christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pop Ups And Ads

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,674 posts

I was just noticing that I have had trouble with the quote feature, and I am also finding links in select words in the threads, even when the words have absolutely nothing to do with the product or service.  I am also having pop ups appear.  Is this due to a change at WB, or is it something going on with my p.c.?  Has anyone else noticed that problem? 

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,472 posts

Worthy does not have pop up ads. That part may be your pc.

Some folks copy paste stuff directly onto worthy in their posts which then ends up containing the links they copied. That could be fixed if everyone first pasted into their notepads, and then copied that and pasted it onto worthy. It also eliminates any funky background color or font. That part is not your pc,

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,584 posts

www.avast.com

www.malwarebytes.org

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,674 posts

Thanks.  I don't usually use this p.c. to surf the web, so I thought it might be something with the computer.  It is kind of annoying, so I guess I will see if it is something in the configuration or malware? 

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,584 posts
Malware most likely

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,369 posts

You would be surprised what can happen when you cut and paste. And if like some people do, you change the text to automatic black and hide the words that are links it can cause problems.

There are many ways to hide things.

For instance, hold you mouse cursor down and highlight the blank space below this sentence.

BOO!

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network