Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Every seven years we change

8 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Is it true that every seven years our bodies, minds and desires change. Is that biblical, or/and is there scientific proof behind this.

Posted · Report post

I never heard of that one. Sorry.

Posted · Report post

The only change I see in my body is when I look in the mirror.

Me thinks my mirror does tell fibs  :taped:

Posted · Report post

It's kind of an urban legend.  As some cells in our body die, they are replaced by new ones (such as our skin.)  Other cells we have our entire lives, like our brain cells.

Posted · Report post

Apparently fashions and trends come and go in seven year cycles so I have heard, but I don't have any proof of this.

Posted · Report post

It's kind of an urban legend.  As some cells in our body die, they are replaced by new ones (such as our skin.)

So the cells in our skin changing, I guess that's not based on fact?

Posted · Report post

I guess I left out a phrase there.  Our bodies do generate new cells over time to replace dead cells.  However, it doesn't mean our bodies are totally replaced every seven years.  Only some of the cells regenerate, while others we have all our lives.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

There are so many environmental and individual variables to take into account, that I would think it would make a blanket statement like this nearly meaningless.  Maybe it is anecdotal...if you think about the changes you go through when you are 7, 21, 28, 35, 42, 49 etc...There could be some correlation without causation.

Edited by jerryR34

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0