christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Time is Running Out

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

MrGroceries

MrGroceries
  • Members
  • 14 posts
Little lambs, why do you keep your God at arm’s length?  What are you afraid of? Are you so sure that if I take your life today you would be acceptable in My eyes? You would do well to ponder this.  Children, I want you to store up heavenly treasures. I need your cooperation to help me save the lost lambs. Don’t you want to help me? Do you think you love as I do?  Then show me.  How?  Cooperate.  Stop pretending you don’t hear me – stop making excuses.  Where are your priorities? How do you spend your time? What does this tell you?  Be honest with yourselves. Time is running out. Use it wisely. 

MrGroceries

MrGroceries
  • Members
  • 14 posts

I post some things that are "controversial" shall we say - they are not meant to be taken personally by anyone - and hopefully a few will be moved by the Holy Spirit to reflect on one thing or another. We all have room to grow - and it's not easy as I am sure you know.

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Hello MrG

Do you feel living a monastic life, being isolated from family and friends has brought you closer to God?

I certainly understand the need for quiet time for mediation and reflection but how do you then demonstrate the life portrayed in the gospel?

Certainly we have moved past the point of trying to please God by self deprivation, obedience being better than sacrifice.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,048 posts

How do you spend your time?

~

And Then

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

The Master Speaks

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:3-4

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Little lambs, why do you keep your God at arm’s length?  What are you afraid of? Are you so sure that if I take your life today you would be acceptable in My eyes? You would do well to ponder this.  Children, I want you to store up heavenly treasures. I need your cooperation to help me save the lost lambs. Don’t you want to help me? Do you think you love as I do?  Then show me.  How?  Cooperate.  Stop pretending you don’t hear me – stop making excuses.  Where are your priorities? How do you spend your time? What does this tell you?  Be honest with yourselves. Time is running out. Use it wisely. 

Nice statement  :mgcheerful:

MrGroceries

MrGroceries
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Hello MrG

Do you feel living a monastic life, being isolated from family and friends has brought you closer to God?

I certainly understand the need for quiet time for mediation and reflection but how do you then demonstrate the life portrayed in the gospel?

Certainly we have moved past the point of trying to please God by self deprivation, obedience being better than sacrifice.

Without a doubt - putting aside human relationships and the world allows me to focus entirely on God - it's much easier to listen for and hear His will for me and carry it out.

My life consists of two elements (other than doing the obvious, such as keeping a clean and orderly residence, cooking etc.) 

Work - I work on the internet throughout the day and evening; making posts and answering questions. My postings are of 2 types - helping others reflect and meditate on the need for spiritual growth in their lives and the other is to help prepare them for the second coming of Jesus (which I believe will happen within 10 years).

Our Lord has given me more than 4,300 followers on G+ (Google Plus), more than 3,000 on Linkedin - I post in 8 Christian/Catholic forums and on several other smaller sites. I, on average, make 5 to 7 posts per day on G+ and Linkedin. I read prophetic messages each day and meditate on them and sometimes incorporate their ideas and warnings into my posts. The post above is a good example of this.

Prayer - when I am not working on the internet I speak with God, listen to Him, and meditate on many different things; such as my relationship with Him, my frustration over not reaching more people, my being rejected by some and how sad that is - drawing parallels between my hopes and disappointments with Jesus' life and many, many other things - I could meditate on reality and talk to God for eternity.

Yes, it's a difficult life to lead, my humanity yearns for human love and companionship but God has called me to give this up for a much greater good to serve Him and my brothers and sisters. I am happy, content, and at peace with my life, as difficult as it is I would want it no other way. 

O Good Jesus, shelter me from the evil one, shed Thy dew upon me to calm my soul, and dwell in me fully, that I may wholly love Thee. Amen

MrGroceries

MrGroceries
  • Members
  • 14 posts

My answer to you is above

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,193 posts

What do you think of the Great Commission, the instruction, 

Mat 28:18  And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 
Mat 28:19  Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 
Mat 28:20  teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." 

MrGroceries

MrGroceries
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Nice statement  :mgcheerful:

I am just glad you have understood it the way it was meant !!! - others on different sites had a lot of trouble with it

MrGroceries

MrGroceries
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Mat 28:18  And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 
Mat 28:19  Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 
Mat 28:20  teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." 

why don't you read what I answered above and then If you have any questions or comments I will address them.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,193 posts

why don't you read what I answered above and then If you have any questions or comments I will address them.

I have and my question remains the same?

I am trying to understand how we "Go therefore" from behind a locked door?

I am not knocking your isolated lifestyle, just trying to understand it from a scriptural viewpoint. In another post you talk about claiming back freedom (or words to that effect), but again i ask, how so from behind a locked door?

If the entire church did this where would the church be?

MrGroceries

MrGroceries
  • Members
  • 14 posts

I have and my question remains the same?

I am trying to understand how we "Go therefore" from behind a locked door?

I am not knocking your isolated lifestyle, just trying to understand it from a scriptural viewpoint. In another post you talk about claiming back freedom (or words to that effect), but again i ask, how so from behind a locked door?

If the entire church did this where would the church be?

This is internet evangelization that I do - I should also say that I have severe osteoarthritis in both my hips and can't walk very much - there are many different jobs in the Vineyard - you can reach a lot more people on the internet than in person so I see the job God gave me as very important - and I might add that many of the posts God has me make are reshared with others and on other sites - so we form a chain - it's a beautiful thing !!!

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,048 posts

My answer to you is above

~

Beloved I Think You Missed The Holy Scriptures

The Bible Is The Highest Thing I Post On Worthy Of Consideration

And It's A Common Thing On Worthy For God Haters To (Try To) Rub Them Out

But Dear Brother, Why You?

~

And Then

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

The Master Speaks

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:3-4

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,048 posts
This is internet evangelize that I do.... there are many different jobs in the Vineyard - you can reach a lot more people on the internet than in person so I see the job God gave me as very important - and I might add that many of the posts God has me make are re-shared with others and on other sites - so we form a chain - it's a beautiful thing !!!

Amen~!

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 2 Corinthians 5:20

~

Always

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Point To

These things I command you, that ye love one another. If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. John 15:17-19

Christ

Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin. He that hateth me hateth my Father also. John 15:20-23

~

....I should also say that I have severe osteoarthritis in both my hips and can't walk very much....

Praying~!

justHOPE

justHOPE
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Hello MrG

Without a doubt - putting aside human relationships and the world allows me to focus entirely on God - it's much easier to listen for and hear His will for me and carry it out.

My life consists of two elements (other than doing the obvious, such as keeping a clean and orderly residence, cooking etc.)

Work - I work on the internet throughout the day and evening; making posts and answering questions. My postings are of 2 types - helping others reflect and meditate on the need for spiritual growth in their lives and the other is to help prepare them for the second coming of Jesus (which I believe will happen within 10 years).

Our Lord has given me more than 4,300 followers on G+ (Google Plus), more than 3,000 on Linkedin - I post in 8 Christian/Catholic forums and on several other smaller sites. I, on average, make 5 to 7 posts per day on G+ and Linkedin. I read prophetic messages each day and meditate on them and sometimes incorporate their ideas and warnings into my posts. The post above is a good example of this.

Prayer - when I am not working on the internet I speak with God, listen to Him, and meditate on many different things; such as my relationship with Him, my frustration over not reaching more people, my being rejected by some and how sad that is - drawing parallels between my hopes and disappointments with Jesus' life and many, many other things - I could meditate on reality and talk to God for eternity.

Yes, it's a difficult life to lead, my humanity yearns for human love and companionship but God has called me to give this up for a much greater good to serve Him and my brothers and sisters. I am happy, content, and at peace with my life, as difficult as it is I would want it no other way.

O Good Jesus, shelter me from the evil one, shed Thy dew upon me to calm my soul, and dwell in me fully, that I may wholly love Thee. Amen

Thats awesome ! Keep going hard.

One question tho.. Because Ive always wanted to do something like this. How would we make a living?

MrGroceries

MrGroceries
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Hello MrG

Thats awesome ! Keep going hard.

One question tho.. Because Ive always wanted to do something like this. How would we make a living?

I think God has already addressed any concerns you have - if this is what you want then pray for this vocation and trust Him to lead you to it.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Blessings MrGroceries

I think It is a lovely post that you have written & however you choose to spread the Gospel is a good thing as I completely understand this having my own inabilities to "go out" for a time.....but I only have one suggestion,don't you think this type of post would be of much better service posted in perhaps one of the Outer Court Forums where our Seekers & Non-Believers could participate......this is the Welcome Forum ?

Of course we can all appreciate a lovely post and it is merely a suggestion...God bless you & Glory to God!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

PrairWarur

PrairWarur

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

A Worthy welcome to you!

Peace to you and God bless you much!

Always in His care,

PrairWarur

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network