christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

HPV vaccines

* * * * * 1 votes HPV vaccine

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

thoughts? 

http://www.thedailys...dly-scam_012014

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,941 posts

The CDC usually has pretty good advise.How sad is our world?Recommending 11 and 12 year olds to get the vaccine.Their is a huge epidemic right now on STD's.

http://www.cdc.gov/hpv/vaccine.html

HPV vaccines are given as a series of three shots over 6 months to protect against HPV infection and the health problems that HPV infection can cause. Two vaccines (Cervarix and Gardasil) protect against cervical cancers in women. One vaccine (Gardasil) also protects against genital warts and cancers of the anus, vagina and vulva. Both vaccines are available for females. Only Gardasil is available for males.

HPV vaccines offer the best protection to girls and boys who receive all three vaccine doses and have time to develop an immune response before being sexually active with another person. That's why HPV vaccination is recommended for preteen girls and boys at age 11 or 12 years.

Who else should get the HPV vaccine?

In addition to girls and boys aged 11 or 12 years, HPV vaccines are also recommended for teen boys and girls who did not get the vaccine when they were younger, teen girls and young women through age 26, as well as teen boys and young men through age 21.

The vaccine is also recommended for gay and bisexual men (or any man who has sex with a man). It is also recommended for men and women with compromised immune systems (including people living with HIV/AIDS) through age 26, if they did not get fully vaccinated when they were younger.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,441 posts

so many different possibilities within this story....    I don't think I would want my kids taking this.  Or my grandkids for that matter.....    or yours for that matter.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,941 posts

We love our children and we do have high hopes that they stay celibate until they are married.But that does not always happen.We can tell them all the horror stories about these diseases but sometimes it does not matter.A STD has lifetime affect on a person and the person they may marry.Like they say "The gift that keeps on giving".I am glad that I do not have to make that choice for my children.I am glad they are older. 

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,923 posts

Im not sold on the vaccine, but it isnt just an std. This can lead to cancer. That is why they recommend vaccinations. 

ladypeartree

ladypeartree

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,540 posts

From what I have been reading these vaccines are actually causing more health problems than they are solving and are not even effective after 5 years so if the child waits till they are actually legally old enough then the vaccines are no longer effective ( if they ever were ) anyway ?????

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,441 posts

if kids got married when they were ten and stayed faithful to the same spouse for life we wouldn't have to deal with any of this in two generations...

JustinM

JustinM

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,126 posts

I won't risk my daughter's health or life for this vaccine.  We are raising her to be an upright and moral person when she gets older, I hope she stays with it.

If she chooses to live contrary to that, we will cross that bridge together, when we get to it.

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
Personally, I think it is foolish for a person, especially a person who is at risk due to lung weakness, to avoid the flu vaccines or even the diptheria vaccine in areas where there currently are outbreaks. But I would think again about the HPV vaccine or even AIDS vaccines. There has always been much doubt as to whether the latter will ever work due to the way it replicates. I think I will discourage my teen age grandchildren from getting HPV shots as well. You can raise kids right and even if they are born again, they still make mistakes. But I can't say that assuming they will participate in sexual sin is the best answer either; even if it did work, that is somehow what giving that vaccine is saying to them. Since it is dangerous, it is best avoided.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network