christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Matthew 7:14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to l

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

What do you think of this verse?I think the wide gates will receive many.And the very wide road many are traveling on.Wide gate preaching draws great crowds of people who have itching ears, and a thirst for a big Christian Social Club where they can show off expensive cars, houses, and fat wallets.

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

Matt 7:14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

It means there will be more of a falling away than revival, more people going to hell than heaven.

Matt 19:24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Matt 7:14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

It means there will be more of a falling away than revival, more people going to hell than heaven.

Matt 19:24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

I am not referring to nonbelievers because that is a given that they would travel the wide road.They would not think of taking another route.But I am referring to Christians.

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

I am not referring to nonbelievers because that is a given that they would travel the narrow road.They would not think of taking another route.But I am referring to Christians.

Yeah I would say repentance is the only way to receive the blessings you were meant for.

Reformed Baptist

Reformed Baptist

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

I am not referring to nonbelievers because that is a given that they would travel the wide road.They would not think of taking another route.But I am referring to Christians.

You might not be, but in terms of contrast Jesus Christ most certainly was :D Look back to verse 13  "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it." (Mat 7:13 NKJ) The broad way is the one that leads to eternal destruction, in contrast to that the narrow way is one that leads to life (Salvation). He then goes on to warn about false prophets, no because they can cause on to loose salvation, but because they turn people away from the path to life.  

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network