christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Some tips needed

* * * * * 1 votes please God how to

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

Emuna

Emuna
  • 4 posts

Hi,

I have a new motto in life, to please God. I tried many other mottoes, 'obedience is my motto', 'glorify God', 'set an example for the world'. But my silly, stupid, unreliable heart always seemed to desert me.

I then realized how wonderful it is to please someone. Has anyone ever pleased you immensely? Your spouse/parents/children/

friends/strangers? What does it feel like when they please you? Doesn't your heart feel light, don't you smile constantly? I want God to be in that state of perpetual happiness.

I would absolutely love to obey Him, glorify Him etc., but they are just the route to please Him. They are not the end all of everything.

Any tips to please God will be welcome. If they is a hole in my logic, please point it out. If you think there is a better motto, please tell me.

Blessings,

Emuna 

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,063 posts

Welcome~!

~

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalms 103:1

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,849 posts
Hi, Emuna, and welcome. I wanted for so long to please God. Then one day He told me that He was already pleased with me! From the time that I had totally surrendered my life to Him He had been pleased with me. Up until that time I had become quite self righteous, then a slightly rebellious teenager, and had backslid. So you can see how that isn't too pleasing to God. But just resting in Him and allowing Him to change me at His will, and resting in the fact that I no longer have to strive to please Him is so freeing. It does mean I must be alert to Him as His bond slave, and to walk in His Spirit. But that is a joy and a blessing.
Love,
Willa

kingdomwitness

kingdomwitness

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
Welcome Emuna. I also try to please God but my addiction to worldly pleasures hindered me. But anyways God is good. Welcome once again Emuna!

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

hello  Emuna, and welcome to worthy.

EnochBethany

EnochBethany

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Hi,

I have a new motto in life, to please God. I tried many other mottoes, 'obedience is my motto', 'glorify God', 'set an example for the world'. But my silly, stupid, unreliable heart always seemed to desert me.

I then realized how wonderful it is to please someone. Has anyone ever pleased you immensely? Your spouse/parents/children/

friends/strangers? What does it feel like when they please you? Doesn't your heart feel light, don't you smile constantly? I want God to be in that state of perpetual happiness.

I would absolutely love to obey Him, glorify Him etc., but they are just the route to please Him. They are not the end all of everything.

Any tips to please God will be welcome. If they is a hole in my logic, please point it out. If you think there is a better motto, please tell me.

Blessings,

Emuna 

You probably already know this, but He is please by our singing praises to Him, & by playing musical instruments to Him.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,145 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Blessings Emuna

Welcome to Worthy....Praise & Glory to God ,I think it is wonderful that you aim to be pleasing to our Father........it is quite an impossible goal without Jesus Who and By His sacrifice we are made pleasing,Holy & Acceptable to our Father.......just remember that through & by our Lord & Savior you are pleasing Him........but there is nothing wrong to strive towards perfection........Halleluliah!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Helmholtz

Helmholtz
  • Members
  • 5 posts

If anyone imagines that he knows something, he does not yet know as he ought to know. But if anyone loves God, he is known by God. (1 Corinthians 8)

Don't try to know God as much as being known by God. Meditate on this. 

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,063 posts

If anyone imagines that he knows something, he does not yet know as he ought to know. But if anyone loves God, he is known by God. (1 Corinthians 8)

Don't try to know God as much as being known by God. Meditate on this. 

~

Amen~!

For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6

fire-heart

fire-heart

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Hi,

Blessings,

Emuna 

my friend just the fact you are his child, that you love him and seek to please him tickles his heart more than you could ever know;]

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network