christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Female angles????!!!!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

kat7310

kat7310
  • Members
  • 8 posts

The first female was Eve.  There are no female angels

Guest_P_W_*

Guest_P_W_*
  • Guests

Thank you, Willamina!  That was awesome!

Always in His care,

PrairWarur

Izzel

Izzel

Veteran Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

I think the Bible says that the angels do not have any gender.

The bible says the angels are males only notice that non of the fallen angels were females and that they took human wives 

Joshua-777

Joshua-777

Royal Member

• Worthy Prayer Partner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts
  • Interests:Learning to love Jesus with all my heart, soul, and mind, and learning to love my neighbor as myself.

God's creation is so huge, we cannot begin to comprehend all he has created on the earth let alone what is in the third heavens. I can't believe that feminine beings are just His earthly invention. He is an infinite creator and has created multitudes of angels. The concept of male and female was His idea, not ours.

• Guests

Some people would disagree about being gender less.

There are people who believe angels had relations with humans and created giants, I think they were called Nephalim or something close to that.

This is what I aluded to when I said "My belief is that although angels seem to depicted in the bible in male terms, they are in fact, genderless - i do not think they have reproductive parts. I hope that does not turn this thread into a debate on human/angelic relations."

• Guests

God's creation is so huge, we cannot begin to comprehend all he has created on the earth let alone what is in the third heavens. I can't believe that feminine beings are just His earthly invention. He is an infinite creator and has created multitudes of angels. The concept of male and female was His idea, not ours.

Well Josh, of course gender is His idea, but gender appears to be for procreation, I am not sure that Angels have a need for procreation. People needed to fill the Earth, and people also die off, and need to restock, lol. I see no need to speculate that Angels have a female gender, since they are never mentioned they either do not exist or it is not something we are intended to know, that I how I see it. If we want to speculate that way, we can invent all sorts of things.

Spock

Spock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:Prophecy, tennis, golf, us presidents, astronomy, children, fantasy football, good tv/film

Some people would disagree about being gender less.There are people who believe angels had relations with humans and created giants, I think they were called Nephalim or something close to that.

This is what I aluded to when I said "My belief is that although angels seem to depicted in the bible in male terms, they are in fact, genderless - i do not think they have reproductive parts. I hope that does not turn this thread into a debate on human/angelic relations."

Relax omega. I don't believe you started the thread asking the question about the possible existence of angels being female. so just because you disagree with the possibilities that Genesis 6 may infer, I think it is worthy to be explored. The passage I alluded to should be considered because MANY bible experts believe exactly that- that angels had relations with humans, this are not gender less.

His_disciple3

His_disciple3

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:preaching the Gospel, reading my favorite Bible The King James Bible. and watching my granddaughters grow up!

Zech 5:9
9 Then lifted I up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven.
KJV

• Guests
Well Josh, of course gender is His idea, but gender appears to be for procreation, I am not sure that Angels have a need for procreation. People needed to fill the Earth, and people also die off, and need to restock, lol. I see no need to speculate that Angels have a female gender, since they are never mentioned they either do not exist or it is not something we are intended to know, that I how I see it. If we want to speculate that way, we can invent all sorts of things.

:thumbsup:

Woman Is Unique

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26-28

For She Came From Adam

And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. Genesis 2:21-22

That Mighty Dust Man Of The Earth

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Genesis 2:7

And Eve Is No Angel

And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. Genesis 2:23-24

But The Mother

When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;

What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: Psalms 8:3-6

Of Us All

And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living. Genesis 3:20

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,295 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, cooking, baking, making cards.

Angels are spirits. They can take on human form just as Lucifer who was a cherub ( not chubby baby angel) can take on different forms including appear as an angel of light. When they appear to man they appear as man in human form. They are not male or female nor are given in marriage - that is how we will be after the rapture.

Hall7

Hall7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, the Holy Spirit, enjoying the outdoors in snow, water, and mountain peaks...

If there was I wish I could marry one. 

a-seeker

a-seeker

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

From my understanding, angels have no specific gender, unless it was the Angel of The Lord, which I was taught is the pre-incarnate Jesus Christ.  We do use the male pronoun when speaking of the Holy Spirit, God and some angels.  And yes, Michael and Gabriel are male names, but I am still fairly sure God, the Holy Spirit and all of the angels have no specific gender, and/or probably both male and female attributes.

Many were spoken of in male ways, as when Jacob wrestled with the angel, but again, if the Angel of The Lord is Jesus Christ, then that may be why.  

Will be interesting to see what others have to say.  I know Jesus spoke in feminine terms, sometimes.  One example is when He was lamenting over Jerusalem and said He longed to gather them "under His wings as a mother hen gathers her chicks...."

I agree with you, Omegaman.  There will be no marriage in heaven and I understand this as you have described.

Maybe the person who thought there was an angel Gloria just misread where the angels sang Gloria?  Glory to God in the highest and peace to His people on earth.  Amen!

I remain your genderless brother/sister in Jesus Christ,

PrairWarur - ain't telling.  LOL  *wink*

At the risk of turning this into an entirely different thread (but then it seems we have run the original question into the ground) what do you mean by gender.  The typical distinction is between gender and sex, the latter being purely anatomical (sexual parts) yielding the relationship male and female; the former (supposedly) being a cultural convention, yielding the relationship Masculine/Feminine.

If you asserting that neither angels nor the Trinity posses "sex" i.e. sexual parts my reply would vary: 1) Jesus Christ was a man is fully God according to orthodox teaching. 2) Yes, apart from the Incarnation, God is sexless--having made matter and not being made of it He cannot possess reproductive organs.  3) Perhaps angels are sexless, although the traditional reading of the Gen 6 attributes the origins of the Nephilim to illicit sexual relations between fallen angels and women.

If you are asserting that God is "gender-less" than I would ask you why you thought it was primarily masculine language that was used of Him and not neuter (as we sometimes slip and refer to the HOly Spirit as an "It"?  There are, as pointed out, some feminine metaphors, like where Jesus laments of Jerusalem, wishing he could protect the city as a hen does her chicks.

But predominantly God is masculine, and we are feminine: In the Old Testament Israel is God's wife; in the new, Christ is the Church's husband.

Just curious....and perhaps better for a new thread.

clb

SandyU

SandyU
  • Members
  • 70 posts

I dont think angels were ever human. I am not sure how we will be like them, but we will be like them in some way. Don't remember female angels in the Bible. The Bible only gives the names of a few. I think angels can take on other forms and can appear human. We could be in the company of angels. Maybe if we help someone. Am I wrong?

• Guests

Relax omega. I don't believe you started the thread asking the question about the possible existence of angels being female. so just because you disagree with the possibilities that Genesis 6 may infer, I think it is worthy to be explored. The passage I alluded to should be considered because MANY bible experts believe exactly that- that angels had relations with humans, this are not gender less.

No, I did not start the thread, but I did approve your contribution to it so that others may read them, just so you know, lol. I am responding with my thoughts, as you are with yours. Had you stated some sort of heresy, I might not have been so inclined. I think, as you do that ideas are worth discussing.

However, discussing the the possibility of human/angelic relations, is outside the scope of the question of the OP, and may be disturbing to some. That topic has been discussed plenty on the forums in threads specific to that topic. My hope was, that alluding to that specific Genesis passage, we might avoid diverting changing the topic, looks like that might be up to you.

John SOG

John SOG
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Yahvah's word, Yahvah's people Israel, genealogy, history, ranching, and sustainable living

True, but the stork is unclean, therefore this verse is not speaking of angels (messengers, Elohim, Sons of God) 

John SOG

John SOG
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Yahvah's word, Yahvah's people Israel, genealogy, history, ranching, and sustainable living

Angels are consistently referred to as male and the reason we will not be given in marriage is  if you live forever there is no need for others to be born

DeaneRenata

DeaneRenata

• PipPip
  • 143 posts

I don't think that female angels are Biblical. I was always taught that they were male. I don't think my church had ever taught them ans genderless though.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2015 part of the Worthy Network