christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dubai from above

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts

I guess it shouldn't surprise me, after all, why wouldn't a Muslim country integrate symbols of Islam into their architecture?

But it still hit me.

Are you familiar with the structures extending out into the water off of Dubai? Here is what they look like from above.

Image here

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,076 posts

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here Nebula, but I have my suspicions. Please clarify.

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,536 posts

Other than one that looks like picture of the world, the others make no sense to me.

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts

The left outcrop is the Muslim crescent moon.

Putting that with a map of the world gives the appearance of making a statement concerning Islam and the world.

amor

amor

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,640 posts

It's a tacky property marketing scheme. "The World" was to be the site of luxury homes for the international super-rich. Theproject got hit by the financial crisis and very few homes were built.  

it's an expensive folly slowly being reclaimed by the sea around it

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,030 posts

Is this even real? I looked on google map and saw only the middle designs that dont look like much but on google map look like palm trees enclosed in a circle and the one that looks like a map here but does not look like a map on google map. Although that one is called world islands. The crescent one though I can only find on a blog site if I search images. Who knows how accurate that is. 

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,030 posts

Kept looking and from this from european space agency. 

http://ew.eo.esa.int...t=1372164900930

So that one supports your picture. Look at the bottom middle photo. 

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts

OK, maybe the picture that was presented is a few years old; and as amor wrote, the sea is reclaiming it?

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,030 posts

That could be neb. 

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network