christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ken Ham and Hugh Ross YEC/OEC

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

Enoch2021

Enoch2021

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

YouTube Link removed

Very good Interview....But:   "Fossils on the MOON!!!!" :24:   Sorry, but this is what it comes too?? If you want to get there specifically it's @ 39:25

Also,  OEC NEEDS a Local Flood not a World Wide FLOOD....like the one GOD SAY'S in the Bible.

Enjoy

LookingForAnswers

LookingForAnswers

• Seeker
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

actually Hugh Ross argues for "worldwide" flood.  If you are going to make fun of someone, at least get your facts correct.

Hugh Ross - Bachelors of Science in Physics, Masters and PHD in Astrophysics.

Ken Ham   -  Bachelor of Applied Science

Not really a fair fight is it.

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,813 posts

actually Hugh Ross argues for "worldwide" flood.  If you are going to make fun of someone, at least get your facts correct.

Your response is a little deceptive, assuming you know what Ross means by "worldwide."   He defines "worldwide" in a geographically limited sense including only the areas of Mesopotamia and the Persian Gulf region and Arabia, but was not "worldwide" in the sense that it covered the whole of dry land.   The Bible makes it clear that the the flood covered the entire earth and killed every living thing not in the ark.

Enoch2021

Enoch2021

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Actually Hugh Ross argues for a "Worldwide Flood".....ie LOCAL FLOOD

Do I need to post the 100 interviews where he admits it??  Including this interview @ 46:00 mark !!!!!!........

"I believe the text teaches a Worldwide Flood not a Global Flood"----Hugh Ross (THIS INTERVIEW), sheesh

And I have all my facts straight.  Thanks

Can you show me in the WORD where you need a Degree in Higher Education to know TRUTH.

You're right, it really isn't fair.....with all those "Fossils on the Moon"  and such.  :24:

LookingForAnswers

LookingForAnswers

• Seeker
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

So, one has to wonder if Dr Ross is correct, what would that do to the YEC model?  Would that put an end to all YEC talk or would there be an explanation that fits the YEC model?

Enoch2021

Enoch2021

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

you are correct, merely disagreeing with someone is not being condescending.

This on the other hand is the text book example of being condescending...

I'll make an exception this one time and if you continue to make substantive replies to others, I will consider lifting my personal BAN and reply more readily to your posts.

I'm sorry you feel that way, and I disagree.  It speaks to the lack of your substantive replies and my subsequent reaction.  Nothing condescending in that.

Enoch2021

Enoch2021

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Ok now back to the OP....

Fossils on the Moon?....

and

a Local Flood....

(Genesis 6:7) "And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them."

(Genesis 6:13) "And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth."

(Genesis 6:17) "And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die."

If the flood wasn't the WHOLE EARTH then why did Noah have to take the animals on the Ark?  Wasn't there animals some place else?

Or why build the Ark....why not just tell Noah to move?

I'm all ears !!!!!

Moreover.....

(2 Peter 3:3-6) "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,  {4} And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.  {5} For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:  {6} Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:"

Uh OH

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,628 posts

You may not post YouTube links on the forums except on the video forum where they will be looked at for content first.

Any post with a YouTube link or video will be automatically deleted.

Enoch2021

Enoch2021

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

You may not post YouTube links on the forums except on the video forum where they will be looked at for content first.

Very Sorry, I did not know that.

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,813 posts

So, one has to wonder if Dr Ross is correct, what would that do to the YEC model?  Would that put an end to all YEC talk or would there be an explanation that fits the YEC model?

It's not Ross vs. YEC.  It's Ross vs. the Bible's clear and unambiguous claim that the flood covered every square inch of land on the earth.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,628 posts

Very Sorry, I did not know that.

No sweat. it's just that we have had experience of links on YouTube videos that lead "elsewhere" if you get what I mean.

LookingForAnswers

LookingForAnswers

• Seeker
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

It's not Ross vs. YEC.  It's Ross vs. the Bible's clear and unambiguous claim that the flood covered every square inch of land on the earth.

I am referring to the OP's mention of fossils on the moon, not the flood.

LookingForAnswers

LookingForAnswers

• Seeker
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

I am undecided right now on the full extent of the flood, I had always assumed it covered the whole globe, but the more one studies it the less clear that comes.

A short video from RTB....http://www.reasons.o...os/noah-s-flood

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,011 posts

:thumbsup:

Hugh Ross - Bachelors Of Science In Physics, Masters And PHD In Astrophysics

(Astrophysics - How Did The Universe Originate And Evolve

To Produce The Galaxies, Stars, And Planets

We See Today?)

And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 2 Timothy 4:4

Ken Ham   -  Bachelor Of Applied Science

And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. Revelation 12:10

Not Really A Fair Fight

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Is It

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,011 posts

I am undecided right now on the full extent of the flood, I had always assumed it covered the whole globe, but the more one studies it the less clear that comes.

A short video from RTB....http://www.reasons.o...os/noah-s-flood

~

A Short Message From The LORD

Through His Servant

Moses

And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters. And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered. Genesis 7:18-19

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,813 posts

The Bible is clear that only eight people survived the flood on earth and that all of the families of earth came from that one family of Noah.  The Bible clearly states that the only animals who survived were those on the ark. Were the flood only regional, human beings would simply have moved outside the locale of the flood. 

If  Bible is wrong about the food being global then why take two of EVERY kind of animal on the ark?  Animals would have simply fled the flood looking for dry land and higher ground. 

The Bible says that the flood covered the tops of the mountains.  For a flood of that magnitude to be regional or limited to a particular part of the earth would impose impossible hydraulic forces on water and give us a regional or local flood that would look rather egg-shaped if viewed from outside the alleged flood locale.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network