.  You've only to repent and ask His forgiveness.  And ask for His help going forward.  :mgbowtie: 

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, cooking, baking, making cards.

If we mortals are told by Jesus to forgive one who sins against us not just 7 times but 77 times 7 can God who is merciful and holy be as limited as we are and forgive only 77 times X 7- His forgiveness is limitless as long as we come to Him with a humble and contrite heart otherwise Jesus would not have told His disciples to pray the "Lord's Prayer", one which we should pray daily.

destroytheworksofthedevil

destroytheworksofthedevil
  • Banned
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:my Father, his Son and the Holy Ghost who lives in me, fellow believers and unbelievers alike.

Our Father never stops forgiving us, if we ask forgiveness for our sins he is Faithful to forgive us, and we can always turn around and be right back with our Father, nothing can take you out of his hands.

HISservant7

HISservant7
  • 3 posts

Friend, once The Lord GOD has forgiven and cleansed us from our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, we are eternally forgiven and walk henceforth in the newness of Life. Certainly, in these physical bodies we are not perfect and will slip up occassionally. However, The Lord will always be there to guide and help us improve... HE says "I will never leave thee nor forsake thee." (Hebrews 13:5). The Lord is Faithful, Almighty and He never fails. His Word is True... so believe Him.

"But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. Thus saith the Lord, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The Lord of hosts is his name:" - Jeremiah 31:33-35

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network