Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Free meal today

30 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I went to the cafeteria today to get lunch.I took my tray to the cashier and set it down on the counter.There were two people ahead of me who I did not know.I said "Oh darn it I forgot my cookies" so in a hurry I went to get them.When I got back the cashier said "Your lunch has been paid for". WHOA!! That was soooo cool.I have never had that happen to me before.

On Tuesday I was attacked by a very,very mean person so this was nice.

Have you ever had a stranger buy your lunch?Have you ever bought a stranger their food?

Posted · Report post

Did you find out who had paid for your lunch?

Posted · Report post

Did you find out who had paid for your lunch?

No,it was totally anonymous.

Posted · Report post

It had to be one of the two that you didn't know. That kind of makes sense,

Posted · Report post

It had to be one of the two that you didn't know. That kind of makes sense,

It was the person ahead of me.When the person paid for their lunch they told the cashier "I would like to pay for this lunch as well".That is what the person in back of me said.

Posted · Report post

Odd. But a kind gesture.

Posted · Report post

Odd. But a kind gesture.

It does not have to be odd.I think it was a very kind gesture.

Posted · Report post

happened to my brother once in hawaii before he enlisted-he was in line to buy a pizza, and the guy behind him was a army vet and found out my brother was enlisting and paid for his lunch. As a sort of thankyou If I run into vets in stores and restaurants Ill pay their bill on occasion.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, we've done that before.

Posted · Report post

Odd. But a kind gesture.

It's odd to me. Maybe the U.S. is a kinder country than Britain. I've never heard this happen before.

Posted · Report post

Odd. But a kind gesture.

It's odd to me. Maybe the U.S. is a kinder country than Britain. I've never heard this happen before.

It does not happen very often but it is the desire to give to others which is kind.

Posted · Report post

I  had many a meal paid for me when I was homeless.

Too many to count , I was blessed. 

Some gave more than just a meal.

One person helped change my life around but its a long story.  

Posted · Report post

I rejoice that  you were blessed!

Posted · Report post

Yes, I've known that happen but never a stranger pay for a meal for somebody who can afford to pay for the meal themselves. It's a good thing, I agree but unusual.

Posted · Report post

Yes, I've known that happen but never a stranger pay for a meal for somebody who can afford to pay for the meal themselves. It's a good thing, I agree but unusual. 

More often than not I could have paid for the meal.

I never lied ;if I had the money to pay for it,  I would say so but it was still paid for me.

I never went with out , in fact often I had more than I required and could share with others.  

Posted · Report post

A person who can afford to buy their own food?Then only those who should be Blessed and buy them a free meal should the homeless.We can also Bless those who have money and a place to sleep.Many of those people can use a kind act or a kind word for many of them are not saved.

Posted · Report post

A person who can afford to buy their own food?Then only those who should be Blessed and buy them a free meal should the homeless.We can also Bless those who have money and a place to sleep.Many of those people can use a kind act or a kind word for many of them are not saved.

BoPeep, I'm not saying it was wrong. It's a nice gesture. I'm just saying that it is unusual - at least in my experience.

Posted · Report post

BoPeep, I'm not saying it was wrong. It's a nice gesture. I'm just saying that it is unusual - at least in my experience.

It was well known by several I have talked with.But this is the U.S.Maybe things are done differently here.It is called "Pay it forward".

Posted · Report post

It was well known by several I have talked with.But this is the U.S.Maybe things are done differently here.It is called "Pay it forward".

I think we're not like that here in Britannia. We're too reserved to get involved with strangers. We don't pay for their food, it would be considered patronising. If we did, we would ask first and never do it behind their back.

Posted · Report post

I think we're not like that here in Britannia. We're too reserved to get involved with strangers. We don't pay for their food, it would be considered patronising. If we did, we would ask first and never do it behind their back.

That is too bad.It is a kind,thoughtful thing to do.

Posted · Report post

i just love to be standing in line in a place like McDonald where you have several order places and reach over in the next isle and swipe your card for someone's meal..... 

Posted · Report post

i just love to be standing in line in a place like McDonald where you have several order places and reach over in the next isle and swipe your card for someone's meal..... 

I have never heard of that oo.But a really cool idea  :mgcheerful:

Posted · Report post

A few months ago a lady was digging around in her purse for enough to pay at a McDonald's.....   I just retched over and swiped my card to pay for her bill and she spoke up and said....   "You can't do that."     I looked over and smiled and told her that I had pretty much gotten out of the habit of telling God no......    she cried....  and so did the waitress...

Posted · Report post

A few months ago a lady was digging around in her purse for enough to pay at a McDonald's.....   I just retched over and swiped my card to pay for her bill and she spoke up and said....   "You can't do that."     I looked over and smiled and told her that I had pretty much gotten out of the habit of telling God no......    she cried....  and so did the waitress...

Ohhh...that is sweet.I have heard of people having the waitress give a person or family a note when they leave that their food was paid for and a nice message about God.

Posted · Report post

Okay fair enough, BoPeep, but now for the big question:

What did you actually have to eat? Can you remember?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0