christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

John Hagee On The Glen Beck Show

* * * * * 1 votes 4 Blood Moons

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,355 posts

I was listening to the Glen Beck radio show the other day, and he had John Hagee as a guest.  John Hagee has a new book out "4 Blood Moons," and he went on to discuss how there will be 4 such events in the next 2 years, the first being on April 15 of this year, and the last one being on September 28 of 2015.  He said that whenever this has occurred in the past, it coincided with a major even effecting the Jewish people.  His belief is that this will likely signify Iran getting the nuke, and Israel attacking them.  He believes this will lead to Russia moving against Israel to defend it's ally.  Has anyone else ever heard of the connection between blood moons and the Jewish people, and do you find these claims to be credible? 

Just looking at world events, I can see how this could occur, but that doesn't mean it will.  I can't imagine Obama defending Israel against an attempted Russian invasion, and I am not sure what would happen if we did fight along side of Israel?  If it were up to me, I would defend Israel regardless of the consequences, but I am not so sure with this administration.  Of course, I know God would defend his people, even if nobody else comes to their assistance. 

Anyway, this is all just speculation for now.  I will be keeping an eye on world events to see if any of this bears out, but I am curious how others at WB feel about this kind of speculation on the part of evangelical ministers.  I am also interested in anyone's knowledge about the historical significance of four consecutive blood moons and it's tie to Israel?

Spock

Spock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

I was listening to the Glen Beck radio show the other day, and he had John Hagee as a guest. John Hagee has a new book out "4 Blood Moons," and he went on to discuss how there will be 4 such events in the next 2 years, the first being on April 15 of this year, and the last one being on September 28 of 2015. He said that whenever this has occurred in the past, it coincided with a major even effecting the Jewish people. His belief is that this will likely signify Iran getting the nuke, and Israel attacking them. He believes this will lead to Russia moving against Israel to defend it's ally. Has anyone else ever heard of the connection between blood moons and the Jewish people, and do you find these claims to be credible?

Just looking at world events, I can see how this could occur, but that doesn't mean it will. I can't imagine Obama defending Israel against an attempted Russian invasion, and I am not sure what would happen if we did fight along side of Israel? If it were up to me, I would defend Israel regardless of the consequences, but I am not so sure with this administration. Of course, I know God would defend his people, even if nobody else comes to their assistance.

Anyway, this is all just speculation for now. I will be keeping an eye on world events to see if any of this bears out, but I am curious how others at WB feel about this kind of speculation on the part of evangelical ministers. I am also interested in anyone's knowledge about the historical significance of four consecutive blood moons and it's tie to Israel?

Wow, you have a lot to swallow here so let me try:

You said God will defend his people. Based on your context, I guess you mean Israel, right?

Just a few thoughts if I may- I believe scriptures seem to indicate in Zechariah that two-thirds of all the Jews in Israel will be killed during the great trib. And of course, there didn't seem to be a lot of protection during the Holocaust.

In light of this, why would you say God will defend them when it looks like he allowed in ww2 and will allow in the great trib a lot of Jews to be killed? I'm not trying to be difficult here, I really would like to see a perspective that perhaps I'm missing.

As for the blood moons, I haven't done the research, so I cannot make any definitive statement about that. I would have to see the historical data that supports that first.

Lastly, I've always thought Russia at some point will come down to bully Israel and God himself will save them and wipe Russia out in a miraculous way. I get this from Ezekiel 38-39. I wonder if I'm misapplying those chapters. I definitely don't think USA will stand by Israel. Oil may be more important than friendship.

Again, please don't take my initial questions wrong. I really would like feedback, especially if you think my thinking is misguided.

Thanks,
Spock out

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,974 posts

I posted a multi-hour video in the video forum where Hagee is giving the details of this

http://www.worthychr...-4-blood-moons/

rollinTHUNDER

rollinTHUNDER

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

I was listening to the Glen Beck radio show the other day, and he had John Hagee as a guest.  John Hagee has a new book out "4 Blood Moons," and he went on to discuss how there will be 4 such events in the next 2 years, the first being on April 15 of this year, and the last one being on September 28 of 2015.  He said that whenever this has occurred in the past, it coincided with a major even effecting the Jewish people.  His belief is that this will likely signify Iran getting the nuke, and Israel attacking them.  He believes this will lead to Russia moving against Israel to defend it's ally.  Has anyone else ever heard of the connection between blood moons and the Jewish people, and do you find these claims to be credible?

Signs in the heavens are so fascinating. I believe we are moving rapidly towards the end of the age or what's known as Daniel's 70th week (final 7 yrs.). If so, we will be seeing many great signs in the heavens.  However, I don't follow Hagee's version far enough to finish the first segment.  Too much emphasis on the pre-trib rapture.  He also dated Matt. 24:29 as Nisan 1, assuming it's the second coming.  If that's the second coming, then why does he place it in the middle of the blood moons?

I do agree that the blood moons have a history of affecting Israel.  The last series brought the six day war and the recapturing of Jerusalem.  I differ with Him as far as involving Iran at this time, for that will be the second war.  I believe we will see the Psalm 83 war first, the total destruction of Damascus, which would be a great time for a peace settlement to be confirmed.  This war could be very close and happen at any time, which is the same thing he says about the rapture.

By the way, there was another great sign in the heavens last July, but very little was said about it.  I'll post it in the video thread that other one started.  It's about the re-appearance of the star of David, with a different take on the blood moons.

Cheers

rollinTHUNDER

rollinTHUNDER

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

You can no longer post in that thread, so I'll start a new one, so be patient.

Cheers

1x1is1

1x1is1

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

I have never heard to this blood moon concept before just now.  I will be back in here daily to see what transpires.  Always seeking sound wisdom.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,355 posts

I posted a multi-hour video in the video forum where Hagee is giving the details of this

http://www.worthychr...-4-blood-moons/

Thanks Other One.  I will have to check that out. 

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,355 posts

I was listening to the Glen Beck radio show the other day, and he had John Hagee as a guest. John Hagee has a new book out "4 Blood Moons," and he went on to discuss how there will be 4 such events in the next 2 years, the first being on April 15 of this year, and the last one being on September 28 of 2015. He said that whenever this has occurred in the past, it coincided with a major even effecting the Jewish people. His belief is that this will likely signify Iran getting the nuke, and Israel attacking them. He believes this will lead to Russia moving against Israel to defend it's ally. Has anyone else ever heard of the connection between blood moons and the Jewish people, and do you find these claims to be credible?

Just looking at world events, I can see how this could occur, but that doesn't mean it will. I can't imagine Obama defending Israel against an attempted Russian invasion, and I am not sure what would happen if we did fight along side of Israel? If it were up to me, I would defend Israel regardless of the consequences, but I am not so sure with this administration. Of course, I know God would defend his people, even if nobody else comes to their assistance.

Anyway, this is all just speculation for now. I will be keeping an eye on world events to see if any of this bears out, but I am curious how others at WB feel about this kind of speculation on the part of evangelical ministers. I am also interested in anyone's knowledge about the historical significance of four consecutive blood moons and it's tie to Israel?

You said God will defend his people. Based on your context, I guess you mean Israel, right?

Just a few thoughts if I may- I believe scriptures seem to indicate in Zechariah that two-thirds of all the Jews in Israel will be killed during the great trib. And of course, there didn't seem to be a lot of protection during the Holocaust.

In light of this, why would you say God will defend them when it looks like he allowed in ww2 and will allow in the great trib a lot of Jews to be killed? I'm not trying to be difficult here, I really would like to see a perspective that perhaps I'm missing.

As for the blood moons, I haven't done the research, so I cannot make any definitive statement about that. I would have to see the historical data that supports that first.

Lastly, I've always thought Russia at some point will come down to bully Israel and God himself will save them and wipe Russia out in a miraculous way. I get this from Ezekiel 38-39. I wonder if I'm misapplying those chapters. I definitely don't think USA will stand by Israel. Oil may be more important than friendship.

Again, please don't take my initial questions wrong. I really would like feedback, especially if you think my thinking is misguided.

Thanks,
Spock out

When I say defend them, I mean that based on Bible prophecy, God won't allow the nation of Israel to be destroyed.  I have always felt like God used the circumstance in WW2 to bring about the restoration of Israel.  I am not sure that 2/3 of the people of Israel will be killed during the tribulation.  I have always taken it that 2/3 of the overall inhabitants of the earth will be killed.  To me, Israel will be the safest place to be during that time.  Of course, when it comes down to interpretation of prophecy, only God knows for sure.  It is not like it is spelled out so clear we are unable to make mistakes. 

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,355 posts

Signs in the heavens are so fascinating. I believe we are moving rapidly towards the end of the age or what's known as Daniel's 70th week (final 7 yrs.). If so, we will be seeing many great signs in the heavens.  However, I don't follow Hagee's version far enough to finish the first segment.  Too much emphasis on the pre-trib rapture.  He also dated Matt. 24:29 as Nisan 1, assuming it's the second coming.  If that's the second coming, then why does he place it in the middle of the blood moons?

I do agree that the blood moons have a history of affecting Israel.  The last series brought the six day war and the recapturing of Jerusalem.  I differ with Him as far as involving Iran at this time, for that will be the second war.  I believe we will see the Psalm 83 war first, the total destruction of Damascus, which would be a great time for a peace settlement to be confirmed.  This war could be very close and happen at any time, which is the same thing he says about the rapture.

By the way, there was another great sign in the heavens last July, but very little was said about it.  I'll post it in the video thread that other one started.  It's about the re-appearance of the star of David, with a different take on the blood moons.

Cheers

That's the first I have heard about the star of David making a re-appearance.  Thanks for your input. 

Spock

Spock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Thanks,
Spock out
When I say defend them, I mean that based on Bible prophecy, God won't allow the nation of Israel to be destroyed.  I have always felt like God used the circumstance in WW2 to bring about the restoration of Israel.  I am not sure that 2/3 of the people of Israel will be killed during the tribulation.  I have always taken it that 2/3 of the overall inhabitants of the earth will be killed.  To me, Israel will be the safest place to be during that time.  Of course, when it comes down to interpretation of prophecy, only God knows for sure.  It is not like it is spelled out so clear we are unable to make mistakes.

FYI, I believe Israel will be the most unsafe place to be in the GT. Jesus told them even to flee to the mountains of Petra in Jordan I believe.

Here is the two thirds passage if interested:

7“Awake, sword, against my shepherd,
against the man who is close to me!”
declares the Lord Almighty.
“Strike the shepherd,
and the sheep will be scattered,
and I will turn my hand against the little ones.
8In the whole land,” declares the Lord,
“two-thirds will be struck down and perish;
yet one-third will be left in it.
9This third I will put into the fire;
I will refine them like silver
and test them like gold.
They will call on my name
and I will answer them;
I will say, ‘They are my people,’
and they will say, ‘The Lord is our God.’ ”

Again, sorry to get off task on your thread. I won't post again on this.

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Thanks,
Spock out

FYI, I believe Israel will be the most unsafe place to be in the GT. Jesus told them even to flee to the mountains of Petra in Jordan I believe.

“Strike the shepherd,
and test them like gold.
and I will answer them;

Can you give us the book and chapter? :)

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,542 posts
 I definitely don't think USA will stand by Israel. Oil may be more important than friendship.

We don't buy oil from Iran and haven't for 34 years.  The U.S. now produces 70% of our own energy (gas, oil) so your statement doesn't stand up as fact.  Why do you think the U.S. would not stand by Israel.....against Iran?  Or do you mean against anyone?

rollinTHUNDER

rollinTHUNDER

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

I definitely don't think USA will stand by Israel. Oil may be more important than friendship.

Why do you think the U.S. would not stand by Israel.....against Iran?[/b]

MG,

I can name that tune in one note!
Obama. :lightbulb2:

As long as he is the Commander-in-Chief, I wouldn't trust this impostor as far as I could throw him.
I can just hear him now, "If you want peace, you can have your peace, period." :biggrin2:

But the USA has been a thorn in Israel's side ever since we got involved in the peace process.  And Secretary Kerry is over there now trying to force Israel to give up the land she gained after the six day war in 1967.  
The left hand does not have a clue what the right hand has been doing.  God said that He would make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people, and everyone that burdens themselves trying to remove this rock will be cut to pieces (Zech. 12:2-3).  And He will judge the nations for scattering His people and dividing up His land (Joel 3:2). 

So it should go without saying, that any president that gets involved in this land-for-peace deal is playing with fire.  But we have the blind leading the blind, and that's the way it's been ever since Bush Sr. 
We would be doing very well to back our only ally in the Middle East unconditionally.  That's what a true friend would do and that's what our president's did for the first 35 or 40 years of Israel becoming a nation again.

Cheers

Spock

Spock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Thanks,
Spock out

“Strike the shepherd,
and test them like gold.
and I will answer them;

Can you give us the book and chapter? :)

This passage is from Zechariah 13

Spock

Spock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

We don't buy oil from Iran and haven't for 34 years. The U.S. now produces 70% of our own energy (gas, oil) so your statement doesn't stand up as fact. Why do you think the U.S. would not stand by Israel.....against Iran? Or do you mean against anyone?
I meant Mid East countries in particular. They are all Muslim, so it seems to me USA may be more willing to abandon its friendship with Israel in order to placate the Muslim oil producing nations. We do get oil from there, yes? The sauds may not always be our friend.

Side note: we produce about 40% of what we consume. Although we buy mostly from Canada, we still buy about 20% from Mid East countries. So it still seems like we rely on other countries to "feed us."

Lastly, I agree with thunder- this administration is not Israel friendly.

rollinTHUNDER

rollinTHUNDER

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Lastly, I agree with thunder- this administration is not Israel friendly.

Yup, this administration is by far the worst I've seen in my lifetime.

But actually, I think all of the presidents since Reagan have been puppets, both Republicans and Democrats alike. :hmmm: 

Cheers

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,542 posts

Not sure why John Hagee would be on Beck's show.  I really love to hear Hagee preach.  I don't see him having anything in common with a Mormon. 

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,355 posts

Glen Beck invited John Hagee on his show to discuss an organization they both support that helps Jewish people return home to Israel.  He took the occasion to discuss his book. 

That passage that was provided by Spock may not have anything to do with the great tribulation.  Jesus referred to that comment about the sheep being scattered in reference to everyone abandoning him at the time of the crucifixion, and there was a great persecution against all Israel after his death and resurrection.  I am not sure what that passage is referring to. 

Qnts2

Qnts2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Glen Beck invited John Hagee on his show to discuss an organization they both support that helps Jewish people return home to Israel.  He took the occasion to discuss his book. 

Had to comment. I would never support that organization. Big problem as far as I am concerned. 

Glenn Beck is probably not a Christian, if he adheres to the Mormon doctrine.

John Hagee believes Israel already has a covenant, so, it is a waste of time and money to share the gospel with the Jewish people. He is interested in end times, so would support the return of Jewish people to Israel, but CUFI works to send money to Israel and to keep the gospel from being shared with the Jewish people.  The International Fellowship of Christians and Jews, has On Wings of Eagles, which helps Jewish people return to Israel, but also funds groups which do humanitarian work in Israel as well as try to keep Jewish people from hearing about Jesus or accepting Jesus.

I like Christians assisting Israel, but not thru organizations which work to keep Jewish people from hearing the news of Jesus.     

rollinTHUNDER

rollinTHUNDER

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

You can no longer post in that thread, so I'll start a new one, so be patient.

Cheers

Still waiting for approval on this video. I think I titled it, "Signs in the heavens."

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network