christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello from Quirkybird

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

Quirkybird

Quirkybird
  • Banned
  • 13 posts

I came across this forum, and thought I would have a look and see how I get on. I am an agnostic in my 60s, but was a 'born again' in my youth, which wasn't the happiest of experiences I have to admit.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,563 posts

Welcome~!

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,457 posts

Blessings QuirkyBird!

What a cute name-lol    Welcome to Worthy! I am so sorry that you had an unpleasant experience in your youth & sometimes things can happen to change it all around for you,because Jesus loves you so much.......I pray you are touched by that love through us here at Worthy were you have not come by chance......to God be the Glory!

With love,in Christ-Kwik.

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts

Welcome to Worthy and may you renew your acquaintance with the lover of our souls- Jesus. 

Quirkybird

Quirkybird
  • Banned
  • 13 posts

I haven't yet found any reason to change my agnostic stance. I have read the Bible from cover to cover many times and with each reading it only confirms my thoughts on the subject. I realise my POV might be hard to take for some,and it could be that my presence on the forum might be unwelcome, as it has been on some other religious forums.

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,906 posts

Welcome.  Since you are seeking for truth, I changed your group accordingly.  Praying you will find the truth while you are here.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,457 posts

Blessings QuirkyBird

I do believe you will find that Worthy is not a "religious" forum & quite different from any other you may have been to.We do so welcome you with open arms,all are welcome here.May I ask what you hoped to gain by coming to a Christian forum,besides seeing how you would "get on?"

With love,in Christ -Kwik

Quirkybird

Quirkybird
  • Banned
  • 13 posts

As Christianity is just a religion like any other it is a religious forum, imo. I do know some Christians of the fundamentalist persuasion don't accept it as a religion, but most other Christians do.

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,022 posts

I haven't yet found any reason to change my agnostic stance. I have read the Bible from cover to cover many times and with each reading it only confirms my thoughts on the subject. I realise my POV might be hard to take for some,and it could be that my presence on the forum might be unwelcome, as it has been on some other religious forums.

Did you read where is says that every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord?

Romans 14:11

New International Version
It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.

Quirkybird

Quirkybird
  • Banned
  • 13 posts

I have read what the Bible has to say, but being an agnostic I don't have the belief system to accept what it says as 'true'. 

Hippie333

Hippie333

Veteran Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Welcome to Worthy Quirky !

If I may ask of you, each reading confirms what thoughts? What is it that you find when you read?

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,563 posts

As Christianity is just a religion like any other it is a religious forum, imo. I do know some Christians of the fundamentalist persuasion don't accept it as a religion, but most other Christians do.

:)

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 2 Corinthians 5:20

• PipPip
  • 227 posts

I came across this forum, and thought I would have a look and see how I get on. I am an agnostic in my 60s, but was a 'born again' in my youth, which wasn't the happiest of experiences I have to admit.

How can the 'born again' experience not be a joyous experience? I understand the two to be synonymous. I understand that trials are after the fact necessary for growth but of course we expect that.

I guess I'm not following what you are saying.

• PipPip
  • 227 posts

True, if it is just a religion than we have missed the boat and are simply worshiping a God of our own imagination. But isn't it also true that there can't be a imitation (a false copy) without there being a 'real' to copy from.

Truth is there and He is faithful we just have to take Him at His Word and press in.

Looking at the examples in scripture the believers didn't just sit back and coast through.

• PipPip
  • 227 posts

I have read what the Bible has to say, but being an agnostic I don't have the belief system to accept what it says as 'true'. 

I think you have got more than you give yourself credit for or you wouldn't be here...

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

hello and welcome to worthy.

Maui Ice

Maui Ice

• PipPip
  • 135 posts

I know my belief in Christ has been a great journey for me despite the ups and downs and tragedies of life. I am led by faith that Jesus Christ is who he said he is. I love that he gives us an everlasting promise and peavce of eternal life in Heaven and that his sacrifice made it possible for Grace to wash away our daily sins.

I pray that you enjoy the forums here and know that God's love is always around you.

chrisstavrous

chrisstavrous
  • Members *
  • 14 posts

Hello Quirkybird.

Edited by chrisstavrous, 17 February 2014 - 07:05 AM.

Hashe

Hashe
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Hi Quirky,

I'm also new here. I hope it is a pleasant experience for both of us.

I also hope you find the truth for which you are looking.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network