christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Peace doves released by pope attacked by predatory birds

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts

Angry birds attack peace doves released by Pope Francis

January 27, 2014 - 8:46AM

Two white doves that were released by children standing alongside Pope Francis as a peace gesture have been attacked by other birds.

As tens of thousands of people watched in St. Peter's Square on Sunday, a seagull and a large black crow swept down on the doves right after they were set free from an open window of the Apostolic Palace.

Read more

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Well,that is not a good thing.A premonition?

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,707 posts

hilarious, is what it is. to bad it wasnt a bald eagle lol.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Why is it hilarious?

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,707 posts

Why is it hilarious?

lol I see you don't have much appreciation for irony. We live in a world at war, always have. The catholic church, has even been at the heart of many of these wars. and they release "doves" as a sign of peace, only to have them taken down by warlike birds. its ironic. And I enjoy irony. 

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts

It's also ironic because so many in our society think that spreading good vibes of peace will make everything better, symbolized by the releasing of the doves. Reality however is that there are those who seek to destroy and no amount of good will can stop them.

WW 2 should have taught people that. But you know what they say about those that don't learn from history.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,806 posts

The pope recently called Islam a religion of peace. He launches his doves and they get savaged by the predators. That's appeasement for you.

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

mister-rogers-lets-be-together-today_l.j

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Why is it hilarious?

lol I see you don't have much appreciation for irony. We live in a world at war, always have. The catholic church, has even been at the heart of many of these wars. and they release "doves" as a sign of peace, only to have them taken down by warlike birds. its ironic. And I enjoy irony. 

I see your point.A little sarcasm in there....hey?

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

mister-rogers-lets-be-together-today_l.j

All right :thumbsup:  I liked Mr.Rogers.....

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Well,that is not a good thing.A premonition?

Seems like one, I'm sure many others are wondering the same...

WebFisher

WebFisher
  • Members
  • 57 posts

I'm with The Patriot! I think it's funny... What is surprising is that people forget how wild birds are... They know "eat, sleep, have kids, repeat". And people are shocked when a predatory bird attacks its natural prey? 

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts

Cute, DRS81. But Mr. Rogers teaching children how they should behave is a bit different that what is at play here.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,096 posts

Blessings Nebula

Gee,sis....that really is something else,I really believe(perhaps I should not even say it but I am going to go out on a limb here)I see this as if those doves were released by, hmmm......someone truly anointed by God,I do not believe would have been harmed in any way........IMHO...I think we ought to pray for the pope

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Qnts2

Qnts2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Matthew 10:16

Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,635 posts

They are birds, doing what birds do.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,529 posts

yeah, but a sea gull and a crow....     not exactly what I would think would be around attacking two doves.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

yeah, but a sea gull and a crow....     not exactly what I would think would be around attacking two doves.

Yes,that is strange.

Sevenseas

Sevenseas

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,101 posts

oops

WebFisher

WebFisher
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Animals eat whatever.. I'm convinced of it... A couple days ago, I saw some finches eating the meat off of a discarded mostly eaten chicken wing. Never thought they would be meat eaters either. Crows are carrion eaters, so no surprise that they would go for a dove. Seagulls on the other hand normally eat seafood. I guess "dove" tastes like chicken of the sea to them...

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network