christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thoughts On Ed And Lorraine Warren?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,672 posts

I just got through watching "The Conjuring" for the second time a few days ago.  It is based on a true story and one of many investigations by Ed and Lorraine Warren.  Until this movie came out, I had never heard of either of them.  I started looking for information on them through the search engine and discovered their personal web-site, with information about their many years battling demonic activity.  I was just wanting the opinion of others on this couple.  They seem very sincere, and like they are trying to prove the existence of God by using the evidence that they have compiled showing demons are real and God's power is superior to them.  At the same time, they are Catholic, so you see the influence of Catholicism in their work, like using holy water.  Ed passed away a few years ago, but I was just wondering what others thought about their investigations and their claims?  For those who saw the movie, what are your thoughts on it?

OldSchool2

OldSchool2

• Worthy Writers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

I just got through watching "The Conjuring" for the second time a few days ago.  It is based on a true story and one of many investigations by Ed and Lorraine Warren.  Until this movie came out, I had never heard of either of them.  I started looking for information on them through the search engine and discovered their personal web-site, with information about their many years battling demonic activity.  I was just wanting the opinion of others on this couple.  They seem very sincere, and like they are trying to prove the existence of God by using the evidence that they have compiled showing demons are real and God's power is superior to them.  At the same time, they are Catholic, so you see the influence of Catholicism in their work, like using holy water.  Ed passed away a few years ago, but I was just wondering what others thought about their investigations and their claims?  ...

The New England Skeptical society interviewed the couple some years ago; although it found them both likable and sincere it deconstructed Ed's understanding of "ectoplasm" and similar supernatural explanations for otherwise explainable natural phenomena.

The Warrens supposedly kept a museum where they would house allegedly haunted items for safe keeping; I believe this inspired an old TV series titled "Friday the 13th" that had no connection to the slasher movies by the same name.

The family "business" was recently taken over by another Warren relative who had a show on the Sci Fi channel called "Haunted Collector": it was similar to many other ghost hunter spin offs, but frankly I just can't believe anything credible comes out of something called a "ghost box".

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,672 posts

In the movie "The Conjuring," the Warrens are showing a man their collection of haunted items they had collected during investigations.  They had all those items in their basement.  In the movie, they said the objects were being used by demons to make the people think the object itself was cursed or possessed, but the real intent of the demons was to possess a person, not a thing.  In a video I saw on YouTube, the Warrens were speaking about investigating the famous "Amityville Horror" house. 

OldSchool2

OldSchool2

• Worthy Writers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

In the movie "The Conjuring," the Warrens are showing a man their collection of haunted items they had collected during investigations.  They had all those items in their basement.  In the movie, they said the objects were being used by demons to make the people think the object itself was cursed or possessed, but the real intent of the demons was to possess a person, not a thing ...

Interesting that the purported purpose of "Haunted Collector" was to remove those cursed items from haunted homes and businesses and return them to normalcy; the show would often end with a shot of the item(s) being placed under a glass cover in a haunted museum.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,579 posts

I dont put much weight in any of these "shows" made by so called ghost hunters. Most of it, is probably faked in my opinion just to get attention.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network