To: whomever wishes to comment and discuss. What do you think about this article? What are your own personal viewpoints and stance on the topics touched on in this article? What points do you believe the article contains that are valid or not? Please use scriptures to support your position and views, as this will enhance the topic for general discussion.
“the author and finisher of our faith” Hebrews 12:1-3
- Who is the Author of your faith? Is it God or the Flesh?
- Do you trust Jesus Christ for your Finances according to Matthew 6:33 or The Finance Company and your ability to earn money through this world’s financial schemes and debts?
- Do you trust Jesus Christ for your health or do you trust the Doctors and the medical system and health insurance?
- Do you Trust Jesus Christ for your protection and the protection of your Items? Or do you carry insurance on them or on yourself?
- Who is your Faith in? The medical system, the insurance company, the credit card, or the college education?
- Where are you laying up your treasure of your investments and savings? Is it God and His Kingdom? Or is it the latest fad on the stock market and the best 401k and IRA?
Now many people will say “both” as an answer to many of these questions because they will not be honest with themselves and don’t want to fall into the category of “not trusting God.”
To digress for a moment to explain that a 401k, college education and saving your money are not signs of not trusting God in and of themselves, however it is the heart motive behind them that counts.
Going into debt to borrow money from the world finance systems, or getting health, wealth and life insurance or dependency on the medical system of this world do indicate the clear unscriptural placement and authorship of one’s faith. Many will fall into the area of not knowing any better of how to trust God alone in all these areas. Still others will know and have heard God’s word regarding the matters of trusting Him and gone on with doing it their own way. These two groups are both going to suffer loss of reward; just one is going to suffer worse than the other.
This is not written to those who already know, but to the ones who do not. Why? So that you can take heed that God and His word do have an opinion of how a life of faith looks and is to be lived. The Bible gives many clear principles on how to live a life of faith. If you do not live a life of faith according to the scriptures you cannot be pleasing to God. You are not given an assurance of God’s highest rewards in the life to come and are excluded from many categories of richness in Him apart from faith. It is not so much a question of salvation being lost, but who wants to be saved as if by fire? Or as some say “the skin of your teeth”? Seek to walk by faith totality, in complete discipleship and submission to God."
Edited by OneLight, 11 March 2014 - 09:18 PM.
Touched it up a bit for easier reading