christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sacred Secrets

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

tim alexander

tim alexander
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Is it possible that Christianity possesses two sets of teachings, one for the general public and another for the elect? Christ Himself said that He spoke clearly to the Disciples who had been given knowledge of the kingdom of heaven, but to all others He spoke in parables. I have discovered that the vast majority of "esoteric" teachings are hogwash. But I have also discovered what I believe to be exceedingly strong evidence that our religion DOES possess a secret teaching.

Sevenseas

Sevenseas

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,808 posts

I would strongly disagree.  Here are the reasons:

There are sects within Christianity that believe they do in fact possess esoteric, hidden, secret knowledge....whatever name one wants to give to such things.

The Bible, however, is very plain that the Holy Spirit will reveal God's will THROUGH His REVEALED  word and that revelation, such as we already have, is not ongoing.

Much of the NT was actually written to counter such things.

God does not hide anything.  If it appears hidden, then it is hiding in plain sight.

I would be extremely wary of anyone or any group or any teaching that departs from the teaching we have.

To be sure, it is up to the individual as to how much they want to pursue God and know Him.

I believe the Holy Spirit is as active today as He was when God first sent Him.

Deception is the number 1 tool the devil uses to lead believers astray.

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,651 posts

Jesus taught this before sending the Holy Spirit to teach us. Saying that, it is possible to have many understands, but still only one truth. Man is the reason from this division as we still see in the mirror dimly, not fully understanding what He is trying to teach.

I do not believe He teaches two different truths, otherwise there would be no truth at all. We can read in John 14 how He provides the truth to us.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,474 posts

Blessings tim,

Welcome to Worthy,I do hope you love it here as much as I do ....it is such a blessing to be all together,Praise the Lord!

The Good News Gospel is for us to spread to every creature,in every nation.................the Word of God is to be proclaimed,we are to confess Jesus with our mouth....everything of God is to be made known to all men,no secrets ,nothing hidden.............We walk in the Light,we are to be like a city upon a hill,do you put a lamp under a bed?

There is only one Bible,not any different  or separate teaching................there are many with hardened hearts,blind eyes & deaf ears but those are them that will not receive Gods Word...........................God is not a respecter of persons.,everyone is given a measure of faith and has the same opportunity & free will to either accept or deny Christ.....when you open your heart to Jesus,have faith in Who He is & confess Him with your mouth ,He indwells us with His Holy Spirit...............the Wisdom & Understanding of Gods Timeless Truth is revealed by the Power of the Holy Spirit                                                                                                                                                             With love-in Christ,Kwik                                                                                                                         

tim alexander

tim alexander
  • Members
  • 23 posts

I would strongly disagree.  Here are the reasons:

There are sects within Christianity that believe they do in fact possess esoteric, hidden, secret knowledge....whatever name one wants to give to such things.

The Bible, however, is very plain that the Holy Spirit will reveal God's will THROUGH His REVEALED  word and that revelation, such as we already have, is not ongoing.

Much of the NT was actually written to counter such things.

God does not hide anything.  If it appears hidden, then it is hiding in plain sight.

I would be extremely wary of anyone or any group or any teaching that departs from the teaching we have.

To be sure, it is up to the individual as to how much they want to pursue God and know Him.

I believe the Holy Spirit is as active today as He was when God first sent Him.

Deception is the number 1 tool the devil uses to lead believers astray.

I agree with most of what you said, especially that :if it appears hidden, then it is hiding in plain sight." I believe that Christ came teaching the Way of Truth that leads to Life. His Life IS the revealed mystery of salvation. But so few have eyes that see or ears that listen and understand. A veil has been cast over much of the Truth that is Christ. God's truths cannot be destroyed, but they can be hidden by a veil of darkness (distorted truth). They are there in plain sight for those who have eyes to see. To all others there is only darkness. It is not my intention to confuse or misdirect anyone from their path. I believe in what I have discovered, but God does not lead everyone to Him through the same forests.

tim alexander

tim alexander
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Blessings tim,

Welcome to Worthy,I do hope you love it here as much as I do ....it is such a blessing to be all together,Praise the Lord!

The Good News Gospel is for us to spread to every creature,in every nation.................the Word of God is to be proclaimed,we are to confess Jesus with our mouth....everything of God is to be made known to all men,no secrets ,nothing hidden.............We walk in the Light,we are to be like a city upon a hill,do you put a lamp under a bed?

There is only one Bible,not any different  or separate teaching................there are many with hardened hearts,blind eyes & deaf ears but those are them that will not receive Gods Word...........................God is not a respecter of persons.,everyone is given a measure of faith and has the same opportunity & free will to either accept or deny Christ.....when you open your heart to Jesus,have faith in Who He is & confess Him with your mouth ,He indwells us with His Holy Spirit...............the Wisdom & Understanding of Gods Timeless Truth is revealed by the Power of the Holy Spirit                                                                                                                                                             With love-in Christ,Kwik                                                                                                                         

Blessings to you, Kwik!

Thanks for the welcome and the comments. I agree that everyone is given a measure of faith, but I don't believe that the measure is given in the same way to each. We are all individuals that do not become one until we partake of the body and blood of Christ. The Bible, I believe, possesses layers of meaning, and as we grow in Christ we may eat of the meat rather than partaking only of the milk. The meat is the allegorical interpretations of Scripture. Interpreting allegorically does not invalidate the literal interpretation, but instead adds dept to the truth.

RANDOR

RANDOR
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Hi Tim.......hope all is well. I've always said, and I'm sure you have heard...satan is in the details.

God does not want to be studied but known.

He is not some historic figure, He is God. Alive and well :)

I told many men...hardened men, how serious are you about God?

Do ya just want to debate and debate and debate your entire life and end up no better off than you were from where you first started.

Or is it time to man up...and find out once and for all :)

Here is my suggestion to those who just talk and talk and talk and talk.

Get in your car, or go some place secluded. Take no food or water and don't come away (even death) from there until you get what you came for. 

Many men have done this, and guess who shows up.....YEP!!! Jesus...every time :)

Now they have experienced Jesus in thier lives, and now they can get back to their life...the one Jesus chose for them since birth.

If that's do deep for ya.....then go on debating never achieving anything. Satan loves that....just what ever you do, never give your life to Christ.

God Bless you....trust me...I've been there and done that.

Rick

Edited by RANDOR, 12 April 2014 - 11:55 AM.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,191 posts

Nope there are no secrets, just what God has chosen to not yet reveal to us.

The bible is a book of promises, those already met by God, and those He will (as the bible tells us), still meet.

So if you wish to label that which He has not revealed as a secret, fine, but there is no "elect", no "inner circle", there is just us.....

Sevenseas

Sevenseas

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,808 posts

But I have also discovered what I believe to be exceedingly strong evidence that our religion DOES possess a secret teaching.

Thanks Tim 

But please then, what do you mean by the above?

tim alexander

tim alexander
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Hi Tim.......hope all is well. I've always said, and I'm sure you have heard...satan is in the details.

God does not want to be studied but known.

He is not some historic figure, He is God. Alive and well :)

I told many men...hardened men, how serious are you about God?

Do ya just want to debate and debate and debate your entire life and end up no better off than you were from where you first started.

Or is it time to man up...and find out once and for all :)

Here is my suggestion to those who just talk and talk and talk and talk.

Get in your car, or go some place secluded. Take no food or water and don't come away (even death) from there until you get what you came for. 

Many men have done this, and guess who shows up.....YEP!!! Jesus...every time :)

Now they have experienced Jesus in thier lives, and now they can get back to their life...the one Jesus chose for them since birth.

If that's do deep for ya.....then go on debating never achieving anything. Satan loves that....just what ever you do, never give your life to Christ.

God Bless you....trust me...I've been there and done that.

Rick

Thank you for your thoughts and words. I too know a little about hardened men and solitude. I just spent 24 years in federal penitentiaries, about 14 years of that in the hole. I was something of a problem child... I also went through treatment for stage three throat cancer and caught a MRSA infection in the middle of treatment. Adversity I know thy name!:) I have always been something of a hard head and it took a lot of adversity to teach me that I was not invincible and something very special to lead me down a path to God. To say that God does not want to be studied...I disagree. It was through study that the mystery of Christ was revealed to me -- at least what I know of it.

ConnorLiamBrown

ConnorLiamBrown

Veteran Member

• Seeker
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

This is supposed to be a Q and A, but I only have a Q....

can you give me concrete examples of "secret" teachings that add anything to the very plain sense of the gospel?  Ultimately, either these "secrets" have salvific value, or they do not.  If they do not, then why are they there?  How would they add to my spiritual life?  If they do, then Christianity went wrong when it rejected the gnostics, and most of us are lost.

clb

tim alexander

tim alexander
  • Members
  • 23 posts

But I have also discovered what I believe to be exceedingly strong evidence that our religion DOES possess a secret teaching.

Thanks Tim 

Wow! Something very unexpected just happened when I clicked on to reply to you. I felt what I can only think of as a wave of kindness going through me, nearly brought me to tears. I am going to go get some papers related to this topic. I'll be back. I'm also going to look up posts:)

Atwood

Atwood

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
Now you've got a problem. You might try to prove there is secret teaching, by exposing it, but then it would not be secret! LOL

We are told to prioritize Loving God and Loving Neighbor as self. Is there anything secret or esoteric about that?

John 18:
"20 Jesus answered him, I have spoken openly to the world; I ever taught in synagogues and in the temple where all the Jews come together; and in secret I spoke nothing."

Acts 20:
"You yourselves know, from the first day that I set foot in Asia, after what manner I was with you all the time,
19 serving the Lord with all lowliness of mind, and with tears, and with trials which befell me by the plots of the Jews; how I shrank not from declaring to you anything that was profitable, and teaching you publicly and from house to house, testifying both to Jews and to Greeks repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ."

1 Cor 2:
" 2 For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. . . .
We speak wisdom, however, among them that are fullgrown: yet a wisdom not of this world, nor of the rulers of this world, who are coming to nought: but we speak God’s wisdom in a mystery, even the wisdom that hath been hidden, which God foreordained before the worlds to our glory: which none of the rulers of this world has known"

1 Cor 3:
"3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as unto spiritual, but as to carnal, as unto babes in Christ. 2 I fed you with milk, not with meat; for you were not yet able to bear it: nay, not even now are you able; 3 for you are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you jealousy and strife, are you not carnal, and do you not walk after the manner of men?"

I don't think the word "secret" is the right word, but there is some tailoring of truth in the teaching of Christians based upon the nature of our audience. Also, we are not to cast pearls before swine.

Edited by Atwood, 12 April 2014 - 01:09 PM.

Sevenseas

Sevenseas

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,808 posts

Thanks Tim 

Wow! Something very unexpected just happened when I clicked on to reply to you. I felt what I can only think of as a wave of kindness going through me, nearly brought me to tears. I am going to go get some papers related to this topic. I'll be back. I'm also going to look up posts:)

huh...what can I say...

looking forward to yr response

tim alexander

tim alexander
  • Members
  • 23 posts

This is supposed to be a Q and A, but I only have a Q....

can you give me concrete examples of "secret" teachings that add anything to the very plain sense of the gospel?  Ultimately, either these "secrets" have salvific value, or they do not.  If they do not, then why are they there?  How would they add to my spiritual life?  If they do, then Christianity went wrong when it rejected the gnostics, and most of us are lost.

clb

Yes, I can give concrete examples of what may be termed secret teachings, but they are only secret in the sense that they are unrecognized. As Sevenseas said, "If appears hidden then it is hiding in plain sight. I am going to post some of the examples to Sevenseas. You can read them there. As to Christianity going wrong when it rejected the gnostics -- consider that many of Christ's teachings are perfectly in line with gnostic philosophy. Also, many of the early church fathers were gnostics.

Now you've got a problem. You might try to prove there is secret teaching, by exposing it, but then it would not be secret! LOL

We are told to prioritize Loving God and Loving Neighbor as self. Is there anything secret or esoteric about that?

John 18:
"20 Jesus answered him, I have spoken openly to the world; I ever taught in synagogues and in the temple where all the Jews come together; and in secret I spoke nothing."

Acts 20:
"You yourselves know, from the first day that I set foot in Asia, after what manner I was with you all the time,
19 serving the Lord with all lowliness of mind, and with tears, and with trials which befell me by the plots of the Jews; how I shrank not from declaring to you anything that was profitable, and teaching you publicly and from house to house, testifying both to Jews and to Greeks repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ."

1 Cor 2:
" 2 For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. . . .
We speak wisdom, however, among them that are fullgrown: yet a wisdom not of this world, nor of the rulers of this world, who are coming to nought: but we speak God’s wisdom in a mystery, even the wisdom that hath been hidden, which God foreordained before the worlds to our glory: which none of the rulers of this world has known"

1 Cor 3:
"3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as unto spiritual, but as to carnal, as unto babes in Christ. 2 I fed you with milk, not with meat; for you were not yet able to bear it: nay, not even now are you able; 3 for you are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you jealousy and strife, are you not carnal, and do you not walk after the manner of men?"

I don't think the word "secret" is the right word, but there is some tailoring of truth in the teaching of Christians based upon the nature of our audience. Also, we are not to cast pearls before swine.

Your statement about not casting pearls before swine is directly on target. No, there is nothing esoteric about the golden rule, except perhaps that such love is a pathway. We can argue about wisdom until the cows come home and never get anywhere, because there are many scriptures that appear to be contradictory when it comes to this subject. BEFORE I GET JUMPED! i said, "appear" to be contradictory. Understanding of context yields understanding of meaning.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,041 posts

Sin And Salvation

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:20-22

~

Is it possible that Christianity.... DOES possess a secret teaching....

:thumbsup:

A

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Ephesians 2:8

Secret

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

No

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

More

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:160

See?

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24

~

And As For The Gentiles

'These are the appointed times of the LORD, holy convocations which you shall proclaim at the times appointed for them. Leviticus 23:4 (NASB)

Even We Can Come To Understand The LORD's Appointment Times

tim alexander

tim alexander
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Thanks Tim 

huh...what can I say...

The veil is a virtual curtain that hangs between knowledge and ignorance. It is a mental field that has been maintained and expanded throughout the thousands years of its existence. Its purpose is to form a layer of illusion between the non-initiated people of the world and the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven. But at the moment of Christ's birth the veil in the temple at Jerusalem which separated the holy from the Holy of Holies was torn from top to bottom. Matthew 27: 50-51 “And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. 51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom.” The earth shook and the rocks split. In one very important respect this tearing of the veil represents the initiation of the people of the world into the secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven. The Way of Christ represents steps toward this initiation and at the moment of death He becomes one with heaven, is initiated Himself into Himself.

However.

The veil remains in place for those who fail to accept the revealed mystery of Christ.

A reading of these interpretations of the flood leads to recognition of the cohesiveness between them and creates a bit of wonder that, when viewed allegorically, a single story can be so many different things. But then, that is exactly why it is a sacred story.

A proper understanding of sacred stories reveals that the Way is the path of light. But in certain respects it is akin to light through a prism. Consider the human mind as a prism. It breaks light up into all the colors of the rainbow. The color revealed at any given point depends upon how the prism is held in relation to the light source. The Way is seven-dimensional, seven being the number of wholeness.

No sacred story is as universal or beloved as that of the golden-haired Sun God and His battles against the forces of darkness. But what must be kept in mind as we consider this story is that the Sun is merely a symbol of God. Sun worship is idolatrous.

Long be fore the writers of the Gospels showed how the life of Jesus was paralled by the cycle of the sun the same was done for Tammuz in Babylonia, Adonis in Phoenicia, Horus in Egypt, Balder in Norway, Yu in China, and Zeus in Greece. About sixteen centuries before the birth of Jesus, Pharaoh Amehept III had the temple of Luxor built. Inside the temple the birth of Horus is shown in a series of four scenes of the Annunciation, the Immaculate Conception, the birth of Christ, and the Adoration of Christ. The reason why these scenes from ancient Egypt and Christianity are the same is because the Birth of our Savior is a reoccurring theme, a pattern recognized by the astronomer priests of Chaldea around 2520 B.C..

This is the story of the Sun.

On December 22nd, after a six-month battle with the forces of darknes, the sun dies. On this day in Northern latitudes the hours of darkness are twice as many as the hours of light. For the previous six-months the Sun has risen further south each day, but now the Sun stops moving for three days. During this three day period the Sun cannot be seen at all between 66.5 and 66 degrees latitude. For these three days the Sun is said to lie in his tomb, to have entered the underworld, the realm of the dead.

But all is not lost!

The virgin goddess of the Zodiac –Virgo—challenges the powers of darkness by giving birth to a Sun on the 25th of December. Every twenty-four hours all twelve signs of the Zodiac appear above the horizon and remain for about two hours. During the age of Aries the sign of the virgin arose about midnight, and during the first two hours of the morning gave birth to the Sun. While Virgo arose, Aries, the sacrificial lamb, sank in the west. But remaining high in the western sky was Orion, the star that foretold the birth of Marduk, Horus, And Christ. The three bright stars in Orion’s belt became the magi who followed the star to the stable where the Sun would be born. In the sign of Tarus lies a group of stars known as the stable. Between 2520 and 360 B.C. Tarus and the stable were above the horizon as day broke, and so the sun was said to be born in a stable.

On December 25th the Sun again begins to move across the sky, that is it arises at a different point each day. In stories from around the world the new-born Sun is portrayed as a babe, often with a single hair. This babe is hidden away from the forces of darkness until it gains the strength to do battle. The child’s golden locks grow, symbolizing the growing strength of the Sun’s rays. As the Sun learns the truth of his royal lineage, or divinity, he gains powers. He can make crops grow, warm the world with his love, heal the sick, or burn cities as he battles evil.

On June 21st,  the longest day of the year, he is pictured with seven flowing locks, which in the Judaic story of Samson with be cut by Delilah and he will begin to lose strength. Interestingly, John the Baptist’s birthday is given as being June 22nd, thus showing him as being the declining Sun and giving meaning to the cryptic statement in John3:30 “He (Christ) must increase while I must decrease.” John is beheaded on Herod’s birthday, which is given as being December 22nd, the winter solstice. Christ will of course be born three days later.

I too may be beheaded after posting this. But what needs to be understood is that this doesn't take ANYTHING from the story of Jesus. It only shows how the Savior was viewed as the brightest light in the heavens. I still haven't had time to look you up. I keep responding to people's posts. I'm new at this and it seems impolite not to respond to everyone.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,191 posts

Thanks Tim 

huh...what can I say...

The veil is a virtual curtain that hangs between knowledge and ignorance. It is a mental field that has been maintained and expanded throughout the thousands years of its existence. Its purpose is to form a layer of illusion between the non-initiated people of the world and the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven. But at the moment of Christ's birth the veil in the temple at Jerusalem which separated the holy from the Holy of Holies was torn from top to bottom. Matthew 27: 50-51 “And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. 51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom.” The earth shook and the rocks split. In one very important respect this tearing of the veil represents the initiation of the people of the world into the secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven. The Way of Christ represents steps toward this initiation and at the moment of death He becomes one with heaven, is initiated Himself into Himself.

However.

The veil remains in place for those who fail to accept the revealed mystery of Christ.

A reading of these interpretations of the flood leads to recognition of the cohesiveness between them and creates a bit of wonder that, when viewed allegorically, a single story can be so many different things. But then, that is exactly why it is a sacred story.

A proper understanding of sacred stories reveals that the Way is the path of light. But in certain respects it is akin to light through a prism. Consider the human mind as a prism. It breaks light up into all the colors of the rainbow. The color revealed at any given point depends upon how the prism is held in relation to the light source. The Way is seven-dimensional, seven being the number of wholeness.

No sacred story is as universal or beloved as that of the golden-haired Sun God and His battles against the forces of darkness. But what must be kept in mind as we consider this story is that the Sun is merely a symbol of God. Sun worship is idolatrous.

Long be fore the writers of the Gospels showed how the life of Jesus was paralled by the cycle of the sun the same was done for Tammuz in Babylonia, Adonis in Phoenicia, Horus in Egypt, Balder in Norway, Yu in China, and Zeus in Greece. About sixteen centuries before the birth of Jesus, Pharaoh Amehept III had the temple of Luxor built. Inside the temple the birth of Horus is shown in a series of four scenes of the Annunciation, the Immaculate Conception, the birth of Christ, and the Adoration of Christ. The reason why these scenes from ancient Egypt and Christianity are the same is because the Birth of our Savior is a reoccurring theme, a pattern recognized by the astronomer priests of Chaldea around 2520 B.C..

On December 22nd, after a six-month battle with the forces of darknes, the sun dies. On this day in Northern latitudes the hours of darkness are twice as many as the hours of light. For the previous six-months the Sun has risen further south each day, but now the Sun stops moving for three days. During this three day period the Sun cannot be seen at all between 66.5 and 66 degrees latitude. For these three days the Sun is said to lie in his tomb, to have entered the underworld, the realm of the dead.

But all is not lost!

The virgin goddess of the Zodiac –Virgo—challenges the powers of darkness by giving birth to a Sun on the 25th of December. Every twenty-four hours all twelve signs of the Zodiac appear above the horizon and remain for about two hours. During the age of Aries the sign of the virgin arose about midnight, and during the first two hours of the morning gave birth to the Sun. While Virgo arose, Aries, the sacrificial lamb, sank in the west. But remaining high in the western sky was Orion, the star that foretold the birth of Marduk, Horus, And Christ. The three bright stars in Orion’s belt became the magi who followed the star to the stable where the Sun would be born. In the sign of Tarus lies a group of stars known as the stable. Between 2520 and 360 B.C. Tarus and the stable were above the horizon as day broke, and so the sun was said to be born in a stable.

On December 25th the Sun again begins to move across the sky, that is it arises at a different point each day. In stories from around the world the new-born Sun is portrayed as a babe, often with a single hair. This babe is hidden away from the forces of darkness until it gains the strength to do battle. The child’s golden locks grow, symbolizing the growing strength of the Sun’s rays. As the Sun learns the truth of his royal lineage, or divinity, he gains powers. He can make crops grow, warm the world with his love, heal the sick, or burn cities as he battles evil.

On June 21st,  the longest day of the year, he is pictured with seven flowing locks, which in the Judaic story of Samson with be cut by Delilah and he will begin to lose strength. Interestingly, John the Baptist’s birthday is given as being June 22nd, thus showing him as being the declining Sun and giving meaning to the cryptic statement in John3:30 “He (Christ) must increase while I must decrease.” John is beheaded on Herod’s birthday, which is given as being December 22nd, the winter solstice. Christ will of course be born three days later.

I too may be beheaded after posting this. But what needs to be understood is that this doesn't take ANYTHING from the story of Jesus. It only shows how the Savior was viewed as the brightest light in the heavens. I still haven't had time to look you up. I keep responding to people's posts. I'm new at this and it seems impolite not to respond to everyone.

Please quote your source when you copy paste, in terms of the TOS.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,096 posts

Thanks Tim 

huh...what can I say...

However.

But all is not lost!

I hope you realize that Jesus was not born on December 25th...

I hope you realize that the veil was to separate everyone but a priest from God, and the tearing of the veil was to allow anyone to come directly to God themselves without the involvement of a priest....  

Has nothing to do with secrets.....   it opened the Holy of Holies to everyone......   no secrets.

Taker

Taker

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

The answer to this question is simple. The Bible teaches one truth. However, those who are not blessed with the spirit cannot interpret this truth from God's word. The fact that Jesus spoke in parables to the crowd, but revealed the meanings of those parables to his disciples, symbolizes the fact that if you are one of Jesus' disciples then Jesus will reveal the truth of his word to you.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network