christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Claim: Ancient City Found in India, Irradiated from Atomic Blast

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts

Just wondering what people think about this:

Ancient City Found in India, Irradiated from Atomic Blast

Radiation still so intense, the area is highly dangerous. A heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covers a three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. Scientists are investigating the site, where a housing development was being built.

For some time it has been established that there is a very high rate of birth defects and cancer in the area under construction. The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators' gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people. One researcher estimates that the nuclear bomb used was about the size of the ones dropped on Japan in 1945.

Read the rest here

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,740 posts

And yet..

http://www.historyma...ation-site.html

They are offering tours to the site (this is just one), and in the same report there is a picture of an impact crater (that they say may have been)  was caused by an atomic bomb, but no signs of radiation.

One wonders....

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,909 posts

The following item appeared in the New York Herald Tribune on February 16, 1947 (and was repeated by Ivan T. Sanderson in the January 1970 issue of his magazine, Pursuit):

When the first atomic bomb exploded in New Mexico, the desert sand turned to fused green glass. This fact, according to the magazine Free World, has given certain archaeologists a turn. They have been digging in the ancient Euphrates Valley and have uncovered a layer of agrarian culture 8,000 years old, and a layer of herdsman culture much older, and a still older caveman culture. Recently, they reached another layer of fused green glass.

It is well known that atomic detonations on or above a sandy desert will melt the silicon in the sand and turn the surface of the Earth into a sheet of glass. But if sheets of ancient desert glass can be found in various parts of the world, does it mean that atomic wars were fought in the ancient past or, at the very least, that atomic testing occurred in the dim ages of history?

This is a startling theory, but one that is not lacking in evidence, as such ancient sheets of desert glass are a geological fact. Lightning strikes can sometimes fuse sand, meteorologists contend, but this is always in a distinctive root-like pattern. These strange geological oddities are called fulgurites and manifest as branched tubular forms rather than as flat sheets of fused sand. Therefore, lightning is largely ruled out as the cause of such finds by geologists, who prefer to hold onto the theory of a meteor or comet strike as the cause. The problem with this theory is that there is usually no crater associated with these anomalous sheets of glass.

Brad Steiger and Ron Calais report in their book, Mysteries of Time and Space,1 that Albion W. Hart, one of the first engineers to graduate from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, was assigned an engineering project in the interior of Africa. While he and his men were traveling to an almost inaccessible region, they first had to cross a great expanse of desert.

"At the time he was puzzled and quite unable to explain a large expanse of greenish glass which covered the sands as far as he could see," writes Margarethe Casson in an article on Hart's life in the magazine Rocks and Minerals (no. 396, 1972). She then goes on to mention: "Later on, during his life, he passed by the White Sands area after the first atomic explosion there, and he recognized the same type of silica fusion which he had seen fifty years earlier in the African desert." 2

http://www.bibliotec...atomic_01.htm#2.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,909 posts

"Just as it was in the days of Noah"

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts

I can't even venture an opinion on this article....I just can't get my head around it.  Either the findings are wrong or....everything we think we know about civilizations is wrong.  :confused: 

anthonyjmcgirr

anthonyjmcgirr

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Wow this is quite amazing. I also cannot get my head around it.  Could there have been a massive fire that burned a whole town? Would that be hot enough to melt sand? 

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,909 posts

Wow this is quite amazing. I also cannot get my head around it.  Could there have been a massive fire that burned a whole town? Would that be hot enough to melt sand? 

I don't think so.  Sand has to get from 2,600 to 3,000 degrees F to melt.   That's not simple even in a controlled environment much less burning buildings.

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts

I can't even venture an opinion on this article....I just can't get my head around it.  Either the findings are wrong or....everything we think we know about civilizations is wrong.  :confused: 

Exactly

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,909 posts

Gen 6:4
4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.
NASB

traveller

traveller

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,976 posts

All you scientists out there - can asteroid strikes do this on any scale?

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,909 posts

All you scientists out there - can asteroid strikes do this on any scale?

I don't see how without making a crater...

ARGOSY

ARGOSY

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

I believe the early Sumerian, Egyptian and Indian civilizations were extremely technologically advanced.  Noah and his family must have taken a lot of technology with them on the ark and introduced this into the new world. The bible is more interested in the spirituality of man and not the technology and so does not describe unnecessary details. I believe a comet impact wiped out these civilizations about 2000 BC with the fall of the Old Kingdom and Akkadia  and Indus valley civilizations occurring around then. This also caused the sudden ice age (mammoths frozen for 4000 years)

Read this website:

http://www.bibliotec...p_vimanas_4.htm

Charles Berlitz, author of several books, including The Bermuda Triangle, was the grandson of the founder of the world-famous Berlitz schools, wrote:

vimanas_19.jpg"If atomic warfare were actually used in the distant past and not just imagined, there must still exist some indications of a civilization advanced enough to develop or even to know about atomic power. One does find in some of the ancient writings of India some descriptions of advanced scientific thinking which seemed anachronistic to the age from which they come.

The Jyotish (400 B. C) echoes the modern concept of the earth's place in the universe, the law of gravity, the kinetic nature of energy, and the theory of cosmic rays and also deals, in specialized but unmistakable vocabulary, with the theory of atomic rays. And what was thousands of years before the medieval theologians of Europe argued about the number of angels that could fit on the head of a pin.

Indian philosophers of the Vaisesika school were discussing atomic theory, speculating about heat being the cause of molecular change, and calculating the period of time taken by an atom to traverse its own space.

Readers of the Buddhist pali sutra and commentaries, who studied them before modern times, were frequently mystified by reference to the "tying together" of minute component parts of matter; although nowadays it is easy for a model reader to recognize an understandable description of molecular composition."

Nearly every Hindu and Buddhist in the world - hundreds of millions of people has heard of the ancient flying machines referred to in the Ramayana and other texts as vimanas.

Vimanas are mentioned even today in standard Indian literature and media reports. An article called “Flight Path” by the Indian journalist Mukul Sharma appeared in the major newspaper The Times of India on April 8, 1999 which talked about vimanas and ancient warfare: according to some interpretations of surviving texts, India’s future it seems happened way back in the past. Take the case of the Yantra Sarvasva, said to have been written by the sage Maharshi Bhardwaj.

This consists of as many as 40 sections of which one, the Vaimanika Prakarana dealing with aeronautics, has 8 chapters, a hundred topics and 500 sutras.

In it Bhardwaj describes vimana, or aerial aircrafts, as being of three classes:

1. those that travel from place to place; 
2. those that travel from one country to another; 
3. those that travel between planets.

Of special concern among these were the military planes whose functions were delineated in some very considerable detail and which read today like something clean out of science fiction.

For instance, they had to be:

Impregnable, unbreakable, non-combustible and indestructible capable of coming to a dead stop in the twinkling of an eye; invisible to enemies; capable of listening to the conversations and sounds in hostile planes; technically proficient to see and record things, persons, incidents and situations going on inside enemy planes; know at every stage the direction of the movement of other aircraft in the vicinity; capable of rendering the enemy crew into a state of suspended animation, intellectual torpor or complete loss of consciousness; capable of destruction; manned by pilots and co-travelers who could adapt in accordance with the climate in which they moved; temperature regulated inside; constructed of very light and heat absorbing metals; provided with mechanisms that could enlarge or reduce images and enhance or diminish sounds.

Notwithstanding the fact that such contraption would resemble a cross between an American state-of-the-art Stealth Fighter and a flying saucer, does it mean that air and space travel was well known to ancient Indians and airplanes flourished in India when the rest of the world was just learning the rudiments of agriculture?  Aerial battles and chases are common in ancient Hindu literature. What did these airships look like? The ancient Mahabharata speaks of a vimana as “an aerial chariot with the sides of iron and clad with wings.”

The Ramayana describes a vimana as a double-deck, circular (cylindrical) aircraft with portholes and a dome. It flew with the “ speed of the wind”, and gave forth a “melodious sound” The ancient Indians themselves wrote entire flight manuals on the care and control of various types of vimanas. The Samara Sutradhara is a scientific treatises dealing with every possible facet of air travel in a vimana. There are 230 stanzas dealing with construction, take-off, cruising for thousands of miles, normal and forced landings, and even possible collusions with birds! Would these texts exist (they do) without there being something to actually write about? Traditional historians and archaeologists simply ignore such writings as the imaginative ramblings of a bunch of stoned, ancient writers.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,909 posts

Archaeologists ignore pretty much anything that doesn't fit into their pre set vision of history.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,113 posts

And yet..

http://www.historyma...ation-site.html

They are offering tours to the site (this is just one), and in the same report there is a picture of an impact crater (that they say may have been)  was caused by an atomic bomb, but no signs of radiation.

One wonders....

Just wondering what people think about this:

Ancient City Found in India, Irradiated from Atomic Blast

Radiation still so intense, the area is highly dangerous. A heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covers a three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. Scientists are investigating the site, where a housing development was being built.

For some time it has been established that there is a very high rate of birth defects and cancer in the area under construction. The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators' gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people. One researcher estimates that the nuclear bomb used was about the size of the ones dropped on Japan in 1945.

Read the rest here

Is this the same place that was reported back in 2008 ? 

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,740 posts

Moved from outer court

Spock

Spock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
I would have to classify this one of two things:

1. Some kind of shooting star falling to earth
2. Some kind of hoax (honestly, I don't see nuclear bombs 12000 years ago as being logical)

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,806 posts

well they obviously got the dating wrong but no surprise there, very very interesting.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,909 posts

2. Some kind of hoax (honestly, I don't see nuclear bombs 12000 years ago as being logical)

look at how far we've come in the past 200 years.....   think about people living 800 to 900 years.

"There is nothing new under the sun"      "Just as it was in the days of Noah"

I can't see my way of posting the writings of the Veda or some of the old Egyptian mysticism writings, but it's full of these kinds of things, and the writings are very very old.  Keep in mind that Satan pretty much had trashed the whole of civilization before the flood....  I would think Noah was wise enough not to promote those kinds of things after the flood.

Spock

Spock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

look at how far we've come in the past 200 years.....   think about people living 800 to 900 years.

"There is nothing new under the sun"      "Just as it was in the days of Noah"

I can't see my way of posting the writings of the Veda or some of the old Egyptian mysticism writings, but it's full of these kinds of things, and the writings are very very old.  Keep in mind that Satan pretty much had trashed the whole of civilization before the flood....  I would think Noah was wise enough not to promote those kinds of things after the flood.

You know I have a great imagination, but I'm not feeling this one. But, I am open to believing other civilizations living on earth before Adam, so who knows?

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,909 posts

Consider that there are temples in south America that are built on top of 12,000 foot mountains and the huge stones of hundreds of thousands of pounds came from a different mountain miles away.

How did they cut those stones so close that you can't put a knife or credit card between them, and move them up the sides of mountains that can barely be climbed....

Technology that we don't even have today that we are aware of....

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network