christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Got ants?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

098918800599c08935b21832c0dba77e.jpgLast year I posted a recipe to get rid of ants last year.For those of you who were not here and have a problem I will share  :grin: I am just now having a problem in my kitchen.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

You could start your own ant farm.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

You could start your own ant farm.

No thanks.I want to get rid of them not mulitply them.

7531d2fe6c11bfe68bcdba5dd2770029.jpg

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

They're actually very nutritious.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

That is what I hear.No thanks. I will pass.I would rather eat a steak.

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

That is what I hear.No thanks. I will pass.I would rather eat a steak.

lol...i agree to the no thanks of ants. Let them march right back out and never re-enter again. I heard walnut shells are good at keeping spiders away but not sure about ants though.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

There are some New York restaurants that served chocolate covered ants.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,545 posts

the red and black ants taste like candy. . . just gotta make sure you bite them before they bite you. 

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

the red and black ants taste like candy. . . just gotta make sure you bite them before they bite you. 

I was told once that locusts taste a bit like prawns, so the candy ant bit sounds a bit fishy to me. :laughing:

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

I hear that grasshoppers are pretty good too.Especially chocoate covered.

c71ce121e753b0830861602eb630c77f.jpg

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

I remember when I was a kid that my little sister told me that she had just made a picnic consisting of ladybird (ladybug) sandwiches and daddy-long-legs on cocktail sticks. But then again, my sister was a bit mad - she was always claiming to find little mouse-shoes on the stairs, and she once built a woodlouse (pillbug) farm. She also used to do an impression of a butterfly being sick, which meant that you had to come close to her face and listen while she made the tiniest little sound imaginable.

Oh yes, and she thought that wasps made the best honey and that if you poured sugar on a slug instead of salt, the slime that was made as the animal dissolved could be used to make 'slug honey'.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

I remember when I was a kid that my little sister told me that she had just made a picnic consisting of ladybird (ladybug) sandwiches and daddy-long-legs on cocktail sticks. But then again, my sister was a bit mad - she was always claiming to find little mouse-shoes on the stairs, and she once built a woodlouse (pillbug) farm. She also used to do an impression of a butterfly being sick, which meant that you had to come close to her face and listen while she made the tiniest little sound imaginable.

Oh yes, and she thought that wasps made the best honey and that if you poured sugar on a slug instead of salt, the slime that was made as the animal dissolved could be used to make 'slug honey'.

Your sister sounds interesting   :grin:

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Yes but she was only around seven-years old at the time. If she mentioned daddy-long-legs on cocktail sticks now, I'd really think she was mad. Perhaps I should ask her - she what she says.

By the way, I don't think daddy-long-legs are the same in Britain as they are in the U.S.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Yes but she was only around seven-years old at the time. If she mentioned daddy-long-legs on cocktail sticks now, I'd really think she was mad. Perhaps I should ask her - she what she says.

By the way, I don't think daddy-long-legs are the same in Britain as they are in the U.S.

I do not mind the daddy long legs that we have in the U.S.It is the huge black or brown ones with the huge bodies that look like they could arm wrestle with you that upset me.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

I do not mind the daddy long legs that we have in the U.S.It is the huge black or brown ones with the huge bodies that look like they could arm wrestle with you that upset me.

In Britain daddy-long-legs are crane flies. I think yours are spiders

daddy-long-legs1.jpg

British daddy-long-legs

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

daddy-long-legs1.jpg

British daddy-long-legs

In American Daddy Long legs is a spider with long legs like the above.There was this girl by the name of Dixie.She was very tall and had long legs.I was in first grade with her.She was very smart.We had gotten on the bus one day to go on a field trip.I called her Daddy Long Legs  :crazy: She cried and I got in trouble.Why in the world did I do that????  :help:

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

daddy-long-legs1.jpg

British daddy-long-legs

In American Daddy Long legs is a spider with long legs like the above.There was this girl by the name of Dixie.She was very tall and had long legs.I was in first grade with her.She was very smart.We had gotten on the bus one day to go on a field trip.I called her Daddy Long Legs  :crazy: She cried and I got in trouble.Why in the world did I do that????  :help:

Because you should have called her mommy-long-legs or sister-long-legs. She is female after all. :laughing:

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

daddy-long-legs1.jpg

British daddy-long-legs

Because you should have called her mommy-long-legs or sister-long-legs. She is female after all. :laughing:

Oh....ok.....that would have been a good solution. :grin:

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

I put my cotton balls out yesterday in my kitchen and they are running for it this morning like a 75% sale at Walmart  :grin:

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

I put my cotton balls out yesterday in my kitchen and they are running for it this morning like a 75% sale at Walmart  :grin:

I didn't know that cotton balls could run.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network