christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Weary nations asks: Why the nasty winter?

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

OldSchool2

OldSchool2

• Worthy Writers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
"Cold and snow keep battering the Midwest and East, and even Atlanta was temporarily paralyzed. California has been bone dry. Alaska set heat records.

"The wild winter somehow became even more wicked Thursday morning when the national average temperature plunged to a brutal 11 degrees — the lowest temperature of a season of extremes

"A weather weary nation asks a simple question: Why?

"The answer is the jet stream, the river of air that dictates our weather ..."

http://news.yahoo.co...-213511462.html

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

We are in blizzard conditions right now.It is horrible out.It is about 19 degrees,extremely windy and the snow is coming down side ways.God has control of everything and that includes the weather.Why? Only God knows.

OldSchool2

OldSchool2

• Worthy Writers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

We are in blizzard conditions right now.It is horrible out.It is about 19 degrees,extremely windy and the snow is coming down side ways.God has control of everything and that includes the weather.Why? Only God knows.

So why is the jet stream doing this?

According to the AP: "There are three different forces probably at work here, but scientists still need to do more research, said Derek Arndt, of the National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, N.C. One is just the random natural variability of daily weather. Another is a mid-length weather feature called the Pacific Decadal Oscillation — think of it as a cousin of El Nino — that warms the northern Pacific and helps push the jet stream south. And finally, a new and controversial theory is that a warmer Arctic region and shrinking summer sea ice from man-made global warming has shifted jet stream patterns, making it wavier and bringing more unpredictable weather ..."

My money is on the Oscillation.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

According to the AP: "There are three different forces probably at work here, but scientists still need to do more research, said Derek Arndt, of the National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, N.C. One is just the random natural variability of daily weather. Another is a mid-length weather feature called the Pacific Decadal Oscillation — think of it as a cousin of El Nino — that warms the northern Pacific and helps push the jet stream south. And finally, a new and controversial theory is that a warmer Arctic region and shrinking summer sea ice from man-made global warming has shifted jet stream patterns, making it wavier and bringing more unpredictable weather ..."

I do not know.But God does :mgcheerful:

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,581 posts

I woke up to a light snow this morning here in Houston.  It has been cold here for weeks and that is NOT normal for the Gulf.  I'm sure God has His reasons for this weather that seems to be affecting the entire United States and Canada.  I'm sure He will explain it to us one day.  Until then.....we are just as much at the mercy of the weather as we were centuries ago. 

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,371 posts

"Cold and snow keep battering the Midwest and East, and even Atlanta was temporarily paralyzed. California has been bone dry. Alaska set heat records.

"The wild winter somehow became even more wicked Thursday morning when the national average temperature plunged to a brutal 11 degrees — the lowest temperature of a season of extremes

"A weather weary nation asks a simple question: Why?

"The answer is the jet stream, the river of air that dictates our weather ..."

http://news.yahoo.co...-213511462.html

:thumbsup:

The Answer Is Jesus

At this also my heart trembleth, and is moved out of his place.

Hear attentively the noise of his voice, and the sound that goeth out of his mouth.

He directeth it under the whole heaven, and his lightning unto the ends of the earth.

After it a voice roareth: he thundereth with the voice of his excellency; and he will not stay them when his voice is heard.

God thundereth marvellously with his voice; great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend.

For he saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth; likewise to the small rain, and to the great rain of his strength. Job 37:1-6

~

My Darling Wife, My Carol Says

Sorry Mr. Al Gore But It's An Inconvenient Truth

The Great Japanese Earthquake Kicked The Earth Off It's Kilter A Bit

And Thus We Find Globule Weather Changes

Wherever We May Happen To Look

However, God Be True

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease. Genesis 8:22

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,450 posts

The Oscillation is a 30 yr cycle that we arizonans are used to. It is a normal cyclical pattern that Im sure will be twisted to fit global warming agenda lol. I remember a time in the 70s when the weather was like this, so bad that in arizona the ski resorts (yes we have 3 here) put out bumper stickers of "think snow" because we were not getting any. Just like this year we are hardly getting any. 

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,371 posts

The Oscillation is a 30 yr cycle that we arizonans are used to. It is a normal cyclical pattern that Im sure will be twisted to fit global warming agenda lol. I remember a time in the 70s when the weather was like this, so bad that in arizona the ski resorts (yes we have 3 here) put out bumper stickers of "think snow" because we were not getting any. Just like this year we are hardly getting any. 

:thumbsup:

Same Thing In New Mexico

OldSchool2

OldSchool2

• Worthy Writers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

I do not know.But God does :mgcheerful:

So, like Kepler, some of us are "thinking God's thoughts after Him".

http://www.newlife.org/node/362

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,658 posts

This is the coldest winter I can remember.  I spend a lot of time in Michigan, and I am used to cold weather and snow, so dealing with temperatures in the single digits and even below zero is not that strange, but what has been different this year is it has remained in the single digits for days at a time, and the cold weather extends further south than normal.  Right now I am in Indiana with temperatures below zero.  Even in North Carolina, it has been colder than normal.  People can make all the excuses they want for the weather, but ultimately God is in control.  Perhaps he is showing us that we are not able to effect the weather with our activities, so he has turned down the thermostat?  As for California, they were speaking of droughts and praying for rain when I was out there.  I think that is clearly an example of God trying to get their attention because of their sins.  God always has and always will control the weather. 

JustinM

JustinM

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Very cold here in Nodak.  Looking forward to the warm kiss of sun in a couple of months.  I saw the weather report yesterday, more extremely cold weather to come the remainder of this week and next as well.

Guess we will continue to hunker down and pray that we get respite from this sub-zero weather soon.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network