christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Just Joined

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

Seeking1

Seeking1
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Hi, I don't have much I want to say about myself right now. I am female and I consider myself a believer. I signed up here for the purpose of asking questions to see the opinions of those from a more Christian standpoint, rather than chatting on a secular forum, while remaining more anonymous.  I am more interested in the perspective(s) of (a) professing believer(s) than those who do NOT believe at all.  I hope any questions I may ask are thought provoking and beneficial in some way. Thanks! 

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,320 posts

Welcome to Worthy.  :thumbsup:

May I ask who is Jesus to you? 

Seeking1

Seeking1
  • Members
  • 27 posts

The only Jesus I have sought after is the Jesus Christ laid out in the Bible (although I admit my faith isn't the best it could be).  The Bible teaches that every man is a sinner and needs a Saviour in order to go to Heaven. Jesus Christ makes the most sense as the Messiah foretold in the Old Testament, and He lived the perfect life in the place of every sinner and took the punishment of every sinner by dying in the crucifixion. Salvation is through faith alone in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. He died and rose again after 3 1/2 days in the grave. Jesus Christ's salvation applies only to those who truly believe.

However, I have been uncertain about what role repentance plays in salvation and what it means exactly. There is a lot of confusion on the internet about what role repentance plays in the gospel (and even how to define it). I consider myself a Christian in the sense that I am still seeking the Christian God and I have at least found the Bible to be the most accurate of all religions. I am not sure that I am actually saved. However, I have assented to the facts of the gospel given by the Bible, although my faith my not be strong enough. How do you define Jesus, ncn?

Thanks!

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,042 posts

Romans 10

9 Because if you confess the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses unto salvation.
11 For the Scripture says, "Everyone believing on Him shall not be put to shame."

This is what we need to be saved. 

As for repentence, someone who trusts in the Lord, who wants to follow the Lord, who wants to turn away from their sinful past and live as the Lord wishes us to live .... that is repentence. 

Who is Jesus? He is the Son of God, part of the Trinity of God, who lived, died for our sins and rose again. Without Whom the world would be lost. Without whom I would be lost in sin. 

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,906 posts

Welcome~!

~

However, I have been uncertain about what role repentance plays in salvation and what it means exactly....

There is a lot of confusion on the internet about what role repentance plays in the gospel (and even how to define it).....

:thumbsup:

As A Child

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones. Proverbs 3:5-8

Trust

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

Him

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:8-10

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,899 posts

Hi and welcome to Worthy.Nice to have you with us.Ask away...  :grin:

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,084 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

RustyAngeL

RustyAngeL

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,564 posts

Welcome to Worthy!

Because He Lives!!  Rustyangel

chloe_fantastic

chloe_fantastic

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Welcome Seeking

jmlusa2000

jmlusa2000

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Welcome to worthy!! :) 

Maui Ice

Maui Ice

• PipPip
  • 135 posts

Welcome to Worthy forums! Faith is an amazing thing. I know even in my short life so far many people have questioned why I believe and where's the proof. I trust the Bible 100%, literally, and know my God to not be a liar. I have faith that he did die for my sins even though I wasn't around 2000+ years ago to witness it; I know it in my heart.

May God bless you!

BeauJangles

BeauJangles

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Dear Sister, I admire the humble and open-hearted comments you have posted in this forum. Your chosen name Seeking1, expresses much sincerity of you inner-most holy desires. I also believe the One you are seeking, is longing for a deeper and more fulfilling relationship with you. You know Him by name... His everlasting arms are waiting for your invitation to embrace and surround you with His love. Won't you allow Him further access into your heart? Don't be afraid, Seeking1. He only wants to heal the wounded and broken things... He brought you to this ministry. It was not by mere circumstance. All you have been searching for, you will find it here. Welcome home, Seeking1. The Lord your God is Worthy.

David/BeauJangles       

Luke 11: 9 Seek and ye shall find. (KJV)

ajchurney

ajchurney

• PipPip
  • 164 posts

Welcome! You have come to a great place to ask questions and find solid answers. Search the different threads and read through some that speak to some of your questions, then start asking the questions you still are unclear on. These boards are open, so you will see some, well, different kinds of comments here and there, but most of the strange ones get quickly corrected in love. I trust you will be very blessed by what you read, and meet some true friends here.

Blessings, Andy

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Blessings Seeking1

Welcome to Worthy,,,,,,God Bless you & ask all you want,the Lord has lead you to His Blessed place......to be with His little flock of sheep.we embrace you(as He does!)Praise & Glory to God

You sound saved to me,Halleluliah!!!.............thats the beauty of Gods Grace,its unmerited & undeserved ,is this  too good to be true news?Nope,Jesus is the Way,the Truth & the Life!!!!!Glad you are here Seeking1.............

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Seeking1

Seeking1
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Thank you for all your responses :) 

anthonyjmcgirr

anthonyjmcgirr

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Welcome!  I hope you have a blessed time :)

Mike

Mike

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Welcome to Worthy Seeking1!! Hope that you will have a great time here!!!! :)

God bless you!!!

kingdomwitness

kingdomwitness

Advanced Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
Welcome to the family sis. :grin:

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network