christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Every seven years we change

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

Is it true that every seven years our bodies, minds and desires change. Is that biblical, or/and is there scientific proof behind this.

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts

I never heard of that one. Sorry.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,077 posts

The only change I see in my body is when I look in the mirror.

Me thinks my mirror does tell fibs  :taped:

educatexan

educatexan
  • Members
  • 25 posts

It's kind of an urban legend.  As some cells in our body die, they are replaced by new ones (such as our skin.)  Other cells we have our entire lives, like our brain cells.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,985 posts

Apparently fashions and trends come and go in seven year cycles so I have heard, but I don't have any proof of this.

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

It's kind of an urban legend.  As some cells in our body die, they are replaced by new ones (such as our skin.)

So the cells in our skin changing, I guess that's not based on fact?

educatexan

educatexan
  • Members
  • 25 posts

I guess I left out a phrase there.  Our bodies do generate new cells over time to replace dead cells.  However, it doesn't mean our bodies are totally replaced every seven years.  Only some of the cells regenerate, while others we have all our lives.  

jerryR34

jerryR34

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

There are so many environmental and individual variables to take into account, that I would think it would make a blanket statement like this nearly meaningless.  Maybe it is anecdotal...if you think about the changes you go through when you are 7, 21, 28, 35, 42, 49 etc...There could be some correlation without causation.

Edited by jerryR34, 09 April 2014 - 12:38 PM.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network