christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How to love "Hard-to-love people"

* * * * * 1 votes Hard to Love people

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

dee_han

dee_han
  • Members
  • 8 posts

As Christians, we sometimes experience living with people who are "irksome" ,"rude", "stingy" etc. Sad to say, they may be Christians too and these acts serve as stumbling blocks in our Christian journeys.. Since I was young, I grew up in church, my whole family was active in serving the Lord through different ministries at church but that's merely not an excuse for the so called, hard-to-love people to show up. Yes, they're always there. Anywhere actually, even at church... But a question kept running on my mind, what should I do? I'm beginning to have the "hate" word in me, I begin to judge them, I begin to backbite them and I begin to disrespect them too! When people hurled insults at my family, my dad especially,I became so broken inside, spiritually broken. And as a Christian, it isn't healthy to be living with hatred and disrespect to others. Having been so broken inside, I realized I needed a "wake up call", I needed to realize that I lived to please the LORD, not other 'human beings'. When I read a passage in the bible, I found what the answer to my question was: "Set your eyes on Jesus" 

"Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2 (NIV)

After all ,I needed to forgive people just like what Jesus did when he died for me on the cross. And no matter what negative things I hear from others..None of that could make God love me less. For if God is for me, who can be against me?

"What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31 (NIV)

Grace and Peace
-Hannah

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,597 posts

Good first post. Welcome to Worthy.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,636 posts

Welcome~!

Logan

Logan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Welcome to worthy :)

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

e13ee5f8ec106e44c920d9c8ad93bf65.jpgWelcome to Worthy dee_han. :mgcheerful:

Jerry1023

Jerry1023

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts
Welcome to worthy

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,609 posts
A Worthy welcome!

alien224

alien224

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
Welcome to worthy!

19Duggarfan

19Duggarfan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

As Christians, we sometimes experience living with people who are "irksome" ,"rude", "stingy" etc. Sad to say, they may be Christians too and these acts serve as stumbling blocks in our Christian journeys.. Since I was young, I grew up in church, my whole family was active in serving the Lord through different ministries at church but that's merely not an excuse for the so called, hard-to-love people to show up. Yes, they're always there. Anywhere actually, even at church... But a question kept running on my mind, what should I do? I'm beginning to have the "hate" word in me, I begin to judge them, I begin to backbite them and I begin to disrespect them too! When people hurled insults at my family, my dad especially,I became so broken inside, spiritually broken. And as a Christian, it isn't healthy to be living with hatred and disrespect to others. Having been so broken inside, I realized I needed a "wake up call", I needed to realize that I lived to please the LORD, not other 'human beings'. When I read a passage in the bible, I found what the answer to my question was: "Set your eyes on Jesus" 

"Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2 (NIV)

After all ,I needed to forgive people just like what Jesus did when he died for me on the cross. And no matter what negative things I hear from others..None of that could make God love me less. For if God is for me, who can be against me?

"What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31 (NIV)

Grace and Peace
-Hannah

Hello Hannah, and welcome to Worthy, and thank you for sharing such a wonderful Testimony.  Especially since if I saw right you are from the United Arab Emirate, so sure thing you probably know a great deal about suffering.  But remember even though those of the Household of Faith, Galatians 6:10 and Household of God, Ephesians 2:19 may do you and your family wrong; God guarantee is better:

For God is not unrighteous, that he should forget your work and labour of love, which ye showed toward His Name, in that ye have ministered unto the Saints, and yet minister.

Hebrews 6:10

Praying for you and your family, especially your dad.

e13ee5f8ec106e44c920d9c8ad93bf65.jpgWelcome to Worthy dee_han. :mgcheerful:

Bopeep, you are definitely who God want you to be.  Keep up the great work for the Lord, dear sister.  You will never know how many times your comments have lifted my spirits.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,411 posts

Welcome to Worthy. 

miracles

miracles
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Welcome Hannah! :thumbsup:

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts
Blessings, Hannah, and how right you are. We aren't supposed to have our focus on others or even compare ourselves to them. The churches are full of people, some of whom are not yet saved and all of whom are very imperfect like ourselves. So we keep our eyes on Jesus so that we will grow to become more like Him.
Welcome to Worthy,
Willa

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network