christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What's in a name?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,091 posts

It's not the first time that I've been confused with somebody of the opposite sex. I'm into archery and I picked my name because willow is a good wood for making bows out of. If it's a bit feminine, it's because I didn't think of that at the time.

Is a name important? Why did some of you pick your Worthy names? Has there ever been any confusion as to what sort of a person you really are?

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts

:happyhappy:

http://www.worthychr...-ncn-stand-for/

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,444 posts

Mine, is actually my old gamers tag. When I was in high school, I was big into computer gaming, and I also wanted to join the military and was very "patriotic" as some might say, and I choose my gamers tag to be the_patriot2002. It has since moved over from gaming (which I still do) to being my online identity everywhere, on even years I usually use the full year on odd, just the last 2 digits of the year, and variants of the name have included clan tags (such as [Zs]Patriot) I just have never gotten away from the name.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,091 posts

Mine, is actually my old gamers tag. When I was in high school, I was big into computer gaming, and I also wanted to join the military and was very "patriotic" as some might say, and I choose my gamers tag to be the_patriot2002. It has since moved over from gaming (which I still do) to being my online identity everywhere, on even years I usually use the full year on odd, just the last 2 digits of the year, and variants of the name have included clan tags (such as [Zs]Patriot) I just have never gotten away from the name.

You need to update your name then. It's now 2014 :mgcheerful:

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,444 posts

yes I am a bit behind, perhaps a mod will read this and update it for me lol.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts

yes I am a bit behind, perhaps a mod will read this and update it for me lol.

Poodlepat or just poodle? 

Don't tempt me  :biggrin2:

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,091 posts

Is a name important? Why did some of you pick your Worthy names? Has there ever been any confusion as to what sort of a person you really are?

I think names are important in the sense that it allows us to separate ourselves from one another. I don't believe they identify us as who we are, spiritually. My name for example, "man". There are negative connotations associated with that word, especially on christian forums. I didn't give that any thought when I chose that name. When I first registered with this site, I had a name in mind but it was already taken. So after multiple rejections I simply typed in "man" and it was accepted. 

Well, at least nobody can accuse 'man' of being an effeminate name. Good job you didn't type in the word 'woman'. :laughing:

AFlameOfFire

AFlameOfFire

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
My screen name now has no rhyme or reason to it actually, well, nothing of "deep thought" went into it or anything. Except for the fact I wanted to ditch an older screen name I had for several years (which I tired of) but I wanted keep the "fire" part of it, so I chose this one. My prior screen name was "Fireinfolding" which I chose out of Ezek 1:4

Ezek 1:4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a ((fire infolding)) itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

I loved the way that is worded, so I pulled those two words from that verse and stuck em' together, and so even my first screen name and even that didn't have any more thought then that.

So on a few boards I have the same name and others a different ones, but I will often play off of "the fire" part in some way. And yet why I do that, "I haven't a real clue" perhaps just to help jog my memory as to what my name might be maybe? lol

Some folks take their screen names really seriously, like if you shorten it, because its too long to type out they really associate themselves with it on a strange personal level. For example, just say their name is "Knowitall" and you address them as "Knowit" (for short) they treat it as equally as they might if it was their real name, like Robert and you just called them "Rob". By which only their most significant other has the royal permission to call them).

In that way I mean.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Fez is a short version of the Zulu name for scorpion, (Fezela) which my Zulu compatriots gave to me during the time I was conducting anti poaching operations. It has stuck and many of the staff I worked with still call me Fezela.

Some confuse it with the TV character or the Fez hat which originated in Turkey. 

Also it's short and easy to type......

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,091 posts

Fez is a short version of the Zulu name for scorpion, (Fezela) which my Zulu compatriots gave to me during the time I was conducting anti poaching operations. It has stuck and many of the staff I worked with still call me Fezela.

Some confuse it with the TV character or the Fez hat which originated in Turkey. 

Yes, I always thought that it had something to do with

fez.jpg

darkest_red

darkest_red

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

I've been mistaking for a male so many times!

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,091 posts

I've been mistaking for a male so many times!

In real life or just on Worthy?

Only joking..... :laughing:

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,444 posts

Well, at least nobody can accuse 'man' of being an effeminate name. Good job you didn't type in the word 'woman'. :laughing:

True, but I have been referred to as "she" on more than one occasion.  :laugh:

poor lady, er man.

stirstik

stirstik
  • Members *
  • 97 posts

I always associated your name with Fez from "Thats 70's show"

stirstik

stirstik
  • Members *
  • 97 posts

My name is just because I enjoy a lot of coffee and am always using a stir-stick. Some people confuse my name as someone who "stirs the pot" or someone who likes to get a rise out of people, although that is probably true..the name originated from my love for the java.

Hall7

Hall7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Hall is my middle name.

AFlameOfFire

AFlameOfFire

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Hall is my middle name.

No way! Like the Oats brothers Hall?

Hall n' Oats?

Where did your parents come up with that?

Why 7?lol

Hall7

Hall7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Like Arsenio Hall lol. I have no idea how my dad came up with that name, sounds more like a last name.  7 because I had to add a little spice to it I guess :P

AFlameOfFire

AFlameOfFire

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Like Arsenio Hall lol. I have no idea how my dad came up with that name, sounds more like a last name.  7 because I had to add a little spice to it I guess :P

LOL Just added a little spice to it eh?

Can I call ya Spicey 7 the rubberband man? LOL

Arenio, I hadn't thought of that.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

A boy named Sue  :grin:

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network