christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Noah's Ark

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

• PipPip
  • 227 posts

One of the kids brought this article to my attention and you may find it interesting.

http://www.sunnyskyz...-Us-In-The-Dark

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,681 posts
Ron Wyatt has been known as a fraud, so why should his words be taken as truth now?

He also claims to of found the exact location where the Red Sea parted, the location of Mt. Sinai, the Ark of the Covenant and actual blood of Jesus Christ.

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,886 posts

Yeah, Wyatt is not a trustworthy source.

• PipPip
  • 227 posts

Ron Wyatt has been known as a fraud, so why should his words be taken as truth now?He also claims to of found the exact location where the Red Sea parted, the location of Mt. Sinai, the Ark of the Covenant and actual blood of Jesus Christ.

OK. Don't know Ron Wyatt.

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,681 posts

Ron Wyatt has been known as a fraud, so why should his words be taken as truth now?He also claims to of found the exact location where the Red Sea parted, the location of Mt. Sinai, the Ark of the Covenant and actual blood of Jesus Christ.

OK. Don't know Ron Wyatt.

Didn't you read the article you linked to?

In 1977 Ron Wyatt visited the site. Obtaining official permission, Ron and others conducted more thorough research over a period of several years. They used metal detection surveys, subsurface radar scans, and chemical analysis -- real science -- and their findings were startling. The evidence was undeniable. This was the Ark of Noah.

Any article that uses Ron as a reliable source automatically is questionable.

Spock

Spock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
I don't know who Ron Wyatt is either.

Are you saying this article is a complete fraud with zero credibility?

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,886 posts

Ron Wyatt made all kinds of claims that could never be verified, even claiming to have found and reanimated some of the blood of Jesus from the top of Golgotha.

Jesus didnt die on top of Golgotha.  He died in front of it, in front of the skull like rock face, where hundreds of people were crucified.  The notion that Jesus was crucified on top of a hill is based on a song, not on the Scriptures.  So Wyatt's claim that he found Jesus' blood on top of Golgotha is one good example of the lying fraud he was.

Spock

Spock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
Ok, he fabricated Golgotha, is there a chance this one isn't?
This article looks pretty reliable. What doesn't look kosher?

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,175 posts

Blessings 2404

I think it is a very nice article,I certainly believe everything written in Gods Word & I believe the Ark (if there is anything left of it) must be somewhere, so I do not find this hard to consider as a wonderful discovery but it is very "old " news.....I saw documentaries  & other programs about this expodition on A&E,Discovery,Nat Geo& the History channel throughout the years & I always enjoy it......

As far as Mr Wyatt,I don't know.......I think he is very enthusiastic to say the least and since I have not been to this place or examined any of the data collected personally I really am not in any position to say anything except,"very interesting"

With love,in Christ-Kwik

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,886 posts

Here are all things that Wyatt has claimed to discover:

First, a partial list of Ron Wyatt's claimed discoveries and accomplishments:

• Noah's Ark (the Durupinar site, for which he has been the prime promoter)
  • Stone sea anchors believed to be used by Noah to steer the vessel into the wind
  • Petrified timbers from the Ark that were used as memorials in an Armenian graveyard
  • Noah's sacrifice area at the site
  • A large stone carving near the Ark picturing 8 people coming out of the side, with a rainbow above the boat, and inscriptions in Summerian, Hurrian, and Urartian identifying this formation as the Ark of Noah
  • Trainloads of petrified pre-flood wood that had no tree rings on the site
  • Corroded metal fittings, found in rows, delineating the "ribs of the ship," as indicated by metal detectors and especially a "molecular frequency generator"
  • A house that Noah built
  • Stones on this house containing inscriptions that recorded details about the Deluge
  • A pictograph of eight people leaving a large wave of water with a boat perched above it
  • Noah's grave
  • Mrs. Noah's grave (containing a fortune-her gold and jewelry)
  • The Ark of the Covenant (under the exact spot where Jesus was crucified)
  • The Menorah (a seven-branched candelabra), the Table of Shewbread, and the Golden Altar of Incense from the ancient Temple
  • Christ's blood, scraped off of the Mercy Seat of the Ark of the Covenant
  • DNA analysis of the blood indicates that Christ was born of a virgin
  • The true site of Christ's crucifixion and the stone socket in which the cross was placed
  • Verified the tomb of Christ was the actual tomb
  • Claimed Jesus' tomb was sealed with a Roman iron spike, still visible
  • Moses' stone tablets containing the Ten Commandments, held together with golden hinges
  • Solved the problem of the construction of the pyramids
  • Also the problems in Egyptian chronology
  • Discovered the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah
  • Discovered sulfur balls from the same
  • The true site of the Israelites' Red Sea crossing
  • A stone monument near the site erected by Solomon, inscribed with the ancient Hebrew script
  • Horse and human skeletons from Pharaoh's drowned army
  • Gold covered chariot wheels and chariot parts
  • The true Mount Sinai
  • The 12 altars built by Moses in Exodus 24
  • The actual rock Moses struck to release water at Kadesh
  • The site of Korah's earthquake where the ground swallowed up Korah and his followers
  • Knows how the Shroud of Turin was forged
  • Has cracked the code of the Copper Scroll
  • Claimed (on tape) that he can read any ancient inscription
  • Discovered the pillars of Solomon
  • The tomb of the Patriarchs, the cave of Machpelah
  • Moses was known in Egyptian history as Thutmosa III
  • Joseph was the builder of the first pyramid
  • Storage bins Joseph used during the drought in Egypt
  • Bones of giant pre-flood people
  • Ancient Canaanite burial pots at Ashkelon

Wow!  One man – working part time – on his vacations!!  How is this possible?

http://tccsa.tc/articles/wyatt.html

That would make him the greatest archeologist of all time.  Problem is, he isn't an archeologist and hasn't even got an IAA  license to be doing archeological digs in Israel where many of these things are claimed to have been found.  The man is a fraud. ~ Shiloh

Further doubt as to Wyatt's credibility was supplied by Dr. Jim Fleming, founder and former director of the Jerusalem Center for Biblical Studies (located at Tantur) and an editorial advisor to Biblical Archaeology Review.  He told me in the summer of 1993 that he had originally been asked by Wyatt to be his archaeological advisor during his excavations at Mount Calvary.  Because Dr. Dan Bahat, a Jerusalem archaeologist and lecturer at Hebrew University, had agreed to sponsor the dig, Fleming tentatively agreed.  After spending time with Wyatt at the site, however, Fleming became alarmed at both his claims and techniques.  In one instance, Fleming saw Wyatt drop a hammer down into a large crack in the mountain.  Later, Wyatt offered as proof that he had discovered the Ark a metal-detector reading that indicated a metal object within the rock.  Fleming says he left after this incident.  Others have given similar disturbing reports concerning Wyatt's conduct at the site.  One such observer, the Reverend John Woods, noted, “I saw him explaining to a group that a piece of metal embedded in the face of the Garden Tomb was part of the seal Pilate had placed upon the tomb.  In fact it was a piece of shrapnel from the war [in 1967].”24     http://tccsa.tc/articles/wyatt.html 

Isaiah 6:8

Isaiah 6:8

Royal Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,873 posts

Not to mention the shape of the ark as far as I know was not "Ship" shaped. but barge shaped something like this. Lee-ark-depiction.jpg

Spock

Spock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Not to mention the shape of the ark as far as I know was not "Ship" shaped. but barge shaped something like this. Lee-ark-depiction.jpg

You guys are party-poopers here on this thread. ;)

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Ive seen several documentaries, other then by ron wyatt that have that as one possible location of the ark. They suggest the shape is from the wood sagging, and that its strong evidence because it wasnt there over a 100 years ago. The documentaries I watched however, said they wernt sure, and some of the evidence that wyatt listed was obviously fabricated-such as the anchors. the design of the ark was such that it would have naturally turned into the wind and large enough to be virtually impossible to sink with the dimensions God gave him, anchors used to steer would have been completly useless.

The documentary, also pointed out, that this formation, was originally farther up the mountain and recently slid down due to a mudslide, so the chance of finding noahs house, or other ancient markings stating that this is the ark at that site, are minimal at best, since this formation wasnt in its current location for that long, so they wouldn't be around.

I see no reason why pre-flood trees would be different then post flood trees, they would have tree rings.

I have heard from other sources that metal fittings were found, but that isn't condusive as other cultures could have used them.

I would find it interesting that they can tell by DNA that the blood was from a virgin birth. You have to have a complete set of DNA to be human-Jesus was human so its logical to assume he had a complete set of DNA, and the only way I can see to tell is if Jesus only had a half set of DNA which is impossible. . .

anyway just thought id point that out. . .

Omegaman

Omegaman

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

I would find it interesting that they can tell by DNA that the blood was from a virgin birth. You have to have a complete set of DNA to be human-Jesus was human so its logical to assume he had a complete set of DNA, and the only way I can see to tell is if Jesus only had a half set of DNA which is impossible. . .

I see no reason why pre-flood trees would be different then post flood trees, they would have tree rings.

I wonder how large a sample scientists have of people pruduced from single parent conceptions (virgin births are not uncommon - think about surrogate moms - no reason they cannot have virgin births). I do not think we have enough samples to study to understand what the DNA of Jesus would have looked like. Personally, I do not know what to expect once the miraculous is involved.

Perhaps the notion that before the flood, there was no seasons as we know them, the water canopy, the untilted axis of the earth etc, making climate uniform year round, meant the growth of trees was uniform too, so no annual variations to cause rings?

..... but Ron Wyatt does appear to be a Lying Kook

OldSchool2

OldSchool2

• Worthy Writers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

It looks more like the world's first "cargo container".

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

That is interesting picture of the ark, I would of never guess it would look like that. amazing!

Which reminds me I am making a baby blanket of Noah's Ark theme for family.

This thread caught my eye. I have never heard of Wyatt either.

Spock

Spock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
Speaking of Noah, just got back from seeing this at the movies.

Spock's review (free of charge):

The first half was great. Very creative and pretty cool to view.

The second half......well, that was a different matter.

Spoilers alert

I don't mind directors taking license when they are filling in the gaps, but I don't like it when they deliberately change the truth to make it say what they want. And that is exactly what this director did. Sigh. Too bad, he ruined what looked like a promising movie. One instance of erasing truth-the Bible says Noah's sons were married and all the wives entered the arc. This dude makes a big deal to show only one son had a wife and one of the other sons (Ham) was very bummed by not having him a woman to snuggle up with at night. Sniff sniff. Don't you feel sorry for the poor lad? Well, if it were true, maybe I would.

If it wasn't bad enough that Noah erroneously believed his purpose from the Creator was to wipe out all of mankind (while saving the animals), it got worse when Noah ultimately had to make a decision that he believed "disobeyed" God, putting him in a not so righteous light if you ask me. This was not exactly good reporting. Noah was a RIGHTEOUS MAN and he should not be portrayed in any less manner.

The ending was ok, but the damage was done.

It was very visual and pleasing to the eyes, and the music accompanying it was outstanding, and the acting was good to great. Great by Russell Crowe, Tubal Cain, and the young girl. Good by everyone else.

6 out of 10.

BTW, the shape of the arc was pretty much like this photo above. Very cool arc. (The big dudes building it were pretty cool too (The Watchers).

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,651 posts

May I ask where you heard this movie was based on the Bible?

Spock

Spock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

I hadn't heard anything about the movie from anyone who saw it and I read no reviews. I went in cold. I wanted to judge for myself without being tainted.  Now I know firsthand.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,651 posts

I hadn't heard anything about the movie from anyone who saw it and I read no reviews. I went in cold. I wanted to judge for myself without being tainted.  Now I know firsthand.

Well, I haven't seen the movie, but I have asked several people about it largely because I really have not plans to see it.   From what I read and what several close friends have said it appears to be a very good movie based on the Kabbalah and some Gnostic teaching.

In hind sight we should have expected something like that out of Hollywood.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network