Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What's in a name?

50 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Is a name important? Why did some of you pick your Worthy names? Has there ever been any confusion as to what sort of a person you really are?

I think names are important in the sense that it allows us to separate ourselves from one another. I don't believe they identify us as who we are, spiritually. My name for example, "man". There are negative connotations associated with that word, especially on christian forums. I didn't give that any thought when I chose that name. When I first registered with this site, I had a name in mind but it was already taken. So after multiple rejections I simply typed in "man" and it was accepted. 

Well, at least nobody can accuse 'man' of being an effeminate name. Good job you didn't type in the word 'woman'. :laughing:

Posted · Report post

My screen name now has no rhyme or reason to it actually, well, nothing of "deep thought" went into it or anything. Except for the fact I wanted to ditch an older screen name I had for several years (which I tired of) but I wanted keep the "fire" part of it, so I chose this one. My prior screen name was "Fireinfolding" which I chose out of Ezek 1:4

Ezek 1:4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a ((fire infolding)) itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

I loved the way that is worded, so I pulled those two words from that verse and stuck em' together, and so even my first screen name and even that didn't have any more thought then that.

So on a few boards I have the same name and others a different ones, but I will often play off of "the fire" part in some way. And yet why I do that, "I haven't a real clue" perhaps just to help jog my memory as to what my name might be maybe? lol

Some folks take their screen names really seriously, like if you shorten it, because its too long to type out they really associate themselves with it on a strange personal level. For example, just say their name is "Knowitall" and you address them as "Knowit" (for short) they treat it as equally as they might if it was their real name, like Robert and you just called them "Rob". By which only their most significant other has the royal permission to call them).

In that way I mean.

Posted · Report post

Fez is a short version of the Zulu name for scorpion, (Fezela) which my Zulu compatriots gave to me during the time I was conducting anti poaching operations. It has stuck and many of the staff I worked with still call me Fezela.

Some confuse it with the TV character or the Fez hat which originated in Turkey. 

Also it's short and easy to type......

Posted · Report post

Fez is a short version of the Zulu name for scorpion, (Fezela) which my Zulu compatriots gave to me during the time I was conducting anti poaching operations. It has stuck and many of the staff I worked with still call me Fezela.

Some confuse it with the TV character or the Fez hat which originated in Turkey. 

Yes, I always thought that it had something to do with

fez.jpg

Posted · Report post

I've been mistaking for a male so many times!

Posted · Report post

In real life or just on Worthy?

Only joking..... :laughing:

Posted · Report post

Well, at least nobody can accuse 'man' of being an effeminate name. Good job you didn't type in the word 'woman'. :laughing:

True, but I have been referred to as "she" on more than one occasion.  :laugh:

poor lady, er man.

Posted · Report post

I always associated your name with Fez from "Thats 70's show"

Posted · Report post

My name is just because I enjoy a lot of coffee and am always using a stir-stick. Some people confuse my name as someone who "stirs the pot" or someone who likes to get a rise out of people, although that is probably true..the name originated from my love for the java.

Posted · Report post

Hall is my middle name.

Posted · Report post

Hall is my middle name.

No way! Like the Oats brothers Hall?

Hall n' Oats?

Where did your parents come up with that?

Why 7?lol

Posted · Report post

Like Arsenio Hall lol. I have no idea how my dad came up with that name, sounds more like a last name.  7 because I had to add a little spice to it I guess :P

Posted · Report post

Like Arsenio Hall lol. I have no idea how my dad came up with that name, sounds more like a last name.  7 because I had to add a little spice to it I guess :P

LOL Just added a little spice to it eh?

Can I call ya Spicey 7 the rubberband man? LOL

Arenio, I hadn't thought of that.

Posted · Report post

A boy named Sue  :grin:

Posted · Report post

Spicey 7 the rubberband man? Sure why not lol. How do I quote posts? Something has changed while I was gone and it won't let me quote by just clicking the quote button?

Posted · Report post

Spicey 7 the rubberband man? Sure why not lol. How do I quote posts? Something has changed while I was gone and it won't let me quote by just clicking the quote button?

It sounds like that is a task for the Mods.You could PM one of them.

Posted · Report post

Click the quote button? LOL

I dunno, on one puter certain things don't work in the reply box for me, but the quote feature works.

Im so technically challenged I would be of zero help in such times as this lol

Bopeeps a boy named Sue went right over my head, what did I miss? lol

Posted · Report post

There is a MuliQuote and a quote button on the posts you want to reply on so that their posts appear on top of your response. Well it doesn't work anymore for me. I'll ask a mod but thank you....

Posted · Report post

In real life or just on Worthy?

Only joking..... :laughing:

Well, so far I've never been mistaken for a male in real life,  but then I haven't had much sleep lately so I do look a bit rough....there's still time!

A boy named Sue  :grin:

Great song!

Posted · Report post

There is a MuliQuote and a quote button on the posts you want to reply on so that their posts appear on top of your response. Well it doesn't work anymore for me. I'll ask a mod but thank you....

I don't use the multi-quote.

Posted · Report post

Me neither, I usually dont like talking to folks who line by line ya anyways, way too tedious of a coversation lol

Posted · Report post

My name is just because I enjoy a lot of coffee and am always using a stir-stick. Some people confuse my name as someone who "stirs the pot" or someone who likes to get a rise out of people, although that is probably true..the name originated from my love for the java.

2bb28ae8de5cd0787507febc1c648168.image.2This is what I thought of.   :)

Thats what I thought of too actually

Posted · Report post

Awkward, haha

Posted · Report post

Awkward, haha

Naw.

It just reminded me of my days of Bacardi and Coke. The stories I could tell....... :laugh:

The stories I cant remember

(lol)

Posted · Report post

Awkward, haha

Naw.

It just reminded me of my days of Bacardi and Coke. The stories I could tell....... :laugh:

Bacardi and Coke?That used to be a favorite.  :mgcheerful: Oh but I remembered it all.And talking to Ralph on the big white phone   :mellow:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0