• Latest Posts

• Death reigned as a monarch reigns from the moment Adam sinned to the moment Moses received the Law, and is still reigning. Paul IS speaking about physical death. There is no need to conflate the context by bringing spiritual death into the frame. This is from the Contemporary English Version, which I hope will clarify things for you. Rom 5:12-21   (12) Adam sinned, and that sin brought death into the world. Now everyone has sinned, and so everyone must die.  (13)  Sin was in the world before the Law came. But no record of sin was kept, because there was no Law.   (14)  Yet death still had power over all who lived from the time of Adam to the time of Moses. This happened, though not everyone disobeyed a direct command from God, as Adam did. In some ways Adam is like Christ who came later.  (15)  But the gift that God was kind enough to give was very different from Adam's sin. That one sin brought death to many others. Yet in an even greater way, Jesus Christ alone brought God's gift of kindness to many people.   (16)  There is a lot of difference between Adam's sin and God's gift. That one sin led to punishment. But God's gift made it possible for us to be acceptable to him, even though we have sinned many times.  (17)  Death ruled like a king because Adam had sinned. But that cannot compare with what Jesus Christ has done. God has been so kind to us, and he has accepted us because of Jesus. And so we will live and rule like kings.   (18)  Everyone was going to be punished because Adam sinned. But because of the good thing that Christ has done, God accepts us and gives us the gift of life.  (19)  Adam disobeyed God and caused many others to be sinners. But Jesus obeyed him and will make many people acceptable to God.   (20)  The Law came, so that the full power of sin could be seen. Yet where sin was powerful, God's kindness was even more powerful.  (21)  Sin ruled by means of death. But God's kindness now rules, and God has accepted us because of Jesus Christ our Lord. This means that we will have eternal life.
    • The way things are going today, the Church will be hard to find before the tribulation! The Church as is known today. It may be unobserved as it was during the time of Constantine. A State religion is not Christianity, I believe it remained *hidden as in during the great persecution preceding Constantine. Edit: *Unobserved by written history, just details of certain martyrs.
    • You are right remember what was the words of God that if you eat from the fruit of the tree you will surely die. Those last words need to be clarity by the events that followed. 
    • At this time there is the need to make sure what we mean to say with the words we used.  I can say that you need to read my post again because you have misconstrued what I post. Surely I  know that all the people have experience physical death (but Enoch that we know at that time in the burning bush) and they continue to experience physical death till today and Moses knew that and God knew that when he spoke to Moses at the burning bush and their after and everyone knew that even Jesus Christ in Mathew 22:32.  But you are responding like we do not know that. That Moses did not know that. If it was about physical death Paul is talking about he will never say that the physical death stopped with Moses because he knows that it did not. And we need to make the distinction between the Abraham and his chosen children and the Gentiles and his other children.  Please can reconsider what your comment was about my posting. I have proven that Paul was not speaking about physical death and neither was I or the Lord God at the burning bush and not Jesus in Mathew and Moses did not understand that God at the burning bush was talking about physical death. Paul statement in Romans 5:14 is not in agreement the scriptures at hand in the totality of Scripture and definetly is not in line to what the Jewish Rabis were teaching or the prophetic about life after death. Jesus said about Abraham and his chosen children that they were the children of God and were alive to him after their death as in Abraham and his Bossom and at death they were separated from the rest of the world who were dead to God and under the God of the dead.   
    • Why is this incorrect? Death began after Adam sinned in the garden…
  • Who's Online

145 Guests
  • Popular Contributors

• Tell a friend

Love Worthy Christian Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Christian Blogs

• Blog Entries

• Birthdays

1. Absolem
      Absolem
      34 years old
    2. Adam
      Adam
      82 years old
    3. CaringandSharing
      CaringandSharing
      55 years old