christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Living in a fallen world

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

What does that mean to each person, believer and nonbeliever. Do you expect pessimism, or do you see hope on the horizon.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,490 posts

"Hope is patience with the lamp lit"

I don't see it on the horizon, it's not something I am searching for, I am living in it.

There is a reason we are told to be the lamp on the hill 

gray wolf

gray wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

The fallen world we live in is full of horror and sadness.  Inexplicable suffering occurs and we sometimes wonder why. . .  it doesn't make sense.  But God gave us with at least three things that give hope:  1)  human intelligence and ingenuity.  Although it is sometimes used for evil, it gives us science and medicine.  Technology to make our lives better and combat disease and pestilence.  2) Human love. Not only our loved ones, but altruistic good will to make life better for those suffering.  I think of the numerous charities such as Doctors without Borders and United Catholic Charities.  And those selfless efforts by countless individuals who volunteer their time to help other less fortunate.  3) The Creator came as a person and offered His life for us.  We have a Redeemer now and He will be victorious over this sad world one day soon.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts

Blessings to All!

We are in the world but not of the world.............I always see the glass 1/2 full because I have the joy of the Lord & my Precious Savior abides in me & I in Him & we in the Father................His Holy Spirit is with me 24/7,Praise & Glory to God!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

What does that mean to each person, believer and nonbeliever. Do you expect pessimism, or do you see hope on the horizon.

I think that we live in a very dark and evil world.Satan is the prince of this world.Although Jesus is the King.I do not think this world is going to get any better in fact I think it is going to get very,very bad with the upcoming tribulation.Our world will not be at peace until the coming in of the millenium.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,608 posts

I think that we live in a very dark and evil world.Satan is the prince of this world.Although Jesus is the King.I do not think this world is going to get any better in fact I think it is going to get very,very bad with the upcoming tribulation.Our world will not be at peace until the coming in of the millenium.

There is also an incredible confusion, denial and a lack of Common Sense which I doubt that any of us have ever seen before. It's baffling and it's depressing. I've never known such an inversion of morals.  I believe that Satan is wording harder than ever before to spread mischief, chaos and lies. This is a sign that we are approaching the end.

God will triumph, but we have to be patient.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

There is also an incredible confusion, denial and a lack of Common Sense which I doubt that any of us have ever seen before. It's baffling and it's depressing. I've never known such an inversion of morals.  I believe that Satan is wording harder than ever before to spread mischief, chaos and lies. This is a sign that we are approaching the end.

God will triumph, but we have to be patient.

What morals?I work with many,many people.Their is not one person out of many of those that I respect their character,morals,values or intergrity.Pretty sad :(

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,114 posts

What morals?I work with many,many people.Their is not one person out of many of those that I respect their character,morals,values or intergrity.Pretty sad :(

You need to move to Oklahoma...

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts

Blessings to All

Oklahoma is a really nice place & I have met really nice people from there & many other places....I do live in a very transient place(South Florida)and I meet all walks of life,Christians & non and the world still has many beautiful,God fearing,saved ,sanctified,moral & wonderful folks with lots of good values & integrity........to God be the Glory!

With love in Christ-Kwik

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Oh yea?No sin there?

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,114 posts

Oh yea?No sin there?

i worked for Xerox for 37 or so years and was in hundreds of offices......   most of the people I dealt with were christians and had high character, morals and values.         We do have sin, and we do have some that fit your description of the many there.

So if you do want to find some good folks come on down......    not everyone, but a bunch...

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Oh yea?No sin there?

i worked for Xerox for 37 or so years and was in hundreds of offices......   most of the people I dealt with were christians and had high character, morals and values.         We do have sin, and we do have some that fit your description of the many there.

So if you do want to find some good folks come on down......    not everyone, but a bunch...

How long ago was that?

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts

As you say we live in a fallen world.  I see my hope in Christ.  My hope in Glory.  My home, my real home lies in Heaven with my Savoir.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,114 posts

Oh yea?No sin there?

How long ago was that?

three or so years....        Now I meet people for coffee, lunch and attend church with a lot of good people around here.  Our neighborhood watch group meets in our local church (not the one we attend) and there are a lot of Christians in that group too.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts

Blessings Dave,

God Bless you & let me welcome you to Worthy to this beautiful place that God has so Lovingly Blessed us with,to God be the Glory

I do not  understand what you mean by we all know good"g"gods.......I only Praise & Worship the One ,True ,Living ,God Almighty .......as far as the god of this world ,he may have alot of freedom to go about like a lion ,seeking who he may devour but as far as this Child of the Most High God,he does not have any legals legal rights to this"Gods Property"!

So,yes this can be a dark & evil world but being covered by that Precious Blood our Lord & Savior ,Christ Jesus & i am not of it & I am a lamp to shine Gods light upon its darkness .Let him who has ears, hear the Word of God.....Praise the Lord

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts

Blessings Dave,

God Bless you & let me welcome you to Worthy to this beautiful place that God has so Lovingly Blessed us with,to God be the Glory

I do not  understand what you mean by we all know good"g"gods.......I only Praise & Worship the One ,True ,Living ,God Almighty .......as far as the god of this world ,he may have alot of freedom to go about like a lion ,seeking who he may devour but as far as this Child of the Most High God,he does not have any legals legal rights to this"Gods Property"!

So,yes this can be a dark & evil world but being covered by that Precious Blood our Lord & Savior ,Christ Jesus & i am not of it & I am a lamp to shine Gods light upon its darkness .Let him who has ears, hear the Word of God.....Praise the Lord

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Hi Dave and welcome to Worthy.  

The Bible tells us we are in the world not of it.  That means that while we live in the fallen world it does not mean we have to accept what the defeated prince of darkness has said about us because he is the father of lies so why would we listen to his voice instead of the voice of our Savior.  

We serve a living Savior who has already won the war for us and has given us the position of victory in Him.  In Him we live and move and have our being, We are not bound by the enemy in anyway because we have already been set free by  the finished work of the cross!

So take hold of that blessed assurance with boldness and confidence and  stand firm on The Rock knowing that the ground is sure and solid because He is already there. All you have to do is ask and then trust Him that He will answer.  

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts

Blessings Rusty Angel

Amen! Yes,Amen Sweet Sister.......................Worthy is the Lamb of God! Halleluliah!

With lots of love,In Christ-Kwik

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Good Morning DRS81,  very good topic... it gives us something to reflect on and to respond to, it opens our minds,  :thumbsup:

I see Hope.

The scripture Proverbs 4:23 comes to my mind. With regarding our life and hope. It starts with guarding your mind, protect it, because life flows from it.

It is our human nature to pull us into the defilement of sin at times with seeking to destroy our hope...and a life with God.

Always, seeing Hope. When my mind starts feeling down or negative feelings set in, that is a sign for me to get alone with God and refresh. Cause what ever i am attracting in my mind good or bad can see my life blury, distorted outlook on things.

desi

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts

Good Morning DRS81,  very good topic... it gives us something to reflect on and to respond to, it opens our minds,  :thumbsup:

I see Hope.

The scripture Proverbs 4:23 comes to my mind. With regarding our life and hope. It starts with guarding your mind, protect it, because life flows from it.

It is our human nature to pull us into the defilement of sin at times with seeking to destroy our hope...and a life with God.

Always, seeing Hope. When my mind starts feeling down or negative feelings set in, that is a sign for me to get alone with God and refresh. Cause what ever i am attracting in my mind good or bad can see my life blury, distorted outlook on things.

desi

Amen desi... We need to keep looking up!  That is where our answer is.

ajchurney

ajchurney

• PipPip
  • 164 posts

Hey everyone!

Living in a fallen world.....

I believe that the deterioration of morality and decency is horrible, but to be expected in the last days. The NT is not lacking in bleak prophetic descriptions of this! However, this is no reason for despair for the true Christian. The truth is that the indwelling Holy Spirit has lost none of His power, love, or authority. When Jesus was risen, He said that ALL authority in heaven and earth had been given to Him. By my calculations, ALL doesn't leave any for the devil. This is pretty good news! As Rustyangel said, we already have the victory because Christ won it for us. The victory was so thorough, Paul used a word describing the Roman victory parade to relate how Christ had triumphed over the demonic powers by the cross (col 2:15). In a Roman victory parade, the enemy was completely humiliated and dragged publicly through the streets to demonstrate total dominance.

Why do I think this matters in light of the topic??

The only tactic demons have anymore is to deceive us, to take us captive by lies and falsehood and put us in bondage in our minds so that we do not walk out the victory already won for us. The sickest thing is that most of us fall for it! It is my determination to listen so carefully and steadfastly to the Lord my God that I no longer fall for the ploys of our enemy. As Fez said, we are the light on a hill! The greater the darkness, the brighter the light will be in contrast. We are not called to live for the things of this world, but to have ALL of our hope in Christ. Christ is just as awesome as He ever has been. His cross and His blood are just as effective also. 

I truly consider these to be the most exciting times one could hope to live in, because some of us will almost certainly see with our eyes the return of Jesus Christ, of which the church has been longing for and expectantly waiting for. (Eschatology aside here for a moment please!) Amazing things have already happened in our lifetime. Hundreds of millions of Chinese have been saved under persecution and censure. Russia opened up and hundreds of churches were founded there. The gospel has spread so aggressively that third-world nations are sending missionaries to USA now!! We need to walk in the victory paid for by the blood of Christ and do not be afraid nor dismayed, for the Lord our God is not only with us, but IN us, if we are born of the Spirit.

If we truly know Who lives inside us, nothing outside of us is to be feared! 

Onward Christian Soldiers......Andy

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network