christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hi

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

thunder

thunder
  • Banned
  • 1 posts

Hi.  New here and kind of undecided as to what I am.  I know there are different kinds of Christians and all that so I'm at a place of uncertainty.  I'm dyslexic so a little slow at talking or responding sometimes.  I can spell really good and communicate just fine if I can take my time.  I stutter and get made fun of a lot so I prefer to write instead of talk.  This makes it hard to meet people or to be able to discuss things and figure out who I am or what I am and what I want to be as far as religious purpose.  So maybe a forum like this or something online will work better to learn so I can decide.  My new room mate told me to come here that people here know about the Bible and about God and about religions.  So I'm here.   I hope I can figure out something.  Thanks.

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts
You have come to the right place and I know you will fit in because the only thing the people here have in common is Jesus and his saving grace . Welcome to Worthy!

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Welcome to Worthy

miracles

miracles
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Hi Thunder! Welcome aboard! :)

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,027 posts

Welcome~!

Alven

Alven
  • Members
  • 21 posts

You are worthy to be here. 

Welcome to you thunder   :clap:  :biggrinflip:  :grin: 

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,112 posts

Blessings Thunder!

Welcome to Worthy......Jesus loves you exactly the way you are,to Him you are perfect. & sounds like this is a great place for you to meet many.............did you know that Moses was slow of speech?

So do you know Jesus,ever read any of the bible?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,711 posts

Welcome to Worthy. 

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,637 posts

Welcome to Worthy!

P_W

P_W

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

A Worthy welcome to you!  Praise God!

Peace to you and God bless you much,

PrairWarur

Willa

Willa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts
Hi Thunder, I am dyslexic, too. But I can't spell, make a lot of mistakes typing, and can't tell my right hand from my left if I don't have my watch and wedding rings on.
But I was about 13 when I first discovered that God heard my prayer to see Him in nature, and then that I need to be forgiven for things I knew in my heart I had done wrong. Then I learned that He forgives me because Jesus loves me, as told in the Bible. He died on a cross to take the punishment for my mistakes and wrongdoing.

That was over 55 years ago, and I wouldn't trade the Christian life for anything in the world. It is so wonderful to know God as my best friend who gave me a new life in Him. There is only one way to know God, and that is through Jesus.

I always look for a church where the sermons come from the Bible, going through a book of the Bible slowly to explain it and tell me how it is meaningful to my life. We have been in 5 protestant denominations. And I have learned what God needed to teach me at the time in every one of them. You see, after you ask Jesus to forgive you and come into your life, God sends His Spirit into you to adopt you as His own child, to teach you and help you. Jesus calls Him the Helper, or the Comforter. You are never alone but the Spirit of Jesus will guide you, keep showing you how much God loves you and what He created you for; He will enable you to live a loving, caring life like Jesus did, even helping you to forgive and love the people who ridicule you like Jesus did. People even made fun of Jesus while He was dying! And He forgave them while being tortured on a cross. So He really understands.

Blessings,
Willa

19Duggarfan

19Duggarfan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Hi.  New here and kind of undecided as to what I am.  I know there are different kinds of Christians and all that so I'm at a place of uncertainty.  I'm dyslexic so a little slow at talking or responding sometimes.  I can spell really good and communicate just fine if I can take my time.  I stutter and get made fun of a lot so I prefer to write instead of talk.  This makes it hard to meet people or to be able to discuss things and figure out who I am or what I am and what I want to be as far as religious purpose.  So maybe a forum like this or something online will work better to learn so I can decide.  My new room mate told me to come here that people here know about the Bible and about God and about religions.  So I'm here.   I hope I can figure out something.  Thanks.

Blessings Thunder!

Welcome to Worthy......Jesus loves you exactly the way you are,to Him you are perfect. & sounds like this is a great place for you to meet many.............did you know that Moses was slow of speech?

So do you know Jesus,ever read any of the bible?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Hi Thunder, I am dyslexic, too. But I can't spell, make a lot of mistakes typing, and can't tell my right hand from my left if I don't have my watch and wedding rings on.
But I was about 13 when I first discovered that God heard my prayer to see Him in nature, and then that I need to be forgiven for things I knew in my heart I had done wrong. Then I learned that He forgives me because Jesus loves me, as told in the Bible. He died on a cross to take the punishment for my mistakes and wrongdoing.

That was over 55 years ago, and I wouldn't trade the Christian life for anything in the world. It is so wonderful to know God as my best friend who gave me a new life in Him. There is only one way to know God, and that is through Jesus.

I always look for a church where the sermons come from the Bible, going through a book of the Bible slowly to explain it and tell me how it is meaningful to my life. We have been in 5 protestant denominations. And I have learned what God needed to teach me at the time in every one of them. You see, after you ask Jesus to forgive you and come into your life, God sends His Spirit into you to adopt you as His own child, to teach you and help you. Jesus calls Him the Helper, or the Comforter. You are never alone but the Spirit of Jesus will guide you, keep showing you how much God loves you and what He created you for; He will enable you to live a loving, caring life like Jesus did, even helping you to forgive and love the people who ridicule you like Jesus did. People even made fun of Jesus while He was dying! And He forgave them while being tortured on a cross. So He really understands.

Blessings,
Willa

Hello Thunder, and welcome to Worthy.  True there are many denomination of Christianity, but as Kwikphilly and Williamina have pointed you, True Christianity starts with Jesus Christ.  By accepting His sacrifice for our sins.  To try and get to God the Father without going thru God the Son--Jesus Christ and what He did to save us from our sins, is just false religion.  The only way to become a Christian is to accept the finish work of Christ Jesus, which He accomplished by allowing Himself to die in the flesh for our sins, but He rose three days later to give us hope.

3)  For first of all, I delivered unto you that which I received, how that Christ Jesus died for our sins, according to the Scriptures.

4)  And that He was buried, and that He arose the third day: according to the Scriptures.

I Corinthians 15:3-4

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network