christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Eye condition afflicting 70% of Americans...

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts

I'd be willing to bet this condition actually afflicts 70% of the WORLD, not just the U.S.  Having recently had eye surgery myself, I suspect that 20 + years staring at a computer screen is, indeed, the culprit.  I'm thinking smart phones are only going to add to the problem.

http://shine.yahoo.c...-193700906.html

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,538 posts

i have found that turning the brightness down on the monitors helps with this a lot.   We all like the bright vivid colors when a monitor is set up for pictures or movies, but the contrasts are not good for your eyes.

Most monitors have preset modes that you can switch easily and using the text mode will relieve a lot of the strain.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,711 posts

Being British we just use the old fashioned way.    :sherlock:

Time for tea me thinks.   :mgdetective:

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Yes,also their is an epidemic of our young people and hearing loss.This is due to listening to their music so loud in their cars and earbud use with iPods.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network