I just want to throw this out for us to civilly discuss. I'm not saying this is what I believe yet, but it is something I'm leaning toward, considering, weighing, and researching. Your thoughts will be welcomed of course.
So here goes. I will start with a timeline and then add to it as the thread progresses:
1. The "Thief in the Night Rapture" or the First Fruits Rapture/harvest of the FAITHFUL CHURCH ONLY (think promise to the Church of Philadelphia) -because these believers are watchful, alert, and living for God, not for self or the world, they will be kept from the hour of testing. These are the people who take Luke 21:36 seriously: "Therefore be watchful all the time, praying that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will happen, and to stand before the Son of Man." (I believe ALL these things means all - the entire 70th week, which includes the frightful Seals too.)
-these people are special and they only are taken to the wedding supper.(not for entire church)
A type: With Enoch, God has given us a picture of the future Rapture of the Worthy. And who is to be raptured in the first calling? Those who have been "walking with God".
I now think there is a distinction that will be made among believers and that we are not all alike and will not all be treated equally. I can show you many scripture verses to support this if needed. (Many thanks to Rolling Thunder and his book who turned me on to this way of thinking.)
2. The 70th week of Daniel begins (Daniel 9:24 ff)
3. The first five seals of revelation 6 are opened, and basically, the seals make up the first 3.5 years, up to midpoint (rev 6:1-11)
-during this time, the "lukewarm left behind believers" are being tested and persecuted, with many also dying. The antichrist has moved into power by solving problems, like the Mideast problem and perhaps explaining the rapture of the faithful saints away. The antichrist is opposed to any voice opposed to him, mostly left behind Christians and rallies public opinion against this people group. The Ezekiel 38/39 war occurs in this time period too.
4. Right at the end of this 3.5 years, seal 6 is opened which will shortly enter in the Day of The Lord. Massive earthquake, nuclear bomb, etc occur. (Rev 6:12-17)
5. A second rapture, "The Power and Glory Rapture" where everyone will see Christ coming in the clouds (the main, general harvest of the church) occurs here- the vast majority of the Church will now come out before God unleashes his wrath on all of mankind. These believers had to be tested, purged, and purified before experiencing the rapture. (see rev 7:9 and Matt 24:29-31 to see this rapture). These trib saints were not invited to the wedding supper because they were not prepared and ready. That was only for the first Raptured saints.
-the sealing of the 144,000 Jewish remnant (rev 7:1-8) here also.
6. The abomination of desolation probably occurs shortly after the 2nd rapture, at the midpoint in the week.
7. The day of The Lord begins which make up the trumpet and bowl judgments. (Rev 8- rev 19) This is the time of Jacobs trouble, which is basically meant to refine and purge the Jews for unfaithfulness. The Church is now out, but obviously, there will be many Gentiles who will subsequently believe and not take the mark of the beast.
8. The return of Jesus (rev 19) and obviously Jesus wins quickly.
- I am not going into detail about the day of The Lord because I think many of us know all about the trumpets and bowls.
9. The millennium reign of Christ begins.
-sheep and goats judgment is first up.
-if a rapture is not considered a resurrection, then the first resurrection comes here too.
10. Thousand years are up, satan loosed, defeated again, and sent to the abyss.
You should know the rest. The kingdom of God begins.
Looking back at what I just wrote, it basically looks like the first half of Daniels 70th week is a time of testing for lukewarm Christians, and the second half of the week is a time to test gods chosen people, the Jews.
Obviously, the most controversial item is the two raptures. Is that in scripture? Well, maybe it helps to see them like this: in Bible times the harvest was conducted in three stages. It began with the "first fruits"harvest, followed by the "general" harvest, and the leftovers was called the "gleanings" which was gathered by the poor and the needy.
First fruits harvest = the first harvest offered to God, the rapture of the faithful (small minority)
General harvest=the many other believers who were left behind and not faithful enough (large majority)
Gleanings= the leftovers at the sheep and goat judgment perhaps?
So what do you think? I'm all ears and welcome any and all feedback. Like I previously said, I'm not putting this out to be dogmatic, but to just share some musings I am having as I research bible prophecy.
Thanks for listening.
Spock covering his eyes