Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I am Charles

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I believe in and practice the Roman Catholic faith - I am almost 67 yrs old, retired, living in Chicago - I live a monastic life - I practice the presence of God (Brother Lawrence of the Resurrection)- I practice "Holy Silence" -  I listen always for His instruction - I have given up my family, friends, the world to serve God during all of my waking hours. I leave my apartment to buy food once a month, and sometimes a couple of more times for whatever reason. I spend $40/month on food - my income is $720/month - I send $300 - $325/month to support the Alliance Vision Education Center in Nairobi, Kenya to care for orphans who have lost their parents due to HIV/Aids. I have no "stuff" - I eat from one bowl - have one fork etc. - This should give you an idea of who I am.

Posted · Report post

Welcome Charles.

Posted · Report post

Welcome Charles, do join in with our fellowship :)

Posted · Report post

Welcome to Worthy Charles.

Posted · Report post

Welcome to Worthy, Charles.

Posted · Report post

God bless you Charles

I trust this is a significant point of contact and inspiration for you.

Posted · Report post

Welcome~!

:thumbsup:

Jesus

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalms 46:19

Said

And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. Mark 4:39

And All God's Children Say, Amen~!

And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. Ephesians 3:18 (NLT)

Posted · Report post

Welcome to Worthy Charles.  Just to let you know like I do all new comers. we have a great chat room where you can have fellowship with other believers in Jesus.  I am a mod in the chat room and think you will find  not only do we  love Jesus but have a lot of fun and make each other laugh.  Conversation  is always kept clean and honoring to the Lord.  I am sorry you have chosen to give up friends and family.  I have friends but would love to have family.  So Worthy has become my family and I thank God for each and everyone of them.  They loved me through a very rough  time when I  lost my husband six years ago.  I don't know what  I would have done without them.  They truly are by brothers and sisters in the Lord.

Again Charles welcome, we are glad to have you aboard.

Posted · Report post

Welcome to Worthy!

Posted · Report post

Welcome to the family! :D

Posted · Report post

Welcome, Charles!  It's great to have you join us.  :mgbowtie: 

Posted · Report post

Welcome Charles!Praying you will love Worry as much as I do!

Posted · Report post

Blessings Charles

Welcome to Worthy!I am happy and giving thanks to our Lord that He has lead you here to be with all of us.....as RustyAngel has said.& it is true..we are Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus united by our Faith and love for our Lord & Savior....glad you are here .I do not know why you have given up friends & family but if it is by Gods instruction then I hope we can be your new family,no one should be alone all the time........so here we are-Halleluliah!Glory to God!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Posted · Report post

hello Charles, welcome to worthy.

Posted · Report post

Welcome Charles

Posted · Report post

Welcome.God bless you