christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Scared!!

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

rikster

rikster
  • Seeker
  • 11 posts

There is a article from Charles Spurgeon and it mentions a
hard, stony heart, or the dull, seared conscience — there is a medicine in the veins of Jesus that we may well call the divine cure-all. By what I'm reading here
it says there is hope. Is this true? The website link is  http://www.biblebb.c...urgeon/3218.htm
This info is under the section We must be careful that we always preach Christ as the sinner’s only hope.

I"m so afraid that if I ask God for help with a

Hard Heart and for help with lack of repentance

he won't hear me.

Edited by rikster, 18 March 2014 - 09:10 AM.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,578 posts

God will always hear you.

Welcome to Worthy.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts

Blessings rickster.......

Welcome to Worthy......................Praise the Lord,fear is not of God..........put down whatever articles you are reading & open the Bible....read the Book of John & see how much you are love,read the Psalms & Praise the Lord(God inhabits our praises)......

God hears you prayers before the words even leave your lips,He will never leave you,nor will He forsake you! Glory to God...

With love-in Christ,Kwik

MissPlaced_56

MissPlaced_56

Veteran Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

rikster,

You know in the bible we are told to "Fear NOT" 365 times....interesting isn't it....

I "Fear NOT" for all 365 days of the year!!

It's Not in there for no reason....Believe it or not, just you're willingness to ask for help with a hardened heart,,is proof that your already recieving HIS LOVING Help!

GBU  BROTHER

rikster

rikster
  • Seeker
  • 11 posts

I'm not saved. You will not have your sins forgiven unless you truly don't want to live wickedly anymore. Cry out to God to grant you godly sorrow, that you may turn from your sins and desire nothing but God's righteousness. How do I do cry out to God for this and will God hear me? The reason I'm asking about a Hard Heart and Dull Seared Conscience is because of what I read here in a article from Charles Spurgeon where it mentions a
hard, stony heart, or the dull, seared conscience — there is a medicine in the veins of Jesus that we may well call the divine cure-all.   http://www.biblebb.c...urgeon/3218.htm

MissPlaced_56

MissPlaced_56

Veteran Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

rikster,

my statement still stands, you're here aren't you!

No i'm not gonna just give you a quick "JESUS LOVES YOU".....

First you need to know WHO JESUS CHRIST IS....

Rikster, over 2000 years ago, GOD Came to us in the form  of a tiny baby(JESUS)

Was it a game of manipulation???..NOT on a bet!....you see rikster GOD gave us all "Free Will"

Because HE wants Children,NOT ROBOTS....You with me so far??....I'm going to assume yes you are....

GOD Will never Take our Free Will away....BUT HE knew that a battle was comming,,one that we couildn't win on our own.....GOD Decided to Be our champion.....HE wanted us to know HIS LOVE FOR US ALL First hand!

many thought that GOD would appear as some sort of fire breathing dragon...ready to smoke all our levi's....

Rikster,if you're a father, then you already know that if your child was in danger, you would lay down your  very life to save that child...GOD IS NO DIFFERENT!!

So as a tiny baby HE came to be born in Bethlehem ( GOD on foot if you will)..very much a man and yet GOD Himself.....BUT HE layed down all of HIS power to be our friend....Human in every way...

So we could know HIM....

So JESUS grew up and at the young age of 33....HE layed down HIS LIFE on a cruel Roman Cross

Some think He never felt the sting of the cat of 9 tails(Whip with metal balls)...or the beatings....The humiliation,  the crown of thorns that was piercing HIS Head..(Google..Crown of thorns)

The pain from  those nails that were pounded into HIS Body.....HE FELT IT ALL....Every Drop of blood that left HIS body......

Don't be fooled rikster.....

What sent HIM  to that cross,who would put themselves thru that???

HE DID, Because of HIS LOVE for us all!!..HIS ONLY THOUGHT ON THAT CRUEL ROMAN CROSS WAS US PEROID!

Somebody worth knowing yes???

All you ever have to DO is ask HIM to let you know HIm....Some make this complicated...HE's Not complicated at all.....HE DOESN"T  Require that you follow a set of rules and regulations....

ALL HE EVER ASKS IS THAT YOU BE HIS CHILD..HE'LL do the rest!!

A Better Friend you will never have

So Rikster is this somebody thatyou would want to know??? The choice is your's.....HE LOVES YOU ALREADY....

GBU !!

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,609 posts

I'm not saved.

You will not have your sins forgiven unless you truly don't want to live wickedly anymore.

~

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?

Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

And such were some of you.

But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (ESV)

~

Give

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. John 3:16-17

It

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. John 3:18-19

Up

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. John 3:20

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,462 posts

I am going to let the link stand because it is from a trusted theologian, but please don't post any more links on the thread.

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts
Rikster, I think I spoke to you last fall.

You can pray and ask God to soften your heart and make you willing to repent. Are you fearful enough to make a change? Or will you be like Judas and just feel sorry for yourself because of your sin? Yes God does save people from the pit of Romans 1. Many of them go to my church! God can give you a new life, but you need to ask Him to help you to let go of the old putrid sinful self of walking death. No one can play games with God. He sees through all of us. Get real with Him and talk to God about it all.

Every one of us starts the Christian life in the same place. You are not unique. Nor are you beyond help.
It is your choice.
Willa

jaron1979

jaron1979
  • 3 posts

I would like to put a few scriptures for you: Psalms 35 and 37. They say that if you put His kingdom first, He will take care of you second. He loves us dearly! Don't forget that.

P_W

P_W

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Welcome to Worthy!

Praying for you,

PrairWarur

ajchurney

ajchurney

• PipPip
  • 164 posts

I'm not saved. You will not have your sins forgiven unless you truly don't want to live wickedly anymore. Cry out to God to grant you godly sorrow, that you may turn from your sins and desire nothing but God's righteousness. How do I do cry out to God for this and will God hear me? The reason I'm asking about a Hard Heart and Dull Seared Conscience is because of what I read here in a article from Charles Spurgeon where it mentions a
hard, stony heart, or the dull, seared conscience — there is a medicine in the veins of Jesus that we may well call the divine cure-all.   http://www.biblebb.c...urgeon/3218.htm

You are practically halfway there just by knowing and confessing that you are not saved and believe your heart is hard! More people will miss heaven because they trust in some false religion or their own actions to be good enough to get them there. If you also know who Jesus is, and what he did on the cross, and why He did it, then you are in a position to surrender to Him and ask Him to forgive you of all your sins and change your heart with His Spirit and give you a new life. If you have doubts and questions, then read the Gospel of John and the other Gospels as much as it takes for you to be convinced of who Jesus is and what He offers to you. Also, seek out a sincere and godly man to come alongside you and help answer your questions and tell you his own testimony of how Christ changed him. No one is too hard-hearted for Jesus to touch if you are willing to come to Him to change!

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts

Blessings Rickster,,,,

Don't be afraid...............you say"How do I cry out to God?".....Just as you are,Beloved,before you even opened your mouth he heard you crying,just call on the Name that is above all Names,,,,Jesus,Jesus,Jesus!    Rickster,I could guarantee you that your heart is not half as hard as mine was a long long time ago.......& now,well.......I have nothing but love in it because Christ abides in me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,think of a sin,any sin,,,I committed it & not just because if you break one command you have broken them all................I literally broke them all,,,,if I could be forgiven so could you!

If you believe that Jesus is the Son of God & was raised from the dead on the third day ,then tell Him you need Him & let Him into your heart,that need you feel,that desire to be Saved  is Jesus knocking at your door,just let him in,,,,,,,confess with your mouth that He is your Lord & Savior and place everything under His Blood,all the filth,all the sorrow,all the pain,the doubt ,the fear.......He can take it all,He loves you Rickster..............He took your place on that cross,He is calling your name......................Praise & Glory to God!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

alien224

alien224

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts
Praying for you! God will always hear and answer your prayers. You must first believe and trust him as your savior and repent of your sins. God answers in His on way and time, so while you might be expecting Him to answer in one way, He may know you need your prayer answered in a different mannor.

Jerry1023

Jerry1023

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts
My Dear!! Let not your heart be trouble,all the replies above are good to good with,the fact you are on this site,you are already saved,just with time you will see God manifesting Himself,the scripture says that i will take away your heart of stone and give you the heart of flesh,if God can change my own heart,your case is settles,i was once more worster than you.any how the case or your situation may be,just believe,the first time i seek the face of God concerning my present condition at that moment,God spoke to me in a dreamed through is word,Roman 2" God is a respecter of nobody,If you draw near to Him with all your heart,He will show your mercy,iam talking out of experience,God is beautiful in every situation,(WCF) Is a gift and a special blessing from God to us,the fact you are here your problem is over,unles you are not ready to walk with God,the voice of man is the voice of God,I would have love to share with you how God saved me and took my heart of stone and gave me the heart of flesh.Jesus Is Bigger than your problem.I will be praying for you.the grace of God that bringeth salvation has appeared to you.goodluck.

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts

Rikster, God has read your words and heard your heart's question. He has read the answers to your questions and the people who have responded have told you of God's love for you because we all needed His forgiveness and have known His love in forgiveness. Why do you find it so difficult to accept that all it take is saying, "Father forgive me my sins and cover them and me with the blood of Jesus. Help me to live a life pleasing to You. In Jesus name, amen."

Find a good church and read the Bible. Fellowship with God's people will help - both here and in church. If you have questions ask them there are many here to help answer them and guide you in the right direction. 

Welcome to Worthy - a good place to start.

pauladaja

pauladaja
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Hang in. God is love

rikster

rikster
  • Seeker
  • 11 posts

I have this fear that if I talk to God in Prayer he

won't hear me. How do I know if God will hear me?

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts

I have this fear that if I talk to God in Prayer he

won't hear me. How do I know if God will hear me?

You know, there is a wonderful promise found in the Word of God. 

Jer 29:13  "And you shall seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart."

Why would HE not hear you? 

Even the most simple prayer , "Jesus help me " is heard when it is said from the heart. :thumbsup:

Praying for you , that you can open your heart to Jesus. 

Love,
Nigel

BeauJangles

BeauJangles

• PipPip
  • 193 posts

rikster, I know you have been here for quite some time, as I've noticed your posts. You know that you're always welcome here at Worthy. I know how it is, to be straddling the fence, so to speak. I did this for quite some time... Longing for the Lord, but not sure I could be willing to give up the things of this world. How I remember the struggle you are now going through! I knew the Lord was lovingly reaching out to me... But still not sure I could follow Him whole-heartedly. You believe and you pray. But you feel you must be good enough, or the Lord will not hear you. rikster, of course He does! You think you must be perfect and holy, or you Lord won't accept you? Be assured, Jesus will receive you just as you are. You are at the cross-roads of your life... Unsure which direction to take. If you are afraid, all you have to do is whisper His name and He will be there for you. All previous responders to your question and concerns, have given you wise counsel and advice. Tell the Lord how you feel. Ask Him to help you be willing. Talk to Jesus. Be down right frank and honest with Him. The Lord will honor the plea of your heart. I know this, because I have been where you are. Many of us have! Don't be afraid. God has great plans for you life...peace, love, joy and fulfillment, such as you have never known. Praying for you, David/BeauJangles

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network