Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Islamic group to cut crosses off NY church

40 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

SYRACUSE, N.Y. – A city board on Thursday gave a Muslim group the go-ahead to remove six crosses from the roof and spires of a century-old former Catholic church so the now-vacant Gothic structure can be used as a mosque.

More than 200 people had signed an online petition calling on the Syracuse Landmark Preservation Board to deny an application by North Side Learning Center, the church's new owner, to remove the crosses and build a six-foot chain-link fence.

Before the vote to allow the church alterations, Chairman Don Radke said the board cannot interfere with a decision that involves religious freedom ...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/03/islamic-group-gets-go-ahead-to-cut-crosses-off-ny-church/

Posted · Report post

They want to remove the crosses because they loathe them. The cross signifies the greatest moment in history when Jesus died for all our sins. The cross signifies salvation - something that is impossible to achieve through Islam and its false portrayal of Jesus.

Satan is having his way again, by taking a house of God and getting his pawns to vandalise it.

Posted · Report post

Well, Capitalism's having it's way. The Catholics didn't want the building so they sold it to someone who did. The synagogue  in my hometown (Hounslow) was in an unwanted ex-free church and has also had it's cross removed. Apparently it's now a Montessori nursery. 

Posted · Report post

Well, Capitalism's having it's way. The Catholics didn't want the building so they sold it to someone who did. The synagogue  in my hometown (Hounslow) was in an unwanted ex-free church and has also had it's cross removed. Apparently it's now a Montessori nursery. 

The difference is that the Jews don't revere Jesus. We know that. Therefore the cross means nothing to them. Muslims on the other hand recognise Jesus, but have falsified who he really is. They deny that he ever died on the cross, but the cross symbolises what Jesus stands for and why he came in the flesh.

Posted · Report post

I'm a Quaker, you won' find crosses on our meeting houses because we reject the use of all symbols. There are plenty of other Christian groups that would see heir use as idolatrous.

Posted · Report post

I'm a Quaker, you won' find crosses on our meeting houses because we reject the use of all symbols. There are plenty of other Christian groups that would see heir use as idolatrous.

I can see why the cross may be seen as being idolatrous, but it is not meant to be worshipped. It is an indicator of who you are, and in a way is no different to writing the word 'Christian church' on a church, the difference being is that it transcends all languages. It is not an icon but an avatar (for want of a better term), but because of its historical significance it has become a symbol that is loathed by all those who despise the Lord. I can see why some Christians refuse to use it and that is fine by me, but to other Christians it is a bold statement of one's faith in Christ.

Posted · Report post

A little more information on the above and related issues is below

Friends Statements on the Pledge of Allegiance

"Friends refrain from taking oaths, even in courts of law. We avoid the use of symbols such as crucifixes and altars in our places of worship. Our religious practices do not include the outward administration of sacraments, which we also see as symbols and unnecessary in our relationship with God. And we hold that we may rightly pledge allegiance only to God, not to a man-made symbol representing a human institution."

[statement to the Pennsylvania State Senate by the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) to explain our stand against use of the American Flag and the Pledge of Allegiance.]

"Quakers from their inception have been skeptical of emblems of power, such as flags or crosses or other icons symbolizing institutional or, on a greater scale, imperial presumptions of loyalty. Such icons inhibit discourse and "finding the way" through a collective openness to truth no single individual - or no single power - can embrace. It is also the Quaker's reluctance to require the repeating of public oaths or pledges of loyalty - indeed to repeat public prayers such as the Lord's Prayer or the Apostles' Creed as many religious schools do - because of the fear that the power of the institution supersedes the individual's right to question the validity of the statement, or to question and explore a wider range of loyalties and commitments than the symbol to which one pledges might encompass."

Richard Eldrige, Principal, Friends Seminary

Posted · Report post

Well pardon me, but I do think I'd be more offended if they left the crosses on the building if they are using it for a mosque. 

I am a bit disappointed in the Catholic's selling the building to Islam though.....   there is a lot involved in that,.  I wonder if they will take the flag down also.

I think this would be the disturbing part of this to me:

A report by the nonprofit Onondaga Citizens League last summer said more than 7,200 refugees have resettled in the Syracuse area over the past 10 years, with the majority from Burma, Bhutan and Somalia.

Posted · Report post

Well pardon me, but I do think I'd be more offended if they left the crosses on the building if they are using it for a mosque. 

I am a bit disappointed in the Catholic's selling the building to Islam though.....   there is a lot involved in that,.  I wonder if they will take the flag down also.

My feelings exactly. 

If they turned it into a car wash and left the crosses up, or a fast food joint and took them down?

It matters little. 

I do not serve a God of empty buildings...

Posted · Report post

My feelings exactly. 

If they turned it into a car wash and left the crosses up, or a fast food joint and took them down?

It matters little. 

I agree. 

Posted · Report post

My feelings exactly. 

It matters little. 

I agree, fez.  This building isn't Christianity; it's only a building.  The islamic satan followers can remove all the crosses they want....it changes nothing about our Savior.   He's not in that building; He is in everything and impossible to remove. 

Posted · Report post

Act 17:24  The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man, 
Act 17:25  nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything. 

Posted · Report post

A report by the nonprofit Onondaga Citizens League last summer said more than 7,200 refugees have resettled in the Syracuse area over the past 10 years, with the majority from Burma, Bhutan and Somalia

What's disturbing about that? Presumably most of your ancestors went to North America as migrants(as slaves, refugees or settlers) from elsewhere. The people who built the church in the first place were German immigrants.

Posted · Report post

A report by the nonprofit Onondaga Citizens League last summer said more than 7,200 refugees have resettled in the Syracuse area over the past 10 years, with the majority from Burma, Bhutan and Somalia

What's disturbing about that? Presumably most of your ancestors went to North America as migrants(as slaves, refugees or settlers) from elsewhere. The people who built the church in the first place were German immigrants.

because they are not assimilating Amour.   It's one thing to want to come here and become an American.......    but it's not ok to bring your own form of government and want to instill it here.....    and that is already happening in places where they have numbers.

I have no problem of anyone coming here and becoming an American.......    But if you want to bring your own laws and ways then stay where you are......   and that goes for everyone not just Muslims.....  

Posted · Report post

Including those German speakers who a hundred years ago decided they needed their own Catholic church. How do you feel about Hasidic Jews. They don't really try to integrate, do they? Or  the Amish, they've been in North America since the eighteenth century but still cut themselves off from the mainstream. As a Quaker I'm proud of our traditions and have no desire to compromise and assimilate with those aspects of mainstream society that are corrupt. we're much more radical than most Muslims. We don't salute silly flags; we don't swear oaths; we don't support or serve in the military and we encourage others to do as we do.

We also created Pennsylvania and encouraged others who felt oppressed and marginalised elsewhere to settle and maintain their traditions alongside us

Posted · Report post

Including those German speakers who a hundred years ago decided they needed their own Catholic church. How do you feel about Hasidic Jews. They don't really try to integrate, do they? Or  the Amish, they've been in North America since the eighteenth century but still cut themselves off from the mainstream. As a Quaker I'm proud of our traditions and have no desire to compromise and assimilate with those aspects of mainstream society that are corrupt. we're much more radical than most Muslims. We don't salute silly flags; we don't swear oaths; we don't support or serve in the military and we encourage others to do as we do.

We also created Pennsylvania and encouraged others who felt oppressed and marginalised elsewhere to settle and maintain their traditions alongside us

Do Muslims offer other to maintain thier traditions alongside them....    I never met an Amish person who wanted to kill me....   Not the case with Islam.       I have good friends who don't salute the flag, but they don't try and keep me from doing so.

Please don't make me get ugly in discussing these folks, they are and I can if it goes that far, but it won't help anything in the long run.

Posted · Report post

Do Muslims offer other to maintain thier traditions alongside them....    I never met an Amish person who wanted to kill me....   Not the case with Islam.       I have good friends who don't salute the flag, but they don't try and keep me from doing so.

Please don't make me get ugly in discussing these folks, they are and I can if it goes that far, but it won't help anything in the long run.

Muslims are intolerant of EVERYONE....they are completely unacceptable as citizens of a democratic country.  There are exceptions to the rule but they aren't 'good' muslims. 

Posted · Report post

Nixon was just an embarrassment who had a Quaker mother and little other contact with the Society of Friends.  As to  Muslims they are the same as you and me. If you think your in anyway superior, you delude yourselves.They live their lives as anyone else. It may make some of you here feel good to sneer and look down on them. But remember that in other times and other places the things said about Muslims here were said about black people; were said about Jews and indeed were said about Christians.

I see nothing Christian in this. I suggest that instead of seething with hatred you actually get out to meet and know the nice boring ordinary Muslim people around you.

You see hatred where there is only concern and fear for my families future.....    I have posted hour upon hour of video's here documenting the documented ten year plan to destroy this country.....   so don't tell me that they are just like me.......   they are not if they are islam.  When their numbers where you are reach the numbers of other Islamic countries, they'll kill you just like they are killing Christians in the Middle east....    and it's growing here and I don't like it.

Posted · Report post

Perhaps, you should stop watching and posting videos and get out and meet people. The idea of a  Jihadi take over of the USA is a paranoid fantasy. What your family doesn't need is a parent filled with hate for others. And turn to the New Testament. Jesus did not command us either to fear or hate our neighbour.

Posted · Report post

Perhaps, you should stop watching and posting videos and get out and meet people. The idea of a  Jihadi take over of the USA is a paranoid fantasy. What your family doesn't need is a parent filled with hate for others. And turn to the New Testament. Jesus did not command us either to fear or hate our neighbour.

Well according to the Federal Courts in Texas that isn't the case Amor.....     and if you'd take the time to watch the video's you would not be lecturing me on Islam.....    God gave me sense enough to recognize danger and avoid it if possible...

Posted · Report post

I'm afraid I'll make my judgement based on the experience of those people I know and love my friends, colleagues, ex-flatmates, neighbours and students. Hate drives people to dangerous places. It drove those responsible for 9/11 but it  also drove Timothy McVeigh. He was no Muslim but that didn't protect the people of Oklahoma from his stupidity

Posted · Report post

Perhaps, you should stop watching and posting videos and get out and meet people.

The idea of a  Jihadi take over of the USA is a paranoid fantasy.

What your family doesn't need is a parent filled with hate for others.

And turn to the New Testament.

Jesus did not command us either to fear or hate our neighbour.

~

Oh My Beloved

Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. Exodus 20:7

Do You Have Any Idea How Islam Blasphemes The LORD Jesus And His Father

And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. Revelation 13:6

And How Much Jesus And His Father Loves The Muslim

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

And How Little Most Islamics Love Their Neighbor

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And Joy To See Them Bow Down To Idols

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

As They Demand Their Little Ones

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24

Submit To Evil

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:18

Do You

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

~

Believe

He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. Matthew 12:30

And Be Blessed Beloved

Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels. Mark 8:38

Love, Joe

Posted · Report post

Yes the thing with Muslims, at least those who read their Quran or give heed to those who do, is that like MorningGlory pointed out, is that they are intolerant of anything that is not Islam. They have 66 verses with no end point in their book that command their followers to KILL whoever will not believe their book.

Their book commands them, "Do not take Christians or Jews for friends, but rather kill them wherever you find them" as well as "Strike off the head and the fingertips of every infidel", etc etc etc.

If you find a Muslim who does not seek to do those things then you have found a Muslim who does not read their Quran and has not been hearing the preaching of those who do.

Most Muslims have little to no idea of what their book says, and they are Muslims by culture only, sort of the same as cultural Christians (Christians by birth as opposed to faith, who call themselves Christians but have no idea what that means) who do not read their Bible.

One of the other tenets of Islam is a Muslim CAN LIE so long as it furthers the purposes of Islam. In other words, how many times have you heard the lie, "Islam is a religion of peace", when most terrorists around the world are Muslims? Who got on those planes on 9/11? Who was yelling "Allah! Allah! (the Moon God, actually)" in the streets of London while beheading that soldier in broad daylight? Who pays tens of billions of dollars to build mega-mosques all over the world and especially in the USA, while at the same forbids upon pain of death a church to be built in their lands (Saudi Arabia and any other Muslim nation)....it isn't the Christians who can't seem to live in peace anywhere in the world...it's only the Muslims.

Do not be deceived by them or taken in by them - they follow a satanic cult. Even Mohammed himself later in the Quran writes that MOST of what he was given as the Quran was actually from SATAN. How can anyone take this book seriously? It is designed by the Devil to keep itself in existence because if anyone speaks against it, the followers are supposed to kill them - so how do you get rid of it? No one is allowed to leave it, or else be tortured and killed.

Women are literally no more than livestock to Muslim men, as it is commanded in their book.

Women are also able to be raped by their husbands, for it says that "the wife is his tillage, and he may enter her as often as he likes."

Women also need 4 witnesses to prove a rape, or else be stoned to death.

This is why they all wear those absurd full body coverings so that no one will be able to see them.

Islam is the religion of the Devil.

Are 90% of Muslims not trying to kill anyone and don't even want to be Muslims but can't escape because they would have their families tortured and killed? Yes. But are 10% (100 million or so) actively seeking the destruction of all people who are not Muslims? Yes. And so for the sake of the 10% that want everyone dead and enslaved to Satan, we must be vigilant.

Look up the Barbary Powers War to see that as soon as our Christian Founding Fathers founded this nation the Islam countries have been trying to destroy it.

Posted · Report post

Including those German speakers who a hundred years ago decided they needed their own Catholic church. How do you feel about Hasidic Jews. They don't really try to integrate, do they? Or the Amish, they've been in North America since the eighteenth century but still cut themselves off from the mainstream. As a Quaker I'm proud of our traditions and have no desire to compromise and assimilate with those aspects of mainstream society that are corrupt. we're much more radical than most Muslims. We don't salute silly flags; we don't swear oaths; we don't support or serve in the military and we encourage others to do as we do.

I have never heard of a 'radical' Quaker. Maybe we should keep our eye on you guys too?

The Puritan government in colonial Boston hanged four of us for being too radical

Oh my goodness!  I had never heard about that and I can't imagine a Quaker doing anything radical.  I was only kidding about keeping an eye on you guys, btw.

Posted · Report post

Nixon was just an embarrassment who had a Quaker mother and little other contact with the Society of Friends.  As to  Muslims they are the same as you and me. If you think your in anyway superior, you delude yourselves.They live their lives as anyone else. It may make some of you here feel good to sneer and look down on them. But remember that in other times and other places the things said about Muslims here were said about black people; were said about Jews and indeed were said about Christians.

I see nothing Christian in this. I suggest that instead of seething with hatred you actually get out to meet and know the nice boring ordinary Muslim people around you.

That's unfair, amor.  Muslims are looked at it the light of their actions.  They ARE intolerant and there's no point saying otherwise.  Christisns are not superior to them or anyone; we are simply followers of the one True God; they are not. No one here has sneered or looked down on muslims  It's not 'seething with hatred' to tell the truth.  They are unbelievers and their 'holy book' preaches hate.  Read it sometime. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0