christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New member in search

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

rkmed

rkmed
  • Members
  • 5 posts

I am a believer or at least I think I am. my entire life in church but never on fire. I am so glad to have a place to go. I am struggling with an addiction which is causing my marraige to fall apart. The life I built based upon lies, deceit and manipulation. Lord, please free me from all of this. Searching for Your path...

P_W

P_W

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

A Worthy welcome to you!  Praying for you!

Peace to you and God bless you,

PrairWarur

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Welcome to Worthy.It is nice to have you with us.Would you want to recommitt your life,heart and mind to God?Would you get on your knees and ask God back into your life?Ask for forgivness and ask Him to search your heart and to give you the strength to overcome that addiction.Is your wife a Christian?God's Blessings to you.God can free you from anything in your life if you will let Him.

rkmed

rkmed
  • Members
  • 5 posts

A Worthy welcome to you!  Praying for you!

Peace to you and God bless you,

PrairWarur

Thank you so much. Prayer is about all I have left. And even that is difficult to not just send up empty prayers. I am blessed. Pray for Truth - seeing the truth and Truth, speaking the truth, accountability, living His Truth

rkmed

rkmed
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Welcome to Worthy.It is nice to have you with us.Would you want to recommitt your life,heart and mind to God?Would you get on your knees and ask God back into your life?Ask for forgivness and ask Him to search your heart and to give you the strength to overcome that addiction.Is your wife a Christian?God's Blessings to you.God can free you from anything in your life if you will let Him.

Yes she is a strong believer. She is so amazing and  I am so hard headed and stubborn. I have pushed her away so often. I feel as I have no heart to give love and receive love. 

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts

Welcome to Worthy! God can restore what has been lost if you turn to Him. A broken and contrite heart He will not turn away. Talk to Him as you would to us - be open with God - He already knows the tumult and heartache He just needs to hear you ask Him for help and He is there willing to help turn it around if you are sincere. Your wife is there for you - she is chosen by God to be your helpmate do not push her away. Love is a strong cord if it has God as the third strand. Ask for His help, then your wife and thirdly you - submit to God, He will help you with your wife and problems.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,437 posts

Welcome~!

~

Praying~!

kingdomwitness

kingdomwitness

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
Welcome bro! God who is able to do exceedingly will see you through.

Maui Ice

Maui Ice

• PipPip
  • 135 posts

It's never to late to start a-new with God and in your own life. He gives us each day to take a look at our life and say, "Ya know what? Today's going to be the start of my new life!"

I will pray for you my friend. Definitely look to the Lord in this situation with your marriage and be very honest with your spouse.

rkmed

rkmed
  • Members
  • 5 posts

It's never to late to start a-new with God and in your own life. He gives us each day to take a look at our life and say, "Ya know what? Today's going to be the start of my new life!"

I will pray for you my friend. Definitely look to the Lord in this situation with your marriage and be very honest with your spouse.

My honesty is what hurts here. I have not once in our 20 years tried to be her friend. Ive manipulated all my shortcomings into being her fault and not having the accounbtability. I have not been what God has called me to be. 

kingdomwitness

kingdomwitness

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
Don't worry bro! It is well. :angel:

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,460 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

ajchurney

ajchurney

• PipPip
  • 164 posts

My honesty is what hurts here. I have not once in our 20 years tried to be her friend. Ive manipulated all my shortcomings into being her fault and not having the accounbtability. I have not been what God has called me to be. 

Your brutal honesty with yourself is good, IF you use it to motivate you to change. You cannot change yourself, but God's Spirit does the work as you truly submit to Him. Unfortunately, many people only get man-made religion going to church. Even when the truth is really being taught, if your heart is hard, all you walk away with is judgementalism and knowledge that is not profiting spiritually, but rather puffing up! The real Jesus is meek and kind to us, even when He has to bring some discipline for our own good. Draw near to Him, and He will draw near to you. God loves a penitent heart, a contrite heart. His forgiveness is total cleansing; He puts our sin as far as the East from the West. He saves murderers and rapists if they genuinely repent and submit to Him for their salvation. No one is good on their own. We all need Him desperately. Yet, He gives us His Spirit as a guarantee of our relationship with Him when we are born again and have faith in Christ Jesus. When He gives us His Spirit, He leads and guides and empowers us by grace to grow and mature in His ways. It is all from Him, so we must trust Him, then abide in His love.

Blessings, Andy

rkmed

rkmed
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Your brutal honesty with yourself is good, IF you use it to motivate you to change. You cannot change yourself, but God's Spirit does the work as you truly submit to Him. Unfortunately, many people only get man-made religion going to church. Even when the truth is really being taught, if your heart is hard, all you walk away with is judgementalism and knowledge that is not profiting spiritually, but rather puffing up! The real Jesus is meek and kind to us, even when He has to bring some discipline for our own good. Draw near to Him, and He will draw near to you. God loves a penitent heart, a contrite heart. His forgiveness is total cleansing; He puts our sin as far as the East from the West. He saves murderers and rapists if they genuinely repent and submit to Him for their salvation. No one is good on their own. We all need Him desperately. Yet, He gives us His Spirit as a guarantee of our relationship with Him when we are born again and have faith in Christ Jesus. When He gives us His Spirit, He leads and guides and empowers us by grace to grow and mature in His ways. It is all from Him, so we must trust Him, then abide in His love.

Blessings, Andy

Andy, i am so confused over if i love or ever loved her> My words say one thing but my actions say otherwise

ajchurney

ajchurney

• PipPip
  • 164 posts

I have been married 21 years and have many children. I have done just about every kind of ministry there is. I was radically saved before we got married, and read the bible like crazy, but a few years down the road, I realized that in my natural self, I had no idea how to really love this woman. It seemed like I was messing up all the time (it's usually not as bad as we feel, but sometimes it's worse!). Bro, I just started asking, begging really, for God to show me and teach me how to love. God IS Love!! He knows how to love, and He is waiting for people to get to the end of their own power and strength and knowledge so He can start teaching them something. You sound like you are about at the end of your own rope! Grab onto Him with EVERYTHING you are. Hold nothing back. God doesn't dwell in buildings, He dwells in people, so let Him have your messed up life and turn it into something beautiful! If He can do it for me, He can do it for anyone. I was a messed up nightclub bartender-atheist-jerk! 

Seriously, now is the time to give Jesus a chance to radically change your life. Don't wait!

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,460 posts

I have been married 21 years and have many children. I have done just about every kind of ministry there is. I was radically saved before we got married, and read the bible like crazy, but a few years down the road, I realized that in my natural self, I had no idea how to really love this woman. It seemed like I was messing up all the time (it's usually not as bad as we feel, but sometimes it's worse!). Bro, I just started asking, begging really, for God to show me and teach me how to love. God IS Love!! He knows how to love, and He is waiting for people to get to the end of their own power and strength and knowledge so He can start teaching them something. You sound like you are about at the end of your own rope! Grab onto Him with EVERYTHING you are. Hold nothing back. God doesn't dwell in buildings, He dwells in people, so let Him have your messed up life and turn it into something beautiful! If He can do it for me, He can do it for anyone. I was a messed up nightclub bartender-atheist-jerk! 

Seriously, now is the time to give Jesus a chance to radically change your life. Don't wait!

Good post AJ.

alien224

alien224

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
Welcome and praying for you and the changes needed in ypur life. God can do all things if you just trust him.

EnochBethany

EnochBethany

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

I am a believer or at least I think I am. my entire life in church but never on fire. I am so glad to have a place to go. I am struggling with an addiction which is causing my marraige to fall apart. The life I built based upon lies, deceit and manipulation. Lord, please free me from all of this. Searching for Your path...

Welcome to the forum.  I too was churched from infancy; but I don't recall ever hearing anyone in my denomination talk about getting saved.  It was all "joining the church" and imitating Christ.   As to addiction:  If the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed." Abiding in God's word leads to freedom.  And "whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network