Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Your favorite non musical (earthy) sounds

51 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

For me it's the sounds of a light rain outside my window, and the crackling of a small fire. :cowboy::heart:

Posted · Report post

A Loon at night, campfire, wind through the pines and song birds. Not a full list, but something off the top of my head.

Posted · Report post

The sound of a fire crackling in a fireplace on a very cold night.The sound of thunder.

Posted · Report post

If silence was a sound it would be my favorite. I like the sound the ocean makes when it washes up and down the shore.. 

Posted · Report post

If silence was a sound it would be my favorite. I like the sound the ocean makes when it washes up and down the shore.. 

There is scripture about God being silent for our own good I believe,

or scripture about silence in general. (Be still and know I am God)

Pros/Cons of silence. I didn't think about that.

Posted · Report post

A strong thunderstorm with heavy rain and a lot of thunder!

Posted · Report post

If silence was a sound it would be my favorite.

Ever been outside while it is snowing, with an inch or more of snow already on the ground? It has a very unique sound of silence.

Posted · Report post

Huh true Nebula, you just made me realize that. Kind of like a muffled silence.

Posted · Report post

Bacon sizzling

Posted · Report post

If silence was a sound it would be my favorite.

Ever been outside while it is snowing, with an inch or more of snow already on the ground? It has a very unique sound of silence.

yea a very mute sound of the snow falling, very unique sound indeed.

Posted · Report post

i love the sounds of the sea too.

Posted · Report post

Huh true Nebula, you just made me realize that. Kind of like a muffled silence.

"Muffled silence" sounds like a good description!

yea a very mute sound of the snow falling, very unique sound indeed.

Yes, it is. There's something calming and beautiful about it, isn't it?

Posted · Report post

the woods. 

Posted · Report post

i love the sounds of the sea too.

Yes,I love the sound of the ocean.Staying in a cabin right by the ocean and hearing the ocean roar can put me right to sleep.....

Posted · Report post

the woods. 

Oh yea?why is that? c5ed8a8b8d6da7da34bdafceae639ac8.jpg

Posted · Report post

the woods. 

Oh yea?why is that?

I dont know. Ever been out in the woods, away from anything manmade, for any length of time? it has its own sense of sounds, and has a sense of peacefulness about it.

Posted · Report post

the woods. 

Oh yea?why is that?

I dont know. Ever been out in the woods, away from anything manmade, for any length of time? it has its own sense of sounds, and has a sense of peacefulness about it.

Yea,my house.....I live in the woods   :mgcheerful:

Posted · Report post

A gurgling brook in the quiet of the mountains.

Western Meadowlarks announcing spring.

Crickets--as long as they are outside.

The song of the Swainson's Thrush.

Posted · Report post

the woods. 

Oh yea?why is that?

the woods. 

Oh yea?why is that?

nice, and im not dissing it, but my favorite, is miles away from anything manmade-houses included. Hearing the birds, the wind through the trees, the squirrels climbing them, it just makes me feel surreal. I will often hike for miles, just for the peacefulness.

Posted · Report post

the woods. 

Oh yea?why is that?

the woods. 

Oh yea?why is that?

nice, and im not dissing it, but my favorite, is miles away from anything manmade-houses included. Hearing the birds, the wind through the trees, the squirrels climbing them, it just makes me feel surreal. I will often hike for miles, just for the peacefulness.

Yea,it is nice  :mgcheerful:  Very,very peaceful.It is so quiet that it might not be for everyone.I choose not to go out after dark.Have alot of things hanging around.I like my screened in back porch.It keeps me safe.But one would never ever want to leave food on that porch. :unsure:

ebb58abc558f12527a3d05dad908e573.jpg

Posted · Report post

I enjoy being out at night as well. Hearing the coyotes and wolves howl, that adds even more beauty to it. The forest at night, is completly different then day-and I do often camp alone (and with people) I also enjoy campfires.

though I do understand it being a bit freaky to. I also find it a bit freaky, which is why Im never truly alone-I normally have my dog and my .45 with me lol. (its actually common sense, we have both bears and cougars where Im at)

Posted · Report post

I enjoy being out at night as well. Hearing the coyotes and wolves howl, that adds even more beauty to it. The forest at night, is completly different then day-and I do often camp alone (and with people) I also enjoy campfires.

though I do understand it being a bit freaky to. I also find it a bit freaky, which is why Im never truly alone-I normally have my dog and my .45 with me lol. (its actually common sense, we have both bears and cougars where Im at)

Yes,sometimes the coyotes make a lot of noise yipping at night.They sometimes wake me up.Actually they usually sound like their are more than their are.We have a river that runs in the back of the property so the sound of that is relaxing.I like the sound of the crickets and the bull frogs.I have a resident owl and it hoots at night too.It flies by me sometimes when I am traveling through the woods at night.It is very pretty.Sadly enough though I am justing renting.I do not have enough money to buy a house.I pray to God that the owners do not want it back soon.If my son were not with me and I was alone I do not think I would want to be this remote for safety reasons.My son is pretty big he could hand anyone. :grin:

Posted · Report post

lol I do own my own home, but its not in the woods. I would love to be able to afford to live in the woods-I actually feel safer in the woods, then I do in town. I trust nature, far more then my fellow man.

Posted · Report post

lol I do own my own home, but its not in the woods. I would love to be able to afford to live in the woods-I actually feel safer in the woods, then I do in town. I trust nature, far more then my fellow man.

I was a little nervous several years back when we moved here.I thought it might not be as safe because it was so remote but it has turned out to be very safe.And a couple of times someone has shown up at our door.OH BOY!!!! I tell them are you ever lost   :grin:

Posted · Report post

Blessings Everyone,

The quietness of the thick of the woods when on horseback,where I can hear the sound of birds singing,the wind blowing gently through the trees,the rustling of creatures in the bushes,the sound of the horses hooves pounding the earth,their breathing,the jingling of the bridle & the unique sound I can hear made by the leather saddle creaking..........I love it

With love,in Christ -Kwik

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0