Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

a big hi from the great white north (Canada)

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hey WCF, I just saw this site on the internet and seems interested in it, so I became a member.  So Im a newbie,  Im from Canada and would love to be a part of this community.  Not only that, I would love to learn more about Jesus and the christian Faith.

Just wanted to say hi and hope I can be welcome and be part of this community.

God bless you all,

Paul

Posted · Report post

Hi! I am fogged in with an inversion in the NW corner of the USA. Snow would at least be brighter at this point. Welcome to our forum.

I do pray that the you will come to know the God of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as your best friend and loving Father.

We learn about His character in the Bible, especially the New Testament. Jesus came to reveal our Father God to us by exemplifying Him as recorded in the Gospels, the first 4 books of the New Testament. The beliefs of the Christian faith are found in the rest of the New Testament, since the church was not founded until after Jesus died on the cross, taking upon Himself the sins of the world by suffering and dying in our place.. After He arose from the dead and ascended into heaven, God the Holy Spirit was sent to live in Christians. This occurred in the book of Acts (right after the Gospels) and was the birth of the church. So I suggest you start by reading the 4 Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

We understand the Bible by first praying and asking God to forgive us of our sins and imperfections, and to send His Holy Spirit to us to help us understand His Words and to conform us to be more like Jesus, the only perfect man. Jesus lived in heaven with Father God from before creation and was known then as The Word and I AM. The Word, the Father and the Holy Spirit are one God and all took part in creating all things. The Word/Jesus left heaven to be born in the form of man to reveal our loving merciful Father God to us, and to die for us so that we can be forgiven. He is the Jewish Messiah.

That being said, Jesus was of the Jewish faith so the foundation and history behind the church is the Old Testament of the Bible starting in Genesis.

I hope this helps.

Blessings,

Willa

Posted · Report post

Welcome to Worthy

Posted · Report post

Welcome Paul, God bless you :)

Posted · Report post

Welcome Paul!

Posted · Report post

Blessings WrldTraveller,

God bless you & welcome to Worthy........Praise the Lord!He has lead you to the right place to learn ABOUT Jesus ....I hope we encourage you to want to KNOW Jesus ...........The best place to start is with the Word of God"The Bible"& at the foot of the cross.....Jesus loves you & so do we.glad you are here!

With love in Christ-Kwik

Posted · Report post

Welcome~!

Posted · Report post

Welcome to the family from Canada bro. This is a very great ministry and you are much welcome here with love.

Posted · Report post

Welcome fellow Canuck and yes I love the marshmallow effect we are experiencing - always have and always will - better than the hot humidity of summer!!

Posted · Report post

welcome to worthy

Posted · Report post

Hi and welcome to worthy.

Posted · Report post

Hey WCF, I just saw this site on the internet and seems interested in it, so I became a member.  So Im a newbie,  Im from Canada and would love to be a part of this community.  Not only that, I would love to learn more about Jesus and the christian Faith.

Just wanted to say hi and hope I can be welcome and be part of this community.

God bless you all,

Paul

Love your country. I'm from buffalo, ny so I've visited often. Also love your name. Enjoy the site.

Posted · Report post

And a  big hi back from sunny warm California, at least it's warm for the next few days!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hello and God bless you

Edited by mafo

Posted · Report post

A Worthy welcome to you!

Peace to you and God bless you much,

PrairWarur

Posted · Report post

Hello Paul and welcome to Worthy. This is the best Christian site that I have been on since I started using the internet about fifteen years ago. I believe that you will like it here. I like it that there are members from all over the world. I am from the state of Georgia which has been having unusually frigid temperatures in the last few weeks.