christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Looking for Christian Fellowship

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

Sheniy

Sheniy

• PipPip
  • 249 posts

Hi everyone!

I have always been sort of a loner, and God has been convicting me of this the last few years.  So this is me being social!  (Baby steps lol)  I joined a church a few years back, but I'm having a hard time getting involved with people.  I did try; joined a small group, went on a missions trip, and volunteered for ministry and stuff (the only reason I actually go to church some weeks is because I have to be there...and I like church).  I just don't feel connected, and I seem to be slipping back into my old routines.

Started reading a new book the other day from one of my favorite authors about fellowship with God and other believers, and I'm getting convicted again.

I'm trying out this forum because I've been involved in forums in the past (christian and not), and it seems to crack my shell a bit.  Here is me, trying again. :D

Peace,

Sheniy

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,695 posts
A Worthy welcome to you!!

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

hello and welcome to worthy.

Spock

Spock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Hi everyone!

I have always been sort of a loner, and God has been convicting me of this the last few years. So this is me being social! (Baby steps lol) I joined a church a few years back, but I'm having a hard time getting involved with people. I did try; joined a small group, went on a missions trip, and volunteered for ministry and stuff (the only reason I actually go to church some weeks is because I have to be there...and I like church). I just don't feel connected, and I seem to be slipping back into my old routines.

Started reading a new book the other day from one of my favorite authors about fellowship with God and other believers, and I'm getting convicted again.

I'm trying out this forum because I've been involved in forums in the past (christian and not), and it seems to crack my shell a bit. Here is me, trying again. :D

Peace,
Sheniy

Awesome first post. I love you already....in a biblical sense of course. My wife will affirm that.

Anyhow, I hope you find the fellowship you need to ease your guilt or whatever is tugging at you.

Just curious, you said japan is an interest. Mind sharing the connection you have with that country? I love the food for sure.

Thanks and welcome.

Spock out

PS as you can tell, I love sci fi too

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,989 posts

Welcome~!

Sheniy

Sheniy

• PipPip
  • 249 posts

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcomes. ^_^

Just curious, you said japan is an interest. Mind sharing the connection you have with that country? I love the food for sure.

More of a passion, actually.

Not entirely sure what triggered it.  I think it might have been a Japanese-American character in a book series I read as an impressionable young child . I really identified with her except for her cultural heritage.  Hers was so different from mine. The book series didn't even discuss it all that much, but Japan was suddenly my second favorite country.

There were other things that came from Japan that I liked.  My friends Megumi and Tomoko.  Nintendo.  Gojira. (Rawr)

Eventually I came to a conclusion: Japan is just plain awesome.  Everything that comes from there is awesome.  They have better cartoons. Their language is beautiful.   I love their wacky humor. And washi paper. And sushi.  And ninjas. :ph34r: ('nuff said.)

Had an opportunity to go there for ministry last year, but I missed it.  I'm trying to learn the language, but I'm soooo easily distracted.   I would love to visit some day.  Maybe even live there.

I love sci fi too

:o  No way!

I am actually one quarter Trekkie...on my father's side. He's also part Hobbit.  (True story)

:D

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,085 posts

Blessings Sheniy,

Welcome to Worthy................Praise & Glory to God in the Highest,so glad our Lord has lead you here!I can tell you this,you will get as much from Worthy s you put in or want to receive,it is chock full of blessings & love is just overwhelming.....we are truly a family!!!!!

I see you already have made a  connection with Spock,he is great & a  loving brother to behold.............

With love,in Christ-Kwik

LOL...my entire house is Japanese motif :noidea:

eben4christ

eben4christ
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Hi everyone!

I have always been sort of a loner, and God has been convicting me of this the last few years.  So this is me being social!  (Baby steps lol)  I joined a church a few years back, but I'm having a hard time getting involved with people.  I did try; joined a small group, went on a missions trip, and volunteered for ministry and stuff (the only reason I actually go to church some weeks is because I have to be there...and I like church).  I just don't feel connected, and I seem to be slipping back into my old routines.

I'm trying out this forum because I've been involved in forums in the past (christian and not), and it seems to crack my shell a bit.  Here is me, trying again. :D

Peace,

Sheniy

Welcome my sister in Christ... God will always guide you through... Rejoice always and fellowship with the brethren always... Heb. 10:25

Mike

Mike

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Welcome to Worthy Sheniy!!! Hope that you will have a great time here!!! :)

God bless you!!

Jesus Christ Driven

Jesus Christ Driven
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Thats good never give up you can crack the shell, we are all working on are cracking our shells too. this is a battle we face together

Edited by Jesus Christ Driven, 08 February 2014 - 02:00 PM.

ajchurney

ajchurney

• PipPip
  • 164 posts

hello Sheniy!

One of the best friends I have ever had is also a loner and extremely bookish. I also read books and enjoy sci-fi (my dad had an entire wall of bookshelves packed with 1st edition sci-fi books). I actually tend to be hyper-social in my personality, but struggle to have really close, best friends. My wife is truly my best friend  :grin: and I am totally thankful for her!! I do have two close male friends and adult sons I am close with, but with most people, it's hard to get past a surfacey, "churchy" sort of relationship.

One helpful thing in dealing with people is to identify any fears that you have and pray and deal with those. Public speaking is many people's biggest fear, and most of it is all illusion and nothing real. It sounds like you are moving forward and working on your social skills...BRAVO!!! I Encourage you to draw near personally to the Lord, always making your relationship with Him the foundation of your relationships within the church. If you Love the Lord with all your being, love for others flows from that connection with the God of love. It's all a love thang!!

Huge blessings, Andy

r3alchild

r3alchild
  • Members *
  • 47 posts

Hi everyone!

Peace,

Sheniy

Im sure you will be fine just be yourself.

P_W

P_W

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

A Worthy Welcome to you!  Hope you feel right at home!

Peace to you and God bless you much,

PrairWarur

baseballplaya92104

baseballplaya92104
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Welcome to the forum!

kaye4real

kaye4real
  • Members
  • 19 posts
Welcome! May God give you peace of mind here, and may you feel the love of God thru others here who Believe in His love as well.

chloe_fantastic

chloe_fantastic

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Welcome Shen :D

Sheniy

Sheniy

• PipPip
  • 249 posts

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. ^_^

Spock

Spock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcomes. ^_^

More of a passion, actually.

Not entirely sure what triggered it.  I think it might have been a Japanese-American character in a book series I read as an impressionable young child . I really identified with her except for her cultural heritage.  Hers was so different from mine. The book series didn't even discuss it all that much, but Japan was suddenly my second favorite country.

There were other things that came from Japan that I liked.  My friends Megumi and Tomoko.  Nintendo.  Gojira. (Rawr)

Eventually I came to a conclusion: Japan is just plain awesome.  Everything that comes from there is awesome.  They have better cartoons. Their language is beautiful.   I love their wacky humor. And washi paper. And sushi.  And ninjas. :ph34r: ('nuff said.)

Had an opportunity to go there for ministry last year, but I missed it.  I'm trying to learn the language, but I'm soooo easily distracted.   I would love to visit some day.  Maybe even live there.

I love sci fi too

:o  No way!

I am actually one quarter Trekkie...on my father's side. He's also part Hobbit.  (True story)

:D

Great movie directors and movies too.

Seven Samurai and Roshamon are two of my favorites. Rodan the Flying Monster thrilled me as a child.

It's funny, growing up, we were led to believe the Japanese and Chinese of course are the bad guys for obvious reasons. Sometimes we forget, even they are made in the image of God.

Thanks for sharing and caring.
Love you sis,
Spock

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network