christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Minor surgery

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

I just did minor surgery on my toe.I get an in-grown toenail.I cut the toenail down the side of my toe and then I take my forceps and pull the thing out.It is sometimes quite deep  :grin:

Warning: Don't try this at home folks.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,545 posts

I know how you feel, in college I had an ingrown toenail, brought it in to the doctors and they did that several times and it kept growing back I finaly got tired of paying them to not fix the problem, so I went through and cut out the ingrown part plus about a quarter inch, then I went to the middle of the toe and  cut a V in it. I haven't had an ingrown since. (doing it myself actually hurt less then the doctor poking that needle with pain reliever into my toe. go figure)

Atwood

Atwood

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
Ouch. May you mend well and find relief from the ingrow.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

I know how you feel, in college I had an ingrown toenail, brought it in to the doctors and they did that several times and it kept growing back I finaly got tired of paying them to not fix the problem, so I went through and cut out the ingrown part plus about a quarter inch, then I went to the middle of the toe and  cut a V in it. I haven't had an ingrown since. (doing it myself actually hurt less then the doctor poking that needle with pain reliever into my toe. go figure)

The reason it grew back is because he did not get the root of the toenail.My son had 1/4 of his toenail cut out and they got the root.It has never been a problem again.I can't get that deep at home.I tried cutting a V in the nail and that has never worked for me.But I have heard that is a good solution.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Ouch. May you mend well and find relief from the ingrow.

I have done it multiple times.Thanks..for the support  :mgcheerful:

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,545 posts
The doctor always got to the root it just never worked for me. When I did it I got all the way to the root (I have a high pain tolerance) and cut the v on top of that. The doctor never cut the v its probably why it worked when I did it.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

It is a hereditary.My dad had ingrown toenails as well.My uncle who was a surgeon took his whole toenail off. Ewwww....I am sorry but the thought of that just creeps me out...No thanks.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

What exactly is an ingrowing toenail? I've heard of it, but what, does it grow backwards or something?

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

What exactly is an ingrowing toenail? I've heard of it, but what, does it grow backwards or something?

It is the toenail that starts to grow into your toe on the side of a toe.It is usually the big toe.It is just the pattern of the way your toenail starts to grow.It is important to cut your toenail straight across when you trim them and not round then off.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Like this?

PRinc_rm_photo_of_ingrowing_toenail.jpg

Logan

Logan

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

That is the grossest thing I have ever seen on Worthy

chloe_fantastic

chloe_fantastic

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Indeed :31:

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,545 posts

that's not that gross, that's at least not swelled up and bleeding-mine were. now that was gross. . .

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Like this?

PRinc_rm_photo_of_ingrowing_toenail.jpg

lol!! Nice pic of an ingrown nail.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

that's not that gross, that's at least not swelled up and bleeding-mine were. now that was gross. . .

Yes pat,it does not look infected.But that one has been neglected for quite a while.It would probably take a podiatrist to get that one out.

chloe_fantastic

chloe_fantastic

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Why is the nail that gross color????? :31:

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

It probably has some fungus.They get a yellow color and they get thick.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

It probably has some fungus.They get a yellow color and they get thick.

Nice.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network