christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Does the afterlife run on clocks?

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

I say no..Heaven and hell are not based on time.

Day number 10,000 in heaven will feel like the first day you got there when you gave Jesus a great big hug.

Forever seems pretty long in a sinful world, but on the new earth it will be quite different.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,622 posts

I think I can agree with that.....   except the shall part.....   Greek manuscripts say should not, or might not, they don't say shall not perish.

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

It does make you feel homesick thinking about it. I would say no as well if afterlife runs on clocks.

Colossians 3:2424 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ.

so I'm thinking its pretty awesome. :) 

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Nope.No time in heaven.I am sure glad of that.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,104 posts

I think I can agree with that.....   except the shall part.....   Greek manuscripts say should not, or might not, they don't say shall not perish.

~

Jesus

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24

Saves

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,675 posts

One thing is for sure.  When every is said and done, everything will be a new experience and time will not be a thought.  The heaven and earth will pass away and a new heaven and earth will be created,  We have no idea how beautiful this will be due to our lack of reference.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

One thing is for sure.  When every is said and done, everything will be a new experience and time will not be a thought.  The heaven and earth will pass away and a new heaven and earth will be created,  We have no idea how beautiful this will be due to our lack of reference.

I am thinking it will be beyond our wildest dreams.

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,675 posts

I am thinking it will be beyond our wildest dreams.

1 Corinthians 2:9

But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,622 posts

~

Jesus

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24

Saves

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

better check the Greek word for believeth......   there's more to that little word than the English portrays.  

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

greek_flag_by_ftisis_stock-d3eugrx.jpg

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,104 posts

~

Jesus

Saves

better check the Greek word for believeth......   there's more to that little word than the English portrays.  

:thumbsup:

~

Jesus

I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, the person whose ears are open to My words [who listens to My message] and believes and trusts in and clings to and relies on Him Who sent Me has (possesses now) eternal life. And he does not come into judgment [does not incur sentence of judgment, will not come under condemnation], but he has already passed over out of death into life. John 5:24 (Amplified Bible®)

Saves

I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, he who believes in Me [who adheres to, trusts in, relies on, and has faith in Me] has (now possesses) eternal life. John 6:47 (Amplified Bible®)

Better?

The Amplified Was My Favorite Desk-Top Bible When I Was Still Working

My Copy Is Held Together By Scotch Tape :)

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,622 posts

~

Jesus

Saves

~

Jesus

I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, the person whose ears are open to My words [who listens to My message] and believes and trusts in and clings to and relies on Him Who sent Me has (possesses now) eternal life. And he does not come into judgment [does not incur sentence of judgment, will not come under condemnation], but he has already passed over out of death into life. John 5:24 (Amplified Bible®)

Saves

I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, he who believes in Me [who adheres to, trusts in, relies on, and has faith in Me] has (now possesses) eternal life. John 6:47 (Amplified Bible®)

Better?

Duck tape works better unless you need to see through it...

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,104 posts

~

Jesus

Saves

~

Jesus

Saves

Better?

Duck tape works better unless you need to see through it...

lol, That's On My Grandfather's Old Bible Which I Read Almost To Tatters

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network