christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"What does the Bible say about cavemen, prehistoric men, neanderth

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,757 posts

Answer:The Bible does not use the term “caveman” or “neatherthals.

"What does the Bible say about cavemen, prehistoric men, neanderthals?"

Neanderthals,” and according to the Bible there is no such thing as “prehistoric” man. The term “prehistoric” means “belonging to the era before recorded history.” It presupposes that the biblical account is merely a fabrication, because the book of Genesis records events which precede the creation of man (namely, the first five days of creation—man was created on the sixth day). The Bible is clear that Adam and Eve were perfect humans from the time of their creation and did not evolve from lower life forms.

With that said, the Bible does describe a period of traumatic upheaval upon the earth—the flood (Genesis 6-9), during which time civilization was utterly destroyed except for eight people. Humanity was forced to start over. It is in this historical context that some scholars believe men lived in caves and made use of stone tools. These men were not primitive; they were simply destitute. And they certainly were not half ape. The fossil evidence is quite clear: cavemen were human—men who lived in caves.

There are some fossilized ape remains which Darwinian paleo-anthropologists interpret as being some sort of transition between ape and men. Most people seem to think of these interpretations when they imagine cavemen. They picture furry half-men, half-ape creatures crouched in a cave next to a fire, drawing on the walls with their newly developed stone tools. This is a common misconception. And as far as Darwinian paleo-anthropology goes, we should keep in mind that these interpretations reflect a peculiar worldview and are not the result of the evidence. In fact, not only is there major opposition to these interpretations within the academic community, the Darwinists themselves do not entirely agree with each other on the details.

Unfortunately, the popular mainstream view promotes this idea that man and ape both evolved from the same ancestor, but this is certainly not the only plausible interpretation of the available evidence. In fact, the evidence in favor of this particular interpretation is lacking.

When God created Adam and Eve, they were fully developed human beings, capable of communication, society, and development (Genesis 2:19-25;3:1-20;4:1-12). It is almost entertaining to consider the lengths evolutionary scientists go to prove the existence of prehistoric cavemen. They find a misshapen tooth in a cave and from that create a misshapen human being who lived in a cave, hunched over like an ape. There is no way that science can prove the existence of cavemen by a fossil. Evolutionary scientists simply have a theory, and then they force the evidence to fit the theory. Adam and Eve were the first human beings ever created and were fully-formed, intelligent, and upright.

Read more:http://www.gotquesti...l#ixzz2roAHSCBL

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,548 posts
  • Interests:camping computers

The Bible itself tells us very little of the lives of people before the flood.    There are mythologies here and there that can give one a glimps of things pre flood but are about as much tale as they are history and it's impossible to separate the facts from fiction.

However there are some writings that the early church fathers did either accept or at least quote from that does give some detail.    The first two books of Enoch were considered as canon by some of the early church fathers.    Jasher and Jubilees are quoted by some, and all three were among the dead sea scrolls so they were at least around during the time of Jesus.

If one considers the content of these books, a lot of the things we see today start to come into focus.

While I can't tell you that any of them should be held on the same level as the Bible, I do believe that they are for the most part as reliable as our own history books written in the fifties.....   and they have answered many of the questions I have had about many things.        Parts of these books will tell you that the watchers (fallen angels)  mated not only with the daughters of Adam, but also with animals.    Jasher or Jubilees and maybe both tell us that they taught humans how to mix different species to make different animals that God never intended to exist.

They also taught men many other things and since they had about 1,500 years to corrupt the world, it is very unlikely that the societies that were living during that time were not very advanced.   Look where we have come in the past 200 years and think of how things could have progressed when people lived 700 or 800 years and had the direct help of fallen angels that were here when God created our little universe.

We have no real idea of what all was going on that might effect everything we now see as ancient.

When the flood wipped everything out, it also covered everything with layers of silt, and we don't even know what kinds of geological things happened as the waters covered everything....    it's my personal understanding that the whole earth is now different than it was before the flood.   As I understand it, it didn't even rain until the day the flood started.    We have no idea of the all things that changed in the physical world.

The different levels of what some consider human evolution could very easily just be genetic messing around that we are told the fallen ones did to try and wipe out the gene line of the man that God created.    As I read Genesis it tells me that Noah was perfect in his generations......    no Nephilim genes.

Anyway those books are fascinating reading and tend to answer a lot of questions that I personally had about all this.   Gives me a peace of mind about it all and what's coming, for it will be as in the days of Noah when the Lord returns.     Knowledge of Noah gives me hope for myself and my family....    if God kept Noah safe he can and will do the same for me and my family.....   although cleaning up after those elephants for a year might not be a lot of fun as some of what we might have to go through in the near future.......

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,135 posts
  • Interests:Reading,Knitting,Jigsaw Puzzles.and I love to bake.

According to the Bible there is no such thing as "prehistoric" man.The term "prehistoric" means " belonging to the era before recorded history.

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,008 posts
  • Interests:Israel Advocacy Bible Study, Apologetics, Theology, Camping, Hiking, Fishing, Birdwatching, BBQing

The image of the prehistoric caveman is a myth foisted on humanity by the evolutionists.   The fact is that man was far and away more sophisticated than many evolutionists,anthropoligists want to admit.  

Adam and Eve were created fully developed and functionally mature.  The were not some hominid ancestor that eventually evolved into homo sapiens.   Such assumptions are made up of whole cloth.

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,020 posts
  • Interests:Who is Jesus to you?

Jadey is a neanderthal throwback. My skeletal structure resembles a neanderthal. They were not the ugly brutes portrayed in drawings.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,548 posts

Jadey is a neanderthal throwback. My skeletal structure resembles a neanderthal. They were not the ugly brutes portrayed in drawings.

Gods pretty people?????

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Interests:My interests include; the bible, Jesus, crocheting, gardening, sightseeing, history, reading, oilpainting learning new things, and music.

when i think of caveman, my mind tends to go to that of the men of duck dynasty. (Not impressed with anything from them actually). Man was created on the sixth day, prehistoric stuff is from what man thinks from the evolution, its not biblical. I believe Adam and Eve, were the first human beings ever created and were fully-evolved, intelligent and upright. Man and Ape did not evolve from the same ancestor so it is safe to say that cavemen, prehistoric men and neanderth people were only fabricated from mans version of a fossil and has somehow became misconceptions over years and years. Some believe some don't. Not here to ruffle any feathers just giving my opinion here is all. We all have our opinions and beliefs.

gray wolf

gray wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • Interests:Theology, science, philosophy, classical music and German folk music.

I think there were these creatures, even resembling man but man was a special creation.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,423 posts

I think there were these creatures, even resembling man but man was a special creation.

Yes.  I believe once God decided on our species He caused the extinction of similar creatures.  We are made in His image only; no common descent with primates.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
  • Interests:Archery, painting, plants and animals, history

Early man was definitely more sophisticated than modern secular thinking would leave us to believe. They tell us that man was on Earth for so many thousand years before he discovered fire, so many thousand years before he discovered agriculture, and so on.

I believe that Adam and Eve already knew about such things. It often surprises scientists, archaeologists and the like, when they discover that early civilisations were more sophisticated than they once thought. They give themselves pats on the back when they discover such things, not realising that the Bible indirectly, has already told us that. Secular archaeologists really need tens or hundreds of thousands of years to explain the incredibly long development of man. Using their own models, man needs to be hunting and gathering for millennia before he could have possibly discovered fire, because in their World everything moves so slowly because they have their 'evolution' thinking caps on. They cannot believe that man could have been on Earth for a lot shorter time than that. They cannot believe that man could have been building civilisations more or less straight away, because they are unaware that a lot of early knowledge was already given to us by God.

Without an intelligent creator man would require massively long time periods to even learn basic skills, until of course he reaches a certain point in his development and is then sophisticated enough to use his analytical skills to accelerate his own progress. Using such a godless framework, there is no space for man to have been on Earth for less than ten, nine or even eight thousand years. It is not possible within the parameters of secular evolutionary thinking.

Atheists need man to have been on Earth for much longer than he has otherwise all their other theories fall apart and if they can use ape skulls and other artifacts to prove all this then they will try and do so.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,135 posts

8dad1e81904a2a407abdb19f5af3e35b.jpg

Guest_HisG_*

Guest_HisG_*
  • Guests
From the information I gather from Genesis, it's plain to see that the first man and woman had a 100% fully functioning brain as we have today, living in an environment where they had to start from scratch.

I need more information though to make a firm stand on what I believe about fallen angels mating with human women.

According to Jesus, in Heaven, we will be like angels who don't marry.

So at what stage did fallen angels suddenly acquire sperm? Who granted them that?

This makes no sense to me.

Diatheosis

Diatheosis

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:God's supernatural reality in action, Jesus walking amidst us, exposing the end time deception, biblical languages, prophetic.

Once you know how to manipulate DNA etc. procreating becomes a different issue than before.

This on the other hand: 

Gen 6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

Today it is already reality that DNA is being snipped out of animals and combined with the human DNA to 'improve' and create new breed. It is being said this will equip humanity with better senses etc. DNA is being taken from several people, to get custom design babies.

How it COULD have been done.

After acquiring physical density, they were able to operate on themselves having quite profound knowledge about Creation. This may sound strange to us, but think about what is currently being done with our understanding in science. How much more does a high ranking angel understand?

rjp34652

rjp34652

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Answer:The Bible does not use the term “caveman” or “neatherthals.

"What does the Bible say about cavemen, prehistoric men, neanderthals?"

Neanderthals,” and according to the Bible there is no such thing as “prehistoric” man. The term “prehistoric” means “belonging to the era before recorded history.” It presupposes that the biblical account is merely a fabrication, because the book of Genesis records events which precede the creation of man (namely, the first five days of creation—man was created on the sixth day). The Bible is clear that Adam and Eve were perfect humans from the time of their creation and did not evolve from lower life forms.

With that said, the Bible does describe a period of traumatic upheaval upon the earth—the flood (Genesis 6-9), during which time civilization was utterly destroyed except for eight people. Humanity was forced to start over. It is in this historical context that some scholars believe men lived in caves and made use of stone tools. These men were not primitive; they were simply destitute. And they certainly were not half ape. The fossil evidence is quite clear: cavemen were human—men who lived in caves.

There are some fossilized ape remains which Darwinian paleo-anthropologists interpret as being some sort of transition between ape and men. Most people seem to think of these interpretations when they imagine cavemen. They picture furry half-men, half-ape creatures crouched in a cave next to a fire, drawing on the walls with their newly developed stone tools. This is a common misconception. And as far as Darwinian paleo-anthropology goes, we should keep in mind that these interpretations reflect a peculiar worldview and are not the result of the evidence. In fact, not only is there major opposition to these interpretations within the academic community, the Darwinists themselves do not entirely agree with each other on the details.

Unfortunately, the popular mainstream view promotes this idea that man and ape both evolved from the same ancestor, but this is certainly not the only plausible interpretation of the available evidence. In fact, the evidence in favor of this particular interpretation is lacking.

When God created Adam and Eve, they were fully developed human beings, capable of communication, society, and development (Genesis 2:19-25;3:1-20;4:1-12). It is almost entertaining to consider the lengths evolutionary scientists go to prove the existence of prehistoric cavemen. They find a misshapen tooth in a cave and from that create a misshapen human being who lived in a cave, hunched over like an ape. There is no way that science can prove the existence of cavemen by a fossil. Evolutionary scientists simply have a theory, and then they force the evidence to fit the theory. Adam and Eve were the first human beings ever created and were fully-formed, intelligent, and upright.

Read more:http://www.gotquesti...l#ixzz2roAHSCBL

The Bible is the story of the fall of man and God's plan of redemption.   Nothing more.  Nothing less.  

The story of redemption begins approximately six thousand years ago and ends sometime in the near future.

If the reader desires a book about the stars and planets, I suggest a trip to the library and a textbook on Astronomy.  The Bible doesn't say much about the stars and planets.

If the reader desires a book about dinosaurs, I suggest a book about Paleontology.   The Bible doesn't even whisper about the great lizards.

If the reader desires a book about ancient cultures, I suggest a study in Archeology.  The Bible isn't a history book except for that which relates to redemption.

If the reader desires a book about fantasies, I suggest a good comic book.  The Bible is about the raw truth of human depravity and there's nothing heroic about it.

The Bible doesn't even speak about dogs and cats.   It does speak a lot about truth and God.

In fact, the Bible doesn't speak about any cultures except those that affected the Hebrew people and the gentiles who first passed the Good News of Jesus Christ out into the world.  

The Bible is the story about how man lost himself in his own lusts and how God found him there and made him new again.

It's the story of reality and hope for the future, even a future beyond the end of physical life.  

If the reader doesn't agree that the Bible is the greatest story ever told, then he or she has condemned themselves to wander endlessly in the deserts of literature in search of something they will never find - peace.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,548 posts
keep in mind that one of the reasons God picked Noah was because he was perfect in his generations. Thete are many to most of the people I study with take that to mean he was genetically pure. The angels cross breeding with mankind could have produced any number of things in the physical makeup of mankind.

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,930 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Friends and Climbing

I really enjoy discussing the Bible. There is so much to learn and so much to share.

I am led to reach my hand out, in love, to those in need.

I can see Adam and Eve, after leaving the Garden of Eden, looking for shelter and came across caves to stay in.  I do not see cavemen being how Hollywood portrays them.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,135 posts

I can see Adam and Eve, after leaving the Garden of Eden, looking for shelter and came across caves to stay in.  I do not see cavemen being how Hollywood portrays them.

f8fcec29cca27b75698581811c941793.jpgYes...

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts
  • Interests:My Heavenly Father,Jesus Christ,the Holy Spirit,the Bible,people,all Gods creatures(great,small & furry),from the sublime to the ridiculous,learning in general

Blessings One Light...

I have thought of exactly what you are saying ,can you imagine how ,all of a sudden they are out of the Garden probably being Hot or cfold or facing what elements they never knew & wild beasts,no more everything living harmoniously.....they must have been thrilled when they found a cave for shelter........ :73_73: :42:

With love -in Christ,Kwik

Miss Agapelove

Miss Agapelove

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:My interest in life is to serve Gods will ...x

Hello brothers and sisters....

I must be the only person in the world who has never even considered.....cavemen- dinosaurs or anything prehistoric? :noidea: If I don't see it in scriptures to me it dont exist? 

Love & Blessings Agape  :emot-eyes:

Diatheosis

Diatheosis

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:God's supernatural reality in action, Jesus walking amidst us, exposing the end time deception, biblical languages, prophetic.

f8fcec29cca27b75698581811c941793.jpgYes...

I don't know how you got that pic of me attending my church. This internet age has its bad sides too, I gather.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network