christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

HELP - Memories in Eternity?

* * * * * 1 votes none

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

redroses42

redroses42

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

please , when we are with the Lord do we remember all the things we did on earth ....do we carry our memory into eternity

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,129 posts

No we do not.  At least that's the way I read it.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,193 posts

No we do not.  At least that's the way I read it.

And I don't think we would even care.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts

Rev 21:4  

"And God will wipe away all tears from their eyes. And there will be no more death, nor mourning, nor crying out, nor will there be any more pain;

for the first things passed away." 

If we have memories in heaven , they will only be of things that will bring us joy. 

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,215 posts

"And God will wipe away all tears from their eyes. And there will be no more death, nor mourning, nor crying out, nor will there be any more pain;

If we have memories in heaven , they will only be of things that will bring us joy. 

Amen! :thumbsup:

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,129 posts

that would be my wife.....   I do hope she's a memory...    but we may well just be so full of God that nothing else matters.

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,304 posts

No we do not carry our memories with in eternity.  The Bible says God will wipe away every tear from our eye.  Our whole focus will be on Him, and our praise to Him.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Blessings redroses,

Absolutely not.....with one exception  as ncn has stated & I believe the same,............Glory to God!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Actually I think we will, but we will have God's full perspective of them in the context of eternity in glory with Him, and so they will not affect us in the way they have done in this life - especially with the flesh out of the way.

Kinda like when I was three all I wanted out of life was to watch Pinocchio.  If I didn't watch it when I wanted it could have hurt and I could have cried especially if there was nothing else to distract me - something better, like a gift of some kind.

Now I have a different perspective on life at three years old, and instead I treasure the gifts that God has given me that even go beyond the material and physical.  We will have something even better.  We will be in eternity in close fellowship with our God. Amen!

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,474 posts

I believe we will recall things - we are told we will know even as we are known. I certainly hope that the pets that I had are somewhere - perhaps not in the New Jerusalem but certainly on the new earth and that they will be able to talk and tell me they loved me.  We are told in the Bible that eye has not seen nor ear heard what God has prepared for those who love Him - so expect to be most surprised by heaven.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

please , when we are with the Lord do we remember all the things we did on earth ....do we carry our memory into eternity

If we did at all it would be like a very far memory and Jesus would only allow us to think about the happy times.We do remember those who were on Earth with us who are in heaven.Of course I am specuating just from what the Bible says.No one alive knows for sure.Their are no tears or sorrow in heaven.If we were to have a whole picture of our life on this sinful world being in a spectacular place like heaven it would not be good.

coheir

coheir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

A couple more verses for you.

verse 17 might lead one to think we will not remember life on earth (at all) while in heaven

Isa 65

17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Ecc 9

5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

A couple more verses for you.

verse 17 might lead one to think we will not remember life on earth (at all) while in heaven

Isa 65

17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Ecc 9

5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

Cool! :)

John SOG

John SOG
  • Members
  • 30 posts

We are here to learn and experience not all good but we will think about those things differently in the here after.  Yes you will remember.  I died for over 10 minutes and every memory was even clearer but you look at them in a different way.

John SOG

John SOG
  • Members
  • 30 posts

He will wipe away tears not your mind.  What would be the purpose of all this if you didn't remember what you learned.

John SOG

John SOG
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Very well said.

John SOG

John SOG
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Yah does love his animals but sadly they are not eternal only man is.  Also heaven is not your eternal home the earth is, heaven (where Yah is) is coming here.  Bless you.  

John SOG

John SOG
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Isa 65 is speaking of the new or renewed earth that it will be so much better that we want remember the old.  Not that Yah will wipe your memory.  Ecc is talking about this body that we have here not the soul or spirit.

Bible_Gazer

Bible_Gazer

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

lose memory - lose experience - lose knowledge -  understanding - lose reasoning - you lose character

Edited by Bible_Gazer, 30 January 2014 - 01:15 PM.

coheir

coheir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

We are here to learn and experience not all good but we will think about those things differently in the here after.  Yes you will remember.  I died for over 10 minutes and every memory was even clearer but you look at them in a different way.

I would think God knew you would be coming back to earth and not staying so you did not experience these verses.

If I were to make it to heaven, ( which I'm trying to do ) and once there I remember a sister or brother or mother or father from earth and was told or realized they had not made it; I would not have All the Joy promised, that is why we will not remember our earthly life. My experience with phones, computers, cars, liars, thieves, rapist and other knowledge I do not think I will need If I get the mercy and forgiveness I pray for.

as always I could be wrong.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network