christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Turin Shroud may have been created by earthquake from time of Jesus?

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

jst5

jst5
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Rather funny that everyone has now thrown out the carbon dating number and seen it as flawed and now view the Shroud as something from the time of Jesus and might very well be Him...but the image wasn't made by Him but an earthquake or some other explainable way.

Science...got to "love" it.

Edited by jst5, 12 February 2014 - 09:37 PM.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,048 posts
....the Shroud as something from the time of Jesus and might very well be Him....

~

Head Shot, Click, Click~!

Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie, And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself. John 20:6-7

~

Dear Brother For

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

Sure

For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 2:Corinthians 5:7

We Flee

Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen. 1 John 5:21

To Jesus Our Rock

In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me. Psalms 31:1-3

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Blessings jst..

Thank you for sharing this article & welcome to Worthy,Praise the Lord! This shroud may or may not be the Shroud that wrapped the Body of our Blessed Savior but what really tickles me is the way the "experts" speculate how this impression could have been made as if they have had seen other impressions similar t this one to evaluate......LOL,how many shrouds have been discovered with someones image imbedded deep within the fabric?How many shrouds have not had some evidence of remains still inside?  What???

Someday when we get to Heaven,the Lord may very well say,"I left so many things for all  to "see" & believe"......

Glory to God,the fact is....He took our place on that cross & HE IS RISEN!!!!!!Our Redeemer lives!May we be Blessed that we believe & have not seen................ (John 20:29)

With love,in Christ-Kwik

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,194 posts

When they took samples for the purpose of carbon dating, they took fabric from a patch that had been sewed on during the middle ages.   The shroud had been through a fire and had been repaired. That is why they got the date of somewhere in the 1200s for the date of the cloth.

In addition to that, the shroud, when it was displayed back the middle ages was held up by the corners in the bare hands of priests and one of the patches was a long one of those corners.  The pollen that was in the open air and the oils from the skin of the priests who held up the shroud on various occasions would have also contriubted to the erroneious date. All of that stuff would still be left trapped in the fibers of the cloth.

It is interesting how much influence this cloth has had on the Christian faith in terms of how we picture Jesus.   It is the source for all of the midieval pictures of the face of Jesus.  The reason people picture Jesus with long hair goes all the way back to the shroud.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Blessings Shiloh,,,

That is all true....I have read so much on this & unfortunately when I was in Italy it was not available for public viewing but they have many lectures on the shroud & I love the oral traditions told by the people,of course i do have a love for Italy the home of my ancestors........Thanks for sharing!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,066 posts

When they took samples for the purpose of carbon dating, they took fabric from a patch that had been sewed on during the middle ages.   The shroud had been through a fire and had been repaired. That is why they got the date of somewhere in the 1200s for the date of the cloth.

In addition to that, the shroud, when it was displayed back the middle ages was held up by the corners in the bare hands of priests and one of the patches was a long one of those corners.  The pollen that was in the open air and the oils from the skin of the priests who held up the shroud on various occasions would have also contriubted to the erroneious date. All of that stuff would still be left trapped in the fibers of the cloth.

It is interesting how much influence this cloth has had on the Christian faith in terms of how we picture Jesus.   It is the source for all of the midieval pictures of the face of Jesus.  The reason people picture Jesus with long hair goes all the way back to the shroud.

I have heard it said it was also because he was a Nazarene.

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,066 posts
Isn't it strange we have 'A Book' that can be examined in such depths that the heart
can be assured to such an extent to not need anything further... why not just go that
way
2 Tim 3:14-17
14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of,
knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the
holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which
is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable
for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That
the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

The masses of people trying desperately through the flesh trying to get to God other
than the designated way- (it certainly brings to mind this verse)
John 10:1-5
10 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold,
but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2 But he that entereth
in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep
hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. 4 And when he
putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they
know his voice. 5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they
know not the voice of strangers.
KJV

Love, Steven

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Blessings enoooob!!!!!

God bless you my Brother!!!!!If I may,Jesus was/is a Nazarene .....not a Nazarite.It was not that be took the vows of a Nazarite  ....He is Jesus of  Nazareth ,the True Branch!

With love in Christ-kwik

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,066 posts
There is considerable meditation on this! As Jesus came into, the world, a shamed placed of
rampant sin and according to a vow laid up before time was in The God Head that He should take
on sin so that His Perfection could be given for their imperfection by death... I could see
Him doing this according to The Scriptures-
Num 6 all
Then in perfection keeping His vow perfectly He was ready for the Cross
to accept the shame of man upon Himself with the sign of shame
1 Cor 11:14
14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

Isa 50:6-7
6 I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my
face from shame and spitting. 7 For the Lord God will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded:
therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.
KJV

I can't imagine His Life here in an unholy place with unholy people that He might accomplish a Holy
Bride for Himself by The Will of The Father... Love, Steven

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Blessings Brother Noobs

Yes,& some controversy also.......for me I see that His vow was to take our place to reconcile us back to the Father......that we be Saved by His Grace,,His purpose in coming here........He was born without sin,unlike that of any man

Glory to God!!!!!! This is how I interpret these verses                 Thanks for sharing them

With love in Christ-Kwik

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,194 posts

It had nothing to do with Him being a Nazarene.   Being a Nazarene simply meant he was from the town of Nazareth.   Being a Nazarite is a different and Jesus is never mentioned in the Bible as a Nazarite.  I think you are mistaken there.

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,066 posts

It had nothing to do with Him being a Nazarene.   Being a Nazarene simply meant he was from the town of Nazareth.   Being a Nazarite is a different and Jesus is never mentioned in the Bible as a Nazarite.  I think you are mistaken there.

I made a statement of beliefs... I did not say it was mine :thumbsup:

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

I do not need any evidence of Jesus Christ.He is right here in my heart.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,099 posts

if he had taken the Nazarite vow, he would not have cut his hair....   but he also would not have drank any wine at all.

While he was from Nazareth, it doesn't appear that he had taken that vow.

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,066 posts
I think you easily have shown that to be the case :thumbsup:

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,066 posts

I like to base it on His Word as objective truth to others... As this allows
for them to discover the reality of His Presence based on nothing of themselves
but solely upon His Person formed from His Word. The personal of it comes
naturally also based on His Word
Rom 8:16
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit,
that we are the children of God:
KJV

I have examined those who have built off their emotional aspects (this is
in no way relating to you)
they seem to be more easily swayed about by different

beliefs... 'if it reels right' sort of stuff and I try to dissuade that as much as I can

by the above!  Love, Steven

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,548 posts

Amen to that, Bopeep!  :mgbowtie: 

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network