christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Another New Guy

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

HawaiianShirts

HawaiianShirts
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Hi, all. I'm new.

So, let me tell you a little about myself. I do consider myself a Christian (though not everyone agrees with my opinion on that matter). I believe in Jesus Christ, and I sincerely hope that He can rescue me from my sinful ways. But I will admit that I have questions. That's why I'm here. I have encountered other Christians and often whole churches with beliefs that don't fit with my understanding of Biblical scripture and teachings. I'm looking for answers to those questions and explanations. Maybe I'm wrong; maybe those I met were wrong. I don't know, but I want to find out.

I got tired of being "preached at" by people who probably meant well but didn't know how to express it. It was like, the moment I asked my question, they would pounce. "You just asked a question about the Bible! I have to SAVE YOUR SOUL!!!" And then they'd quote scripture and blather on about how to "be saved" without really even explaining that idea, let alone giving me any kind of answer to my question. So I showed up here, hoping for more of an open conversation and less of an empassioned, nearly memorized sermon.

Just thought you all should know.

:grin:

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Hi, all. I'm new.

So, let me tell you a little about myself. I do consider myself a Christian (though not everyone agrees with my opinion on that matter). I believe in Jesus Christ, and I sincerely hope that He can rescue me from my sinful ways. But I will admit that I have questions. That's why I'm here. I have encountered other Christians and often whole churches with beliefs that don't fit with my understanding of Biblical scripture and teachings. I'm looking for answers to those questions and explanations. Maybe I'm wrong; maybe those I met were wrong. I don't know, but I want to find out.

I got tired of being "preached at" by people who probably meant well but didn't know how to express it. It was like, the moment I asked my question, they would pounce. "You just asked a question about the Bible! I have to SAVE YOUR SOUL!!!" And then they'd quote scripture and blather on about how to "be saved" without really even explaining that idea, let alone giving me any kind of answer to my question. So I showed up here, hoping for more of an open conversation and less of an empassioned, nearly memorized sermon.

Hi,it is nice to have you with us here.We will all answer you questions.It is nice that you want answers and that you are seeking out Jesus Christ.That is a good thing   :mgcheerful:.   You hope that He can rescue you?Lets hear some of those questions and tell us what you believe.I am sure their are some spare seeds in some pockets among us.I am a neighbor from across the river......Washington.

alien224

alien224

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
Welcome! God sends many (myself included) here. I am sure you will find many answers here as well as some really great Christian friends. There are people here with an abundance of knowledge. May God bless you on your journey.

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Hi New Guy and welcome to Worthy.

In the first place anyone who says "they" have to save your soul" are ten miles out of line.  The only one who is able to save us is Jesus and He did that when he died and shed His blood on the cross.  When we ask God to forgive us and ask Jesus into our hearts we are saved.

We ask for forgiveness everyday because we still sin even as Christians.  He will not only save you but He will change your life forever. 

I would encourage you to find a good Bible believing church that will answer your questions in love and then back it up with scripture.  

I would encourage you again to come into our chat room.  Lot's of wonderful people who would love to answer any questions and just fellowship with you.

We are glad to have you here and again welcome to Worthy.

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Welcome HawaiianShirt :)

If there's something you don't understand, please just ask.  God gives revelation through His Word.  I have read through the scriptures many times, and many times something new would knock me on the nose from a passage I have read many times over.  We all keep learning.  no one here has the monopoly on knowledge.  God gives us revelation and understanding.

Blessings!

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,950 posts

Hi, all. I'm new.

Welcome HawaiianShirt

What helped me alot is John 3:16 , God saved my soul after I realized that those words were for ment for "whosoever will come"..  After realizing  God saved me I asked Him to come in my heart--many years ago:)

God will talk to you through His word,it is inspired by the Holy Spirit.

John 3:16

16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His [a]only begotten Son, that whoeverbelieves in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Start reading the book of John and ask God to help you  to understand! 

Omega_Woman

Omega_Woman
  • Banned
  • 8 posts
Hi, I am new here too.

P_W

P_W

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

A Worthy welcome to you!

Praying!

Always in His care,

PrairWarur

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,558 posts

Welcome to Worthy!!

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

hello and welcome to worthy.

Maui Ice

Maui Ice

• PipPip
  • 135 posts

Welcome to Worthy forums, and I'm glad you stopped by with questions, opinions, and anything you can think of regarding your belief in Jesus and your salvation. I hope to get to know you better on here. Have a blessed day!

HawaiianShirts

HawaiianShirts
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Thanks, everybody.

So, I'm curious. Is there any particular denomination of Christianity that is most prominent on this forum, or is it just a big mix of lots of different Christian flavors?

Шарон

Шарон
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Welcome to Worthy!

From I gather so far (also a newbie), everyone naturally has their own opinions on certain things, which is expected, but the general Christian belief here is quite the same. And honestly, that would be best I think for someone like you who is looking for answers and explanations. It would only bring you more confusion and frustration to ask questions concerning Christianity and whatnot amongst a group of people who all completely differ in faiths. 

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,410 posts

Thanks, everybody.

So, I'm curious. Is there any particular denomination of Christianity that is most prominent on this forum, or is it just a big mix of lots of different Christian flavors?

~

Just The Kids Of Grace

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts

Blessings HawaiianShirts

Welcome to Worthy,so glad you are here....let us give Praise & Glory to God(it is He that directs our footsteps!)

This Body of Believers,I am sure you will find......are joined by the Unity of our Faith,we open our arms to you & are more than happy to answer your questions with sincere hearts & Christs love....

There may be occasions when you feel you are being "preached at" but don't get discouraged because not everyone comes across in the same way and just take it from where it comes.....with just a little time it is easy to know "who" says "what" &"how"-lol

Most everyone here is warm,loving and kind and I am quite sure you will find that out for yourself.....

God Bless you & let us pray the Lord  continues to draw you near!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

coolcat64

coolcat64
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Welcome

questioningchristian

questioningchristian
  • Members
  • 5 posts

welcome to worthy

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network