christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Feeling pretty low at the moment.

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

Guest_HisG_*

Guest_HisG_*
  • Guests
Can't seem to shake it.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,416 posts

Caused by......? Do you know?

Guest_HisG_*

Guest_HisG_*
  • Guests
May be a midlife crisis!! Ha ha :)

Serious - I wonder if there is such a thing.

It's like I can't even identify the source - just feel low emotionally.

Normally I'm pretty upbeat.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,416 posts

I get like that sometimes.

Guest_HisG_*

Guest_HisG_*
  • Guests
So I'm normal then lol

Maybe I'm lacking a fat slice of chocolate cake.......

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,713 posts

Oh...   now why did you have to say that here at 9:45 PM...

I'll dream about that cake all night...

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

May be a midlife crisis!! Ha ha :)

Serious - I wonder if there is such a thing.

It's like I can't even identify the source - just feel low emotionally.

Normally I'm pretty upbeat.

Everybody has their up and down moments.

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts

:emot-hug:

I get that way, too.

Of course, I am aware of my "problems" - from a personality type that is prone to melancholy to begin with, to depression struggles I'm still overcoming, to physical conditions that unbalance my hormones (hypothyroid but on medication for that, hypoglycemia - when blood sugar level falls below a certain point I feel instantly slumped - autoimmune diseases doing who-knows-what to my hormones). And of course there's the monthly curse, which screws up the hormones as well.

Sometimes I can figure it's a hormonal drain, and so I just remind myself it's a temporary slump, just get through it. Other times, I can't put my finger on it, and that's frustrating. Of course, I go through circumstances that put a strain on me, and I have yet to learn the art of thankfullness.

I don't now if any of that connects with you, but I share in case something might.

Prayers for the joy of the Lord in your heart - however that gets there!

Guest_HisG_*

Guest_HisG_*
  • Guests

:emot-hug:

I get that way, too.

Of course, I am aware of my "problems" - from a personality type that is prone to melancholy to begin with, to depression struggles I'm still overcoming, to physical conditions that unbalance my hormones (hypothyroid but on medication for that, hypoglycemia - when blood sugar level falls below a certain point I feel instantly slumped - autoimmune diseases doing who-knows-what to my hormones). And of course there's the monthly curse, which screws up the hormones as well.

Sometimes I can figure it's a hormonal drain, and so I just remind myself it's a temporary slump, just get through it. Other times, I can't put my finger on it, and that's frustrating. Of course, I go through circumstances that put a strain on me, and I have yet to learn the art of thankfullness.

I don't now if any of that connects with you, but I share in case something might.

Prayers for the joy of the Lord in your heart - however that gets there!

Thanks Neb xx your words spoke to me.

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

I so can relate, it happens, hoping to encourage you here with enjoying some sunshine, listen to some favorite music, and find a quiet moment to be with Him in prayer, His presence is always near us. Hoping this gloom leaves you soon.

desi

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts
Thanks Neb xx your words spoke to me.

You're welcome! :emot-heartbeat:

Guest_HisG_*

Guest_HisG_*
  • Guests

I so can relate, it happens, hoping to encourage you here with enjoying some sunshine, listen to some favorite music, and find a quiet moment to be with Him in prayer, His presence is always near us. Hoping this gloom leaves you soon.

desi

Thank you Desi xx

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,586 posts

I think we ALL get that way sometimes, H.G.; it would be strange if one didn't every so often.  Like all problems we just have to lay it at the foot of the Cross and know that He will bring us through.  Sending up a prayer for you, sister!  :mgbowtie:

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,400 posts

Praying~!

rmyers

rmyers
  • Members
  • 22 posts

James 5:13 says if anyone among you is suffering, let him pray.  All of us have those low moments at times. The quickest way to get out of it is through prayer and singing a song that proclaims the love of God. Amazing Grace is a good song to pick you up. It turns your attention away from you to his love for you.  Knowing you are loved that much will pick you right up.

Guest_HisG_*

Guest_HisG_*
  • Guests
Thank you ALL for replying and caring - I appreciate it <3 xxxx

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network