christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inappropriate sexual behavior reason why teachers lost job

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Our public schools are scary.

http://www.katu.com/...-254643571.html

PORTLAND, Ore. – The biggest reason for teachers losing their jobs in the Portland metro area was because of inappropriate sexual behavior, according to data from the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission.

The data shows the student-teacher boundary is being violated. There are multiple references to social media like Facebook, Snapchat and the dating website OKCupid.

Snapchat is a phone app that helps you send a picture or video to someone and within a few seconds that picture or video disappears.

Alexander Taylor, a former Oregon City teacher who had his license revoked, used Snapchat to send pictures of himself shirtless to a student and a picture of his crotch while sitting at his desk at school. The caption with that picture read, “Come sit here.”

Vicki Chamberlain, the executive director of the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission, said most of the boundary violations still come in the form of text.

“Check their kids’ texts,” she said as advice to parents, “particularly if they say they’re being engaged with any adult, even if it’s a coaching situation. I think the hardest part is we want to trust first, but if somebody is overly texting with a teacher they need to be paying attention to that.”

She said schools are still catching up on this issue as well since the technology is changing so quickly.

But she’s also seeing that a lot of the teachers getting caught for these boundary issues are younger than 40 years old.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,803 posts

A sign of the times. Ever since the 1960s or 70s, sexual morality has been on the decline and as we approach the End it's going to get worse.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Yes,I agree.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,014 posts

Our public schools are scary.

http://www.katu.com/...-254643571.html

PORTLAND, Ore. – The biggest reason for teachers losing their jobs in the Portland metro area was because of inappropriate sexual behavior, according to data from the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission.

The data shows the student-teacher boundary is being violated. There are multiple references to social media like Facebook, Snapchat and the dating website OKCupid.

Snapchat is a phone app that helps you send a picture or video to someone and within a few seconds that picture or video disappears.

Alexander Taylor, a former Oregon City teacher who had his license revoked, used Snapchat to send pictures of himself shirtless to a student and a picture of his crotch while sitting at his desk at school. The caption with that picture read, “Come sit here.”

Vicki Chamberlain, the executive director of the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission, said most of the boundary violations still come in the form of text.

“Check their kids’ texts,” she said as advice to parents, “particularly if they say they’re being engaged with any adult, even if it’s a coaching situation. I think the hardest part is we want to trust first, but if somebody is overly texting with a teacher they need to be paying attention to that.”

She said schools are still catching up on this issue as well since the technology is changing so quickly.

But she’s also seeing that a lot of the teachers getting caught for these boundary issues are younger than 40 years old.

~

A sign of the times. Ever since the 1960's or 70's, sexual morality has been on the decline and as we approach the End it's going to get worse.

:thumbsup: 

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts

Yes,I agree.

I agree too.  Just since I was in school things have really gone downhill. 

Atwood

Atwood

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
Is it "inappropriate behavior" or just plain sin?

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,089 posts

Blessings BoPeep

,I don't even understand why kids are permitted to have cell phones in the class room anyway,they belong in their lockers until it is time to go home....................I have a friend & a cousin that are both teachers  & they text me different times during the day(while they have classes),I don't even think they should be permitted to have their cell phones in the classroom...after all,we are supposed to lead by example

People will soon have to have their cell phones surgically removed .......perhaps if there was less time spent on these phones they could ocfcupy their minds with other things instead of texting all day long.................I am not saying this has anything to do with sexual immorality but it would be one less outlet available 24/7

With love-in Christ,Kwik

19Duggarfan

19Duggarfan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Up here in our neck of the woods we had a female teacher from Rogers MN (if I remember the location right) accused of having sex with a male high school student because of what he tweeted on the Internet.   Most of the parent knew the teacher and were pretty sure no such thing happen so she keep her job.

And although I know there is really a lot of this going around, many times teachers have their careers ruin simply by an accusation.  I always cringe when I hear this type of accusation, because if it is not true, it really usually doesn't matter, the teacher career is over. 

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts
So true, and I supposed that even photos might be from someone else and posted as from the teacher's phone. But the fact remains that teachers are getting pregnant by their student, committing adultry with them, males are seducing males, and even severely handicapped students are being molested by teachers and teachers' aides. It is all so perverted since God has been kicked out of the schools, and in the name of protecting the "rights" of unbelievers. Pedophiles are already demanding their "rights" on the same basis that gays demanded "rights". I have heard that there is a lot of money supporting these movements.

He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly." Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus! Rev.22:20 NKJV

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Yes,I agree.

I agree too.  Just since I was in school things have really gone downhill. 

I things have changed since you were in school young one can you imagine how much more they have changed since I was in school?

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,455 posts

A sign of the times. Ever since the 1960s or 70s, sexual morality has been on the decline and as we approach the End it's going to get worse.

I have to tell you I don't remember teachers doing things like this and I grew up in the 60 but your right that was the beginning of the moral decline and now, wow I have to ask myself how things could get worse.  We have a small town,  yet we have two XXX bookstores and they advertise by putting young people out just off the highway.  the young girls are the worst, hardly dressed at all dancing.  Yes things are getting very bad.  That is why we need to get out there and start to really preach the gospel.  Souls are at risk.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network