Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dubai from above

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I guess it shouldn't surprise me, after all, why wouldn't a Muslim country integrate symbols of Islam into their architecture?

But it still hit me.

Are you familiar with the structures extending out into the water off of Dubai? Here is what they look like from above.

Image here

Posted · Report post

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here Nebula, but I have my suspicions. Please clarify.

Posted · Report post

Other than one that looks like picture of the world, the others make no sense to me.

Posted · Report post

The left outcrop is the Muslim crescent moon.

Putting that with a map of the world gives the appearance of making a statement concerning Islam and the world.

Posted · Report post

It's a tacky property marketing scheme. "The World" was to be the site of luxury homes for the international super-rich. Theproject got hit by the financial crisis and very few homes were built.  

it's an expensive folly slowly being reclaimed by the sea around it

Posted · Report post

Is this even real? I looked on google map and saw only the middle designs that dont look like much but on google map look like palm trees enclosed in a circle and the one that looks like a map here but does not look like a map on google map. Although that one is called world islands. The crescent one though I can only find on a blog site if I search images. Who knows how accurate that is. 

Posted · Report post

OK, maybe the picture that was presented is a few years old; and as amor wrote, the sea is reclaiming it?

Posted · Report post

That could be neb. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0