christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Are we too disconnected from nature?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

DeaneRenata

DeaneRenata

• PipPip
  • 141 posts

Is today's society too dis-connected from the great outdoors?

I fear we live in an age where social media and video games are becoming more and more popular, people are on their computers more, and its getting us away from reality.

We should all have a revival where we leave our computers and technologies behind for a day or two and just savor being outside.

What do you think the world would be like if there was no technology on it?

Edited by DeaneRenata, 20 January 2014 - 07:18 PM.

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

I fear we live in an age where social media and video games are becoming more and more popular, people are on their computers more, and its getting us away from reality.

We should all have a revival where we leave our computers and technologies behind for a day or two and just savor being outside.

I believe we are. We go from cage to cage, home to car, car to work, work to car, car to home. That's why they're adding more vitamin d in our butter.

alien224

alien224

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Sounds good. But how would some folks make it

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

think your to disconected from nature? come hunting with me sometime. :D

DeaneRenata

DeaneRenata

• PipPip
  • 141 posts

think your to disconnected from nature? come hunting with me sometime. :D

My dad is an experienced hunter (http://wildlife.stat...erOutreach.aspx): He owns hunting guns. He goes every winter and fall to hunt Elk (https://www.google.c...iw=1688&bih=828) in the Cascade Mountains here in Washington State.

He has been hunting since before I was born, and I'm 26 right now, so he's been hunting for more than 26 years.

The other members of my family, Christina and my mom, go to shooting ranges now because they are learning how to use and fire their guns. They are still novices. But I don't think they are really experienced yet to learn how to use them expertly.

o.o

So let's leave the hunting to my dad. For now.

Edited by DeaneRenata, 20 January 2014 - 10:36 PM.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

nonsense. no time like the present to start hunting. I went on my first hunt when I was 24. many out here start as young as 12 and 13

Melyn

Melyn
  • Members
  • 7 posts

I will love to live in nature. But in this country I live in is hard to find a decent beautiful nature.

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts

Yes

Definitely yes!

I love camping, myself.

Like the days of cave men.

Better take up Patriot's offer to go hunting, because you will need to provide yourself with your own food.

(But isn't the rifle used "technology" as well?)

OK, the problem isn't technology, but our being out-of-balance, actually.

When I was a child, we went outside to play - and we loved it!

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,628 posts

Yes we are, big time.

WebFisher

WebFisher
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Don't like hunting or camping? Try Scuba!! My wife and I LOVE it! 

Here is a link to a pic of my wife and I at about 35 ft.

https://plus.google....741242546602475

(Can't embed the pic here for some reason)

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,511 posts

Some of us may be too far away from Nature, but not nearly all.  I think it would depend on where you live.  Personally I would not like to return totally back to nature......  I like my milk coming from a carton and I don't think I'd like to go hunting every day for food.

Delicate balance is what we strive for at our house.   We just spent two weeks onboard the Star Princes where the internet costs about a dollar a minute to use....   I found that I did not have withdrawal symptoms from the lack of use...   seeing the Naturel sights of Hawaii was much more interesting than the internet or playing with the computer.....   However it's nice that I can use the technology to share some of what we saw.

IMG_5424ed_zpsc4d86847.jpg
IMG_5679ed_zpsc7d0ec25.jpg

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network