christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bishop Tony Palmer brings unity message from Pope to Copeland

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

Qnts2

Qnts2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

I just watched a You tube video in which Bishop Tony Palmer (Anglican Bishop) brought a video message from Pope Francis to a convention of Pastors put on by Copeland, asking for unity between the RCC and Protestants.

Tony Palmer was encouraging Protestants to lay aside doctrinal differences to unite as one, with Catholics, as all believe that salvation is by faith alone. His claim was that Luther's protest is done and Jesus prayed that we all be one. After the message from the Pope, directed to Protestants, Copeland and the rest of the pastors cheered and prayed that we end the division between Catholics and Protestants and come together in unity.

I don't know how to post videos, so I would suggest those who are interested to do a search on the internet. What do you all think of this?

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,608 posts

The start of one World Church maybe? Possibly a fallen church.

Qnts2

Qnts2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

The start of one World Church maybe? Possibly a fallen church.

Yes, that is what I was thinking. At the beginning, the guy claimed to be coming in the spirit of Elijah. That reminded me of the false prophet.  

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts
1. It was only a short time ago that the pope announced that good athiests would also go to heaven. Of course he was corrected.

2. the unity spoken about, I suspect, means to be absorbed into the Catholic church, to honor him as pope, to pray to statues and to the dead, to recite vein repititions on the rosery, and most of all to send our tithes and offerings to him. While some anglicans already do many of these things, It is repugnant to most protestants.

Perhaps we should invite the pope and the Catholic church to become like us and: discard using tradition a basis for doctrine; discard doing homage to any person on earth; embrace the priesthood of all believers and decentralize the government of the church; embrace the fact that Mary, while blessed among women, was born and died like all other human beings who became believers; embrace that no angels should be prayed to; to destroy all statues and graven images, and to encourage all to pray only to the only mediator between God and man, the man Jesus Christ and to His Father God. I am sure that others can add to the list. All this is in the name of unity, of course.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network