christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Free meal today

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

I went to the cafeteria today to get lunch.I took my tray to the cashier and set it down on the counter.There were two people ahead of me who I did not know.I said "Oh darn it I forgot my cookies" so in a hurry I went to get them.When I got back the cashier said "Your lunch has been paid for". WHOA!! That was soooo cool.I have never had that happen to me before.

On Tuesday I was attacked by a very,very mean person so this was nice.

Have you ever had a stranger buy your lunch?Have you ever bought a stranger their food?

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,145 posts

Did you find out who had paid for your lunch?

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Did you find out who had paid for your lunch?

No,it was totally anonymous.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,145 posts

It had to be one of the two that you didn't know. That kind of makes sense,

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

It had to be one of the two that you didn't know. That kind of makes sense,

It was the person ahead of me.When the person paid for their lunch they told the cashier "I would like to pay for this lunch as well".That is what the person in back of me said.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,145 posts

Odd. But a kind gesture.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Odd. But a kind gesture.

It does not have to be odd.I think it was a very kind gesture.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,472 posts

happened to my brother once in hawaii before he enlisted-he was in line to buy a pizza, and the guy behind him was a army vet and found out my brother was enlisting and paid for his lunch. As a sort of thankyou If I run into vets in stores and restaurants Ill pay their bill on occasion.

chloe_fantastic

chloe_fantastic

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Yeah, we've done that before.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,145 posts

Odd. But a kind gesture.

It's odd to me. Maybe the U.S. is a kinder country than Britain. I've never heard this happen before.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Odd. But a kind gesture.

It's odd to me. Maybe the U.S. is a kinder country than Britain. I've never heard this happen before.

It does not happen very often but it is the desire to give to others which is kind.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,025 posts

I  had many a meal paid for me when I was homeless.

Too many to count , I was blessed. 

Some gave more than just a meal.

One person helped change my life around but its a long story.  

EnochBethany

EnochBethany

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

I rejoice that  you were blessed!

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,145 posts

Yes, I've known that happen but never a stranger pay for a meal for somebody who can afford to pay for the meal themselves. It's a good thing, I agree but unusual.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,025 posts

Yes, I've known that happen but never a stranger pay for a meal for somebody who can afford to pay for the meal themselves. It's a good thing, I agree but unusual. 

More often than not I could have paid for the meal.

I never lied ;if I had the money to pay for it,  I would say so but it was still paid for me.

I never went with out , in fact often I had more than I required and could share with others.  

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

A person who can afford to buy their own food?Then only those who should be Blessed and buy them a free meal should the homeless.We can also Bless those who have money and a place to sleep.Many of those people can use a kind act or a kind word for many of them are not saved.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,145 posts

A person who can afford to buy their own food?Then only those who should be Blessed and buy them a free meal should the homeless.We can also Bless those who have money and a place to sleep.Many of those people can use a kind act or a kind word for many of them are not saved.

BoPeep, I'm not saying it was wrong. It's a nice gesture. I'm just saying that it is unusual - at least in my experience.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

BoPeep, I'm not saying it was wrong. It's a nice gesture. I'm just saying that it is unusual - at least in my experience.

It was well known by several I have talked with.But this is the U.S.Maybe things are done differently here.It is called "Pay it forward".

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,145 posts

It was well known by several I have talked with.But this is the U.S.Maybe things are done differently here.It is called "Pay it forward".

I think we're not like that here in Britannia. We're too reserved to get involved with strangers. We don't pay for their food, it would be considered patronising. If we did, we would ask first and never do it behind their back.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

I think we're not like that here in Britannia. We're too reserved to get involved with strangers. We don't pay for their food, it would be considered patronising. If we did, we would ask first and never do it behind their back.

That is too bad.It is a kind,thoughtful thing to do.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network