christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Firefox CEO Forced Out by Homosexual Lobby

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

shodan

shodan

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

"

http://www.reuters.c....A321Y320140403

Brendan Eich is an American computer programmer and creator of the JavaScript scripting language"

He helped found Mozilla and was just newly appointed as CEO. He gave a thousand dollars in 2008 to Prop 8 in California. That is what the fuss is about.

Those who speak up are the salt and light of their culture.  Want our society to change for the better? Then Christians need to speak up daily.  We need no Rip Van Winkles. 

Edited by shodan, 04 April 2014 - 01:02 PM.

Marnie

Marnie

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,452 posts

Yeah...sad day in America.  Amazing how much power a small, devient segment of society has.

So now you can be fired if you hold views contrary to the accepted politically correct ones. 

Who's next, I wonder?  I suspect clergy will come under pressure to toe the line, since the constitution has now become meaningless. 

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,014 posts

Yes I heard about this. Currently there is a Conservative campaign to boycott Firefox. Many as we speak are changing browsers.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts

count me in on that boycott. not that I ever used firefox to begin with.

Marnie

Marnie

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,452 posts

I'm in.  I loved FF. Not any more. 

CellShade

CellShade

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Wait, all of you realize that he supported a ban on gay marriage,

but because of this are saying you want to switch from Firefox to another web browser?

Also, to my understanding, the small boycott against Firefox is not from a conservative group.

In the past actually, Google Chrome's Vice-President supported gay rights.

I use Firefox, better interface and I like that the now CEO also shares that homosexual marriage is not a Biblical marriage.

I misread the original post,

such a sad thing.

Thanks for the correction!

Have a Blessed day!

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,014 posts

Wait, all of you realize that he supported a ban on gay marriage,

but because of this are saying you want to switch from Firefox to another web browser?

Also, to my understanding, the small boycott against Firefox is not from a conservative group.

In the past actually, Google Chrome's Vice-President supported gay rights.

I use Firefox, better interface and I like that the now CEO also shares that homosexual marriage is not a Biblical marriage.

There is definitely a boycott from a Conservative group.

He may have supported a ban on gay marriage but HE WAS FIRED from Mozilla for doing so. That's the whole point. That's the reason for the boycott!

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts

it does not matter what the new CEO supports or doesn't support cell-it has to do with the fact that they still buckled under pressure and fired him for his beliefs and being outspoken about it. As far as being from a conservative group? origins or not, its not being boycotted by conservatives.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

I just downloaded it.I am going to delete it.I am going back to good old IE.The website for this said "Page not found".

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,918 posts

The website for worthy said page not found? Wow I wonder if George knows about this.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,014 posts

The website for worthy said page not found? Wow I wonder if George knows about this.

Try this:

http://www.reuters.c...EA321Y320140403

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Try this:

It works...

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts

Do I understand correctly that he gave a private donation (out of his own pocket), and the pro-gay group threatened to boycott the company for that?

Yikes!

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,903 posts

Try this:

It works...

Guess it was the link after all ... good, issue resolved.

CellShade

CellShade

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Blessings

I apologize,

I misread the story on the earlier story that Firefox had chosen him as their CEO

My bad, I will definitely join in and not use Firefox.

Too bad, I was even thinking of donating to Firefox before.

Thanks for the correcting me!!!

Have a Blessed day!

gamnot

gamnot

• PipPip
  • 121 posts

Eich gave the donation for the fight against same sex marriage in 2008; about six years ago and had not been saying much about it recently. He refused to apologize for it and was forced out. It looks like the USA is becoming increasing polarized. I have for the most part been neutral on these social issues, but I consider this incident to be an outrage and I will probably be increasingly partisan in the future.  

Atwood

Atwood

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
Sadly it would appear that Christians have lost the cultural war in the USA. But who knows; we could have a 3rd Great Awakening.

gamnot

gamnot

• PipPip
  • 121 posts

I just uninstalled firefox from my computer. It was sad that I had to do that. I am sure that the modernists and sexual revolutionaries will be using what muscle they have too much and create a back lash against them.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,908 posts

someone mentioned Opera in the other thread (which I can't find right now) and I looked it up and installed it.....   it will take some getting used to but except for how one sets favorites it seems to be pretty good.   And very fast.  It is using some kind of spell checker that was with it.

Taker

Taker

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

Ironically, I just started using Chrome again, Fire Fox was just starting to give me problems.

Edited by Taker, 06 April 2014 - 06:55 PM.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network