christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Has anyone given thought to the missing airliner...

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

JohnDB

JohnDB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,962 posts

... and the dangerous world we live in?

IF

...we cannot locate the wreckage of the missing jet liner, can we afford not to think of it as a hijacked weapon to use for terrorism anywhere in the world at any time the terrorists choose?

Yes

...this would be playing into terrorism (thinking this way), but can we afford not to take the precautions necessary?

Once again

...the greedy have compromised the word's safety to relax security precautions enough to have allowed two Iranians to board that flight with false identification.

Is it not time we reassess the imbalance of the right and the left and demand the happy medium (balance of both left and right) fair market free enterprise? Where the bottom line or the power of rule does not sway common sense practices like strict security in airports...

I mean... come on, people!!! 

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,763 posts

I disagree that it was greed that permitted relaxed security conditions. 

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

I don't think it was specifically greed, but it was gross negligence for whatever reason.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,637 posts

No one knows what happened yet, and everything is just conjecture and gossip until, if ever, the truth comes out.

As I keep saying, what we should all be doing is praying for the families and loved ones who are waiting for answers rather than trying to appropriate blame. Especially when we have no idea as to what happened on the plane, only what we are being told, and even then we don't know if we are being told everything.

What we can see however, is the grief and anguish of those waiting. 

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts

Too many theories - hijacked in Afghanistan, done for profit, in the Indian Ocean, on Diego Garcia, in the China Sea in China, in ... on... by...  :crosseyed:    :noidea: 

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

I do think about it and what keeps coming up in my mind is HIJACKED.I do not know why.And yes Fez they are in my prayers every night.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

I do think about it and what keeps coming up in my mind is HIJACKED.I do not know why.And yes Fez they are in my prayers every night.

I can only think 'hijack' too.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

I can only think 'hijack' too.

:39:

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

I don't see mechanical failure as being a cause. Planes that fall out of the sky can usually be found.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,637 posts

I don't see mechanical failure as being a cause. Planes that fall out of the sky can usually be found.

Emilia Erhart

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Emilia Erhart

I mean with designs these days.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Emilia Erhart

Amelia Earhart disappeared in 1937.This is 2014.But there could have been mechanical failure.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,637 posts

Emilia Erhart

Amelia Earhart disappeared in 1937.This is 2014.But there could have been mechanical failure.

Planes that fall out of the sky can usually be found.

Flight 19, all five of them?

What I think, from what I am hearing, is that it probably was a hijacking (or the pilot himself), or so the Malaysian government seems to be hinting at (I have no real idea). BUT, finding the plane is going to be very, very difficult whether it crashed in jungle or the southern ocean.

One expert said imagine losing the back stud of an earring on a football field. It would be easier to find the stud than it is going to be to find the plane. It's going to take a lot of luck. 

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Emilia Erhart

Planes that fall out of the sky can usually be found.

Flight 19, all five of them?

What I think, from what I am hearing, is that it probably was a hijacking (or the pilot himself), or so the Malaysian government seems to be hinting at (I have no real idea). BUT, finding the plane is going to be very, very difficult whether it crashed in jungle or the southern ocean.

One expert said imagine losing the back stud of an earring on a football field. It would be easier to find the stud than it is going to be to find the plane. It's going to take a lot of luck. 

Yes,but that was a very,very large and huge plane.It is not like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts

... and the dangerous world we live in?

IF

...we cannot locate the wreckage of the missing jet liner, can we afford not to think of it as a hijacked weapon to use for terrorism anywhere in the world at any time the terrorists choose?

Yes

...this would be playing into terrorism (thinking this way), but can we afford not to take the precautions necessary?

Once again

...the greedy have compromised the word's safety to relax security precautions enough to have allowed two Iranians to board that flight with false identification.

Is it not time we reassess the imbalance of the right and the left and demand the happy medium (balance of both left and right) fair market free enterprise? Where the bottom line or the power of rule does not sway common sense practices like strict security in airports...

I mean... come on, people!!! 

I'm sorry, JohnDB, but I simply don't understand what greed or the imbalance of the right and the left has to do with this missing plane.  Fair free market what????  This is a Malaysian airplane and the Malaysian government is in charge of what's going on.  The U.S. is only providing assistance here.  Are we to demand fairness?  Fairness for whom?  I've no clue as to how any of this fits with this situation.

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Hello JohnDB, Good to see you posting. :)

My thoughts would be with the story of the missing airliner are just that I don't feel we are getting the whole story. :noidea:

desi

LadyKay

LadyKay

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

It's in the Twlight Zone!

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,708 posts

coulda been greed that led to the lax security. could have been laziness. could have just been a "this wont happen to me" thought process that we all suffer from. It doesnt matter to be honest, what matters know is finding the plane. theres a lot of speculation out there evidence suggests it didnt crash but beyond that? hi jacked for ransom? one would think that by know thered be a ransom demand, but maybe the hijackers crashed it somewhere else or cant get in touch. Terrorist purposes? again one would think if their goal was to use it as a weapon like 9/11 wed have a smoking building by now. But anythings possible. At this point, for all we know they just decided to form a cult on a remote island somewhere or some punk kid hacked the controls and flew it off into never never land. Granted the last 2 are far fetched, but its to drive home a point-no one knows at this point. best thing to do is just sit back and pray.

As far as are we safe? please, we could die stepping off our front porch. This world is not safe weve never been safe, but theres no need to live in fear. we do some basic common sense stuff to keep us and our family safe-but in the end we serve an almighty God, no need to be scared of every shadow. Id still hop on a plane and fly somewhere tomorrow if I could afford to lol.

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

I don't read or watch the news. I read books.

1x1is1

1x1is1

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Why not a single 911 call from one of the passengers?  I just am not able to accept that 238 or so cell phones were collected under demand of threat.  Would you turn yours in if you were in the back seats and visually observed them being collected from the front, or vice versa?  If there were a sudden cabin depressurization, then how was the crew subject to exclusion of the lethal effects?  I can only assume that the plane blew up at altitude and has not been located yet. My prayers go out in behalf of the families.  And I do hope that there were many born again Christians on board. 

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network