christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What must I do to be saved?

* * * * * 1 votes 20

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

eben4christ

eben4christ
  • Members
  • 32 posts

There are some steps we must take in order to be saved:

1. Hear the Word   ......... Romans 10:17

2. Believe the Word.........John 3:16

3. Repent from your sins.... Luke 13:3

4. Confess Christ  &............Matthew 10:32

5. Be baptized..................... Mark 16:16 & Acts 2:28

6. Live Faithfully.................  Revelation 2:10

redroses42

redroses42

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Amen brother

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,420 posts

Welcome to Worthy eben4christ.......are you Saved ,asking or just making a statement?God bless you!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Welcome!  I would add another to that list if I may; continue in fruits of repentance!

Blessings to you Eben4Christ :)

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,509 posts

Welcome~!

~

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

eben4christ

eben4christ
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Thank you all for your wonderful comments, may the good Lord bless you and yours in many ways.... I am saved by the saving grace of God through baptism over ten years now.. I am trying so hard to live faithfully till Christ returns. I know that my labour shall not be in vain... 1 Corinthians 15:58

eben4christ

eben4christ
  • Members
  • 32 posts

A King had a male servant who, in all circumstances always said to him; My king, do not be discouraged because everything God does is perfect, no mistakes. One day, they went hunting and a wild animal attacked the king, the servant managed to kill the animal but couldn't prevent his majesty from losing a finger. Furious and without showing gratitude, the King said; if God was good, I would not have been attacked and lost one finger. The servant replied, 'despite all these things, I can only tell you that God is good and everything He does is perfect, He is never wrong'. Outraged by the response, the king ordered the arrest of his servant. While being taken to prison, he told the king again, God is Good & Perfect. Another day, the king left alone for another hunt and was captured by savages who use human beings for sacrifice. On the altar, the savages found out that the king didn't have one finger in place, he was released because he was considered not "complete" to be offered to the gods. On his return to the palace, he ordered the release of his servant and said; My friend, God was really good to me. I was almost killed but for lack of a single finger, I was let go. But I have a question; If God is so good, why did He allow me to put you in prison? His servant replied; My king, if I had not been put in prison, I would have gone with you, and would have been sacrificed, because I have no missing finger. Everything God does is perfect, He is never wrong. Often we complain about life, and the negative things that happen to us, forgetting that everything happens for a purpose. God is good and perfect!!

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,077 posts

Thank you all for your wonderful comments, may the good Lord bless you and yours in many ways.... I am saved by the saving grace of God through baptism over ten years now.. I am trying so hard to live faithfully till Christ returns. I know that my labour shall not be in vain... 1 Corinthians 15:58

Baptism is not a necessity for salvation.

What about the thief on the cross or someone who, in their dying breath asks forgiveness and accepts Jesus as their personal saviour?

What we learn from the saved thief on the cross is that we are all sinners in need of a Saviour, and no matter the number of our sins and no matter if we,

or the world, think our sins are minor or extreme, it is never too late to repent and accept the free gift of salvation

Baptism is the symbol of what has already occurred in the heart and life of one who has trusted Christ as their Saviour  (Romans 6:3-5;Galatians 3:27;Colossians 2:12)

Salvation is as simple as this.

Admit your sinful state when compared to God's moral perfection.

This admission is called repentance toward God (Acts 20:21

)

Believe on Jesus Christ who died to pay your sin debt to God. He not only died as your substitute, He rose to life again as proof of God's satisfaction with His work. This is faith toward our Lord Jesus (Acts 20:21)

Completely finished - there is nothing else you need to do.

Salvation is a grace gift from God to all who will receive Christ.

Simply trust Him. When you do, God exchanges your sin for Christ's righteousness - forever!

eben4christ

eben4christ
  • Members
  • 32 posts

What about the thief on the cross or someone in their dying breath asks forgiveness and accepts Jesus as their personal saviour?

What we learn from the saved thief on the cross is that we are all sinners in need of a Saviour, and no matter the number of our sins and no matter if we,

or the world, think our sins are minor or extreme, it is never too late to repent and accept the free gift of salvation

Baptism is the symbol of what has already occurred in the heart and life of one who has trusted Christ as their Saviour  (Romans 6:3-5;Galatians 3:27;Colossians 2:12)

Admit your sinful state when compared to God's moral perfection. This admission is called repentance toward God (Acts 20:21)

Believe on Jesus Christ who died to pay your sin debt to God. He not only died as your substitute, He rose to life again as proof of God's satisfaction with His work. This is faith toward our Lord Jesus (Acts 20:21)

Simply trust Him. When you do, God exchanges your sin for Christ's righteousness - forever! 

Baptism is the commandment from Jesus Christ Himself (Mark 16:15-16; Matthew 28:19). It was implemented by the apostles on the day of Pentecost, those who believed were commanded to repent and be baptized for the remission of their sins (Acts 2:38). Everybody who believed the gospel were baptized (Acts 8:36-39; Acts 18:8-9; Acts 10:48; Acts 19:1-7), all these tell us that baptism is very important because the apostles taught and preached it as they were led by the Holy Spirit. The thief on the cross died before Christianity and Jesus Christ whilst on earth had the power to forgive sins (Mark 2:10) so the thief on the cross was not a Christian because Christianity started on the day of Pentecost. Thanks and may God bless you

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,077 posts

What about the thief on the cross or someone in their dying breath asks forgiveness and accepts Jesus as their personal saviour?

Admit your sinful state when compared to God's moral perfection. This admission is called repentance toward God (Acts 20:21)

Baptism is the commandment from Jesus Christ Himself (Mark 16:15-16; Matthew 28:19). It was implemented by the apostles on the day of Pentecost, those who believed were commanded to repent and be baptized for the remission of their sins (Acts 2:38). Everybody who believed the gospel were baptized (Acts 8:36-39; Acts 18:8-9; Acts 10:48; Acts 19:1-7), all these tell us that baptism is very important because the apostles taught and preached it as they were led by the Holy Spirit. The thief on the cross died before Christianity and Jesus Christ whilst on earth had the power to forgive sins (Mark 2:10) so the thief on the cross was not a Christian because Christianity started on the day of Pentecost. Thanks and may God bless you

The bible the Word of God tells us that that salvation is received by faith alone.

Joh 3:16  For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Eph 2:9  not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Baptism is an important step of obedience after salvation but cannot and is not  a requirement for salvation.

doug_kd

doug_kd
  • Members
  • 9 posts
John the baptist said that Jesus baptizes with the Holy Spirit... So I think that means that you can still be Saved without being baptized in water...

eben4christ

eben4christ
  • Members
  • 32 posts

The bible the Word of God tells us that that salvation is received by faith alone.

Joh 3:16  For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Eph 2:9  not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Baptism is an important step of obedience after salvation but cannot and is not  a requirement for salvation.

suppose you are telling an old man on his death bed the story of Jesus Christ. Half way through your story the man dies without believing, will he be saved?

John the baptist said that Jesus baptizes with the Holy Spirit... So I think that means that you can still be Saved without being baptized in water...

What about John 3:1-5?

Hippie333

Hippie333

Veteran Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

John 1:5 -

Joh 3:5  Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Water / Spirit - one in the same

John 4:13  Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
John 4:14  But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Born of water - is not representing baptism here or I think Christ would have said Baptized

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,077 posts

Here Paul gives a very detailed account of the Gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-8). 

Why does he not say that baptism is necessary for salvation?

1Co 15:1  And, brothers, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you have received, and in which you stand;

1Co 15:2  by which you also are being kept safe, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

What saves us is the cleansing work of the Holy Spirit, when we are born again and regenerated by the Holy Spirit.

Tit 3:5 

“not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,”

joelcharig

joelcharig
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Being saved is not dependent on us committing sins though remember, it is about where our heart is and the desire to be forgiven for our committed sins =)

That is sometimes a big misunderstanding in some people!

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,077 posts

Joel welcome to Worthy. 

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,077 posts

This is for everyone including myself.  :thumbsup: 

Welcome to Worthy. This forum's description (Worthy Welcome) is: "Shalom! Welcome to Worthy Boards, introduce yourself and join our Christian community!"

Feel free to introduce yourself as you join our community.

Once you make 5 posts you will have access to the rest of the forums and will be able to start threads on other forums within WCF on topics that interest you.

With love Nigel  (ncn. Chat Servant)

eben4christ

eben4christ
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Thank you all for your comments with your contributions, may the good Lord bless you all...

Let us consider this passage in Mark 16:15-16, Jesus said "one who believes and is baptized shall be saved" and also Acts 2:36-47

If Jesus said that we must chew and swallow to live, will you live if you only chew, but not swallow?

Jesus said it takes two things to be saved: belief and baptism. Belief by itself does not equal salvation. Baptism by itself does not equal salvation.

Consider this passage also Numbers 21:4-9.... Why did God tell Moses to make a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole so that everyone that is bitten by the snake, when look upon it, shall live? Suppose you were there are you going to rest your assurance on your faith alone and ignore the fiery serpent? James 2:26

Thanks and God bless you all.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,077 posts

Thank you all for your comments with your contributions, may the good Lord bless you all...

Let us consider this passage in Mark 16:15-16, Jesus said "one who believes and is baptized shall be saved" and also Acts 2:36-47

If Jesus said that we must chew and swallow to live, will you live if you only chew, but not swallow?

Jesus said it takes two things to be saved: belief and baptism. Belief by itself does not equal salvation. Baptism by itself does not equal salvation.

Consider this passage also Numbers 21:4-9.... Why did God tell Moses to make a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole so that everyone that is bitten by the snake, when look upon it, shall live? Suppose you were there are you going to rest your assurance on your faith alone and ignore the fiery serpent? James 2:26

Thanks and God bless you all.

This is now something that you could start a topic on in another forum if you so wish to do so. 

(You have more than five posts  :thumbsup:  )

Please see my post above yours . 

God Bless Nigel

(ncn Chat Servant)

eben4christ

eben4christ
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Thank you very much brother... I will start another topic in another forum. Keep up the good work of our Lord and Master Jesus Christ.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network